Thread: Anyone still playing the Christmas version?

Anyone still playing the Christmas version?

I have been playing the Christmas version since I first started playing, and today when I tried to get on it told me that the version I was playing with was no longer available and that I needed to update my game. I'm so sad, anyone else had this happen?

Executive Chef
    Same, I've been playing Christmas version because it runs smoother than regular, which is optimized for a higher iOS than my device supports, but was forced to update to the regular version today. Was also playing Restaurant Valentine's and that's no longer supported either. Too bad because I prefer the pink doors in BS Christmas and RS Valentines. :P

We are preparing players to transition to the regular version to sync up with the latest iOS 7 update.

So after we get synced up with iOS 7, will we be able to download the older versions again?

Quote Originally Posted by IceePenguin View Post
    We are preparing players to transition to the regular version to sync up with the latest iOS 7 update.
    I will quit the game if I cannot play back the seasonal version! I believe I'm a very good player to your company since I often paid to buy gems. But how can your company just stop support the version without any notice! I feel really sad and really disappointed!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by minimego View Post
    I will quit the game if I cannot play back the seasonal version! I believe I'm a very good player to your company since I often paid to buy gems. But how can your company just stop support the version without any notice! I feel really sad and really disappointed!
    For the same reason Apple can discontinue support for iPhones or iPads that are well past their lifespan. The Christmas version is almost a YEAR old. For TL to actually keep every single version up to date so you could play with any version you wished, they'd have to start charging for the game because they'd need to hire more developers to code constantly. There's been a lot of different versions.

TL consistently stated that the only way to safely run any of their games is to update to the most recent version - whether that be the base game or a seasonal/special version. They only bug fix and re-code for the newest version. If you'd prefer to pay for the apps or have them raise gem prices even higher, then yes, maybe they can hire more developers to sit around and re-code every version of BS that we've had.

You may enjoy a particular version, but you have consistently missed out on content that came with other versions or the standard game in the past year. Unfortunately, technology adapts quickly and every technology company or developer discontinues products when they are passed their shelf life.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by IceePenguin View Post
    I play on a 2nd generation ipod, which can't go above ios 4.2.1, so my updating days have been over for a while. So far though, the older versions of BS/RS/CS/DS have still been playable.

Now I'm nervous. What does this latest update mean for me? Am I just done?