Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alliance donations

New Resident

Question Alliance donations

I have looked throughout the forum, but have not found an answer: The alliance donation troops are they from the alliance member's troops, in other words whatever troop the alliance member donates do they have to have that troop in their army post to donate? Also can you request a troop above what you can currently train (request bear but cannot train a bear)?

Quote Originally Posted by skyeareth View Post
    I have looked throughout the forum, but have not found an answer: The alliance donation troops are they from the alliance member's troops, in other words whatever troop the alliance member donates do they have to have that troop in their army post to donate? Also can you request a troop above what you can currently train (request bear but cannot train a bear)?
    When you donate troops, they are sent out from your Army Post so, yes, you must have them available. The number of troops in your AP will decrease by the number you donate, just as if they were lost in battle. If you have troops queued for training in your Barracks, they will immediately replace the ones you've donated.

I believe you can request troops that you cannot train yourself because they do appear in the request menu. But I didn't get such troops on my first request because my castle limit quickly filled up with the common warriors. As a test, I just requested only those that I haven't unlocked. Bear in mind that other players may be less willing to donate those troops as they require more time and spellstone to train.

Quote Originally Posted by skyeareth View Post
    As sand mentioned, you can make requests for any Troop type. However, you will probably have a hard time fulfilling the requests for higher level Troops.

New Resident
    Thank you.

Update on my test request: I checked off Assasin, Airship, White Mage, Ice Wizard, Knight and Dragon. Several hours later, all I've received are ... Warriors!
    It would appear that requests for reinforcements are really a general request. You can flag your PREFERENCES, but the starred troops are not necessarily what you will receive. Donors have sole discretion on what troops they may donate. When honoring a request, the seeker's preference are marked by a gold frame, but you can donate whichever types you wish, whether they are the seeker's preference or not.
    When granting requests, I donate a couple basic troops at first, then check the seeker's Castle Capacity frequently to see whether other members are donating also. I may donate more or higher-level troops depending on how the others are pitching in, but I would take it as a bad sign if an alliance's members were consistently unresponsive. Unfortunately, the system doesn't tell you WHO is donating.

Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    Unfortunately, the system doesn't tell you WHO is donating.
    This is a very good point. You get notification of who donates, but there's no indication of who donated what. I'll mention it to the game team!

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenTurtle View Post
    This is a very good point. You get notification of who donates, but there's no indication of who donated what. I'll mention it to the game team!
    You do? I've never seen any such notification. The only indication I got that I've received troops was by checking the REINFORCEMENTS tab next to the REQUEST TROOPS tab. It showed which troops were in the Alliance Portal but with no details about who sent them. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for that?
    The INBOX keeps a running tab of all alliance members who are requesting troops and that allows me to see how many each member has received and how many were donated by me but, again, no information about who else is donating.

I have another question about donated troops. Where are they deployed when used in defensive battles? Do they all just rezz at the Alliance Portal or do they randomly join the battle at different points?

I have another question about donated troops. Where are they deployed when used in defensive battles? Do they all just rezz at the Alliance Portal or do they randomly join the battle at different points?
    The donated troops join the battle when there are enemies near the alliance portal... Also, when your troops survive the battle they remain intact in your portal, unlike using them in attack mode...even if they survive during attack mode you lose the donated troops.

You do? I've never seen any such notification. The only indication I got that I've received troops was by checking the REINFORCEMENTS tab next to the REQUEST TROOPS tab. It showed which troops were in the Alliance Portal but with no details about who sent them. Is there somewhere else I should be looking for that?
    The INBOX keeps a running tab of all alliance members who are requesting troops and that allows me to see how many each member has received and how many were donated by me but, again, no information about who else is donating.
    You only see an immediate pop-up when you receive the donation (it appears from the very top of the screen). So if you're not online, you will not see who donated.
    Last edited by FrozenTurtle; 09-24-13 at 11:08 AM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast