Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time for upgrades is too long!!

Quote Originally Posted by jacobvanbourne View Post
    Chianti, we were told in another forum discussion by FrozenTurtle that the battles weren't based on crown numbers, but on the relative attack strength of the attacker and the defense strength of the defender. They said crown numbers didn't matter because they were so easily manipulated. Have you actually found that NOT to be the case?
    Unless things have changed very recently exp is given based on your crowns vs their crowns. The more crowns someone has than you the more crowns you will get for a win. Whereas if someone a few hundred crowns under you attacks you then you will only get 0 or 1 crowns.

Quote Originally Posted by MediusSyberia View Post
    Unless things have changed very recently exp is given based on your crowns vs their crowns. The more crowns someone has than you the more crowns you will get for a win. Whereas if someone a few hundred crowns under you attacks you then you will only get 0 or 1 crowns.
    Thanks for the update MediusSyberia. I am trying to put all this together.

Is it accurate to say then that the possible opponents are based on matching your relative attack strength and their relative defense strength? And that the crown award/loss is based on crown count? I am basing the first sentence on something MHz (Designer of Worlds) posted back in June. In that post he said, "The second change we did was to the matchmaking system. Before, we match players based on the defensive strength of the attacker and defender, which was a flawed implementation, and I take full responsibility for this. Now players are match relative to their offensive progression (army camp/barracks levels, troop promotions etc..) and the defender's defensive progression. This will not be exploitable as the prior system was."

Later he wrote:

"Crown based matchmaking is very exploitable. It allows players to purposely lose matches in order to deflate their count, enabling them to hide at low Crown levels with a town that is too strong to defeat for low ranked players."

Is all that just old information and it's changed since then? If so, have they posted somewhere how they match?

Right now I am a level 38 with 1591 crowns. All I am getting to attack are level 46+ beasts with much higher level RH, watchtowers, cannons, etc. Even then it only offers a few crowns. Sometimes 0 crowns. Then within minutes of closing the app I consistently get attacked by a level 50+ beasts and get destroyed by wizards, mages, dragons, and 200+ troops. Seems like 1600 is the upper limit for a level 38 given the systems matchmaking.

Appreciate the input and help from players who have gone before us.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12