Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: How to build up food at my bakery

Rhino Keeper
    Lol I couldn't agree with you more! I love the baking aspect of it and I love the way the food looks on the counters. I continue making foods I think are really cute long after I have mastered them. And no one understands my obsession with the game outside of the forum . I'm embarrassed to tell anyone how much time I spend playing these games lol

Rhino Keeper
    Lol. I know!!
    The food is so beautiful and I love baking for appreciative customers.
    Not too much of that goes on in my real life anymore.

And I love my little customers coming in and shoving my food in their faces with both hands and falling in love. :-D
    Sometimes I just watch them, my bakery a beehive of activity and I tell them; "I love you guys!"

Fashion Designer
    I can't remember what level I was at when food started piling up but it will happen for you eventually.

I just love displaying food more than any decoration so I have 112 counters in a big rectangle in my bakery. Almost a year ago I was talking to people and they said they hated when food would build up because if you wanted to serve new food but didn't have enough counters something would be wasted. Clearly I found a way around that haha

When I took a break earlier this year I had over 150k plates of King Sweet and over 200k of L'amour Special. So yeah having tons of plates on a counter is very possible.

Also, don't block your door. I've been told by mods and other helpful people that it doesn't work that way and food will just be consumed faster when you open again. Think of it as catching up for lost time or something like that. (Unless this has been changed)

Rhino Keeper
    I was so pleased I managed to not run out last night!
    Yay!
    I have some 34 to 36 counters that I fill now and then let my chef do his magic!

I think it would **** me to block my door.
    I have blocked off an aisle with a chair and couldn't stand it for longer than 5 minutes.
    My people want food!!
    Besides, what's the difference between running out of food or just not letting your customers to eat what's there?
    They both equal no revenue coming in.

Rhino Keeper
    Duh!
    And probably everyone else already knew this but me.
    When all my counters are full and I serve a batch of something that IS already on my counters, it just adds to one of those counters.
    At least that's what it looked like to me.
    Can anyone confirm?

Fashion Designer
    That is correct. Nice, right? Makes more room.

The logic about blocking the door means no customers come in at all. If you have no food but the walkways are clear, they will sit down, see there is no food, and leave. This lowers your score (the one in pink with a heart at the top of your screen) and when that score is lower you get fewer customers and slower revenue. Of course it will work its way back up but that's what some people do to avoid that.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly888 View Post
    Duh!
    And probably everyone else already knew this but me.
    When all my counters are full and I serve a batch of something that IS already on my counters, it just adds to one of those counters.
    At least that's what it looked like to me.
    Can anyone confirm?
    This is indeed correct . And if you serve a food gift that you already have a counter of, it will also just add to your total.

If you run out of food: look at the ratio cooking time contra plates given. For startups I recommend red velvet cookies at 1750 plates in only 3 hours, I think. I used this for my second account and already at level 24-25 I had surplus of food.

Buy more oven slots asap. I spend all gems on oven slots, once you have more than 12, it's easy to get a surplus of food, and use ALL appliance slots for the same recipe.

Once you have enough plates to not have to keep checking the bakery or restaurant, you can move on to more leisurely recipies like 8, 12, 16 or 22 hours cooking time.

So get on do some powercooking to mass up on counters, then go relax, close your door or whatever is suited your playing style

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234