Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Game keeps crashing

Rhino Keeper
    I play on ipad2 and crash in mine, newspaper and sideshop

Quote Originally Posted by jopazz View Post
    Mine crashes every 1-2 min depending on what I'm trying to do. I really like the game, but having to restart it so often is annoying and frustrating. When you add losing items to that, it makes me want to not play at all. I'm thinking about taking a break from it until I hear that they at least fixed that issue. I can deal with the other glitches and low drop rates if I could play for 10-15 mins at a time. Please fix this!!
    Im having the same issues and thoughts as you. I really like the game but the crashing is ridiculous. Sometimes I feel like Im an idiot for playing something that crashes this much. I've figured out a few things to make the crashing occur less but far from perfect.

1. Slow down, game play seems faster than syncing or something. When harvesting move the scythe slowly across the crops, when feeding the animals press the food button slowly. Just do everything way slower, it's helped for me. Pause here and there to allow the syncing the keep up with you playing.
    2. Remove the Haunted House (if you have one) The second I did this, there was far less crashing. Not real happy that I have to remove something that I spent 100 gems on but hoping they will have the game fixed by next Halloween (if Im still playing)
    3. When sending airplane drops, after sending the plane, just wait by the hanger, dont do other things. When the plane lands you can usual tell whether the game is running at normal speed or slowing down. If slowing down, crash is coming and go hit the market and that will finish the game off but at least you didnt lose your plane drop (if you have one).
    4. Coal mine... Enter off a fresh game load and figure out how many you're going to do. After first round click play again until you are done. After exiting out wait a 30 seconds or so, let game sync, and then go do something that normally doesn't crash the game. Pickup from chocolate, or kitchen, or something. Not animals or crops.
    5. Collect gems from train.... always off a fresh game load, after doing this no more lost gems
    6. If you collect something important, stop....wait.... then proceed, give it time to sync your collection. I usually do a move that usually doesn't crash my game (see above)

Ive got no real thoughts on the market and newspaper. My newspaper has been pretty good lately but my market is a joke. Best I find is go in off a fresh game load and move slowly. If I buy something cheap and nice in the market I leave the market and wait....and wait then make a safe move. If you leave the market and quickly do something else my game usually crashes and I lose the 5 shovels on the cheap I just bought.... Or the 6 maps someone is oddly selling

Hope some of this helps some.

And yes, I have un-installed and re-installed (numerous times), restarted, closed all background apps, have the latest version, have a 20MB WiFi connection, stand on my head while playing.....

New Resident
    I just started playing this game with some intent and I have had the crashing issues as well. Here is my various attempts with the game:

Firstly
    Game: Halloween ver (most recent as of yesterday)
    Device: iPod Touch;1st Gen Not updated to most recent; it was one update prior.
    ?After several crashes, I uninstalled several other apps then restarted the iPod. Crashes persisted.

Second Attempt
    Changes: Uninstalled 'Halloween' and downloaded the basic version.
    ?Crashes persisted.

Third Attempt
    Device: iPod Touch software v. 6.1.5 (10B400) / Model MC554LL/A
    (hope that helps!)
    ?After update, the crashes were fewer but still irritating.
    There is a noticeable frame rate and net lag 2-3 mins before it does crash. The crashes have always resulted in a rollback of my end of the game. It feels like communication gets fuzzy exponentially. Slow to start then bad very quckly.

Thanks.

Crash reports do occur more often on older devices, which we have investigated. Please be on the lookout for an update to this app that will address this issue. Thanks!

New Resident
    ipad 1, ios 5.1.1 just installed the new update. app seems to be lighter and faster, however game still crashes. not as often as before, but still a crash every few minutes

Executive Chef
    Both fs2 and castle crashing,on latest iPad (well,before the Air )did not update to iOS 7 on it because of all the problems and sheer ugliness of it

I have not been able to play for days and no one is replying to me even when I email support. I have done updates, install, uninstall and everything necessary and still not able to play. My other TL games are fine. Please helpppppp

I too have had this issue since I started playing, but it's worse now than ever. I have an iPod 4th gen, and the software is the highest I can get (6.1.5). I sent an email to the support desk, but got an email back saying that the older devices are not supported. I am reading here that people are using even older devices than mine, and as someone else posted, a new device is not in my immediate future due to finances (I'm doing good to even HAVE an iPod). I don't have this issue on the Restaurant story or Dragon story...just the Farm story...but the graphics on both of the others seem to be as busy as Farm Story is. I have tried all the suggestions, and really do hope that the Storm8 team can fix this issue. If not, then they should reimburse those of us who have spent real money on gems...and put a disclaimer on the app download NOT to install if you have an older device.

Maybe they've made all the money off the older devices that they need to...too bad, as it looks like some of us are quite loyal and really enjoy the game.

I'll keep trying the game, but now all the online games are down today...so I'll just have to wait to see if clearing the Safari cookies helped any.

I wish us all luck!

Rhino Keeper
    Since the recent update, my crashing has gotten better, but it still crashes.

In my case it seems to be related to activity in my account. I will have cleared all my "spearkles", go do something else for awhile and the game crashes. when I get back into the game (as quickly as it will reload, so about 1 minute), all my buildings are sparkling again. Or I will have a new neighbor request. Almost like the game can not handle doing two things at once.

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast