Page 104 of 174 FirstFirst ... 45494100101102103104105106107108114154 ... LastLast
Results 1,031 to 1,040 of 1736

Thread: New Battle Arena Tournament for Ninja

Farm Supplier
    [QUOTE=sand;742384]
    Quote Originally Posted by sunnybabi1986 View Post

That's very much how I do it. For each round, I list my best contenders, but if a dragon is also a top contender for a battle that's less than 6 rounds away, it probably won't get the fight ticket unless the others bite the dust. It really depends on how many contenders are eligible for each round. I wouldn't bother with babies unless I'm in the Final Five and out of options. That only happened to me once, where Ice Cream 3 battled Yin Yang in Round 30.

I don't heal any dragon during tournaments unless it absolutely must fight again within 6 hours. I try to keep the spring available for immediate use by such dragons. In a rough situation, where an opponent has slammed 10 or more of my dragons, I run an ER. The best (but defeated) dragon uses the spring for only 4 hours while 3 pawns or seconds take a shot. After the 3rd pawn is exhausted, I speed the last 2 hours of the spring and the serious contender returns to battle. If she loses again, she goes back to the spring for another 4 hours and a fresh batch of seconds or pawns try for a lucky roll. (A second is a dragon that doesn't have the best odds, but is still a decent contender. Pawns have very low odds and may be throwaway dragons, but not necessarily. I would ALWAYS choose a second over a pawn.)

Bottom line - I battle every hour while I'm available to play. As long as there are hours left on the timer and healthy dragons on my island, there is no need for the Ultimate pass. On the typical island with over 100 dragons, the vast majority of them won't be doing anything for the next few days except prance about their habitats and make money. Unlike us, they shake their money-makers just the same while they are exhausted. In the interest of victory, I'm willing to exhaust them all, if necessary. Fortunately, it never comes to that. Not even close.
    Thank you Sand, darkaether,cakeandpie and everyone else that had advice.

Many wonderful suggestions were given in these quotes and if they are applied, and with patience it seems that anyone can win this with a combination of effort and luck.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAther View Post
    Ok. Thanks! Not very far into it. Still trying to get Sasquatch etc. as usual not having much Luck with them. Keep getting Blizzards.
    Oh. I hardly go there but i have a Sasquatch n just got a Bedrock.
    They all look similar, and the finishing is bad.
    in battles you can fight them with baby Fire n Forests.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMzB4Life View Post
    Ugh!!!, I accidentally hit Ultimate while battling Leopard! Bash then my stupid thumb tapped Ultimate when I was aiming for Magic!!! I really shouldn't play when I'm exhausted. And I definitely would not have used Ultimate after only 1 attack. Feeling frustrated, sad, and mad!!!
    so sorry.
    yes 30 Gold gone !
    never mind, I've lost a 100 Gold by pressing wrongly too.
    yes too tired !

Fashion Designer
    to mignihgtmeerkat: I was told that is no important level of dragon, but type and color ....???? I have no 9 or 10 lvl, i have many dragons but max 8, i am no concerning on epics but fastest have most dragons. So noone cant tell me which dragon will **** Air one?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Sumercarefree View Post
    so sorry.
    yes 30 Gold gone !
    never mind, I've lost a 100 Gold by pressing wrongly too.
    yes too tired !
    I'm so sorry about your gold. I really wish TL would give us a confirm button but I know that's never gonna happen.

Rhino Keeper
    Just beat infinity with diamond. Usually when a dragons keep defeating more than 5 dragons of mine i'lljust randomly throw one stromg dragon like landworm, aether, etc and it works most of the time. I read about the battle calculator, how do you calculate that?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by eclipse0185 View Post
    need help with planet lost lightning twice & stone
    planet I used Parakeet10
    For Eclipse I used Wizard 10.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LilMzB4Life View Post
    I'm so sorry about your gold. I really wish TL would give us a confirm button but I know that's never gonna happen.
    TL should allow us to Vault our Gold.
    I know some have lost 1000 gold too.

Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    I just saw the pop-up announcement this morning for our boss dragon:

NEW CHAMPION DRAGONS!
    Win. More. Battles.
    The strongest type in the Battle Arena!
    Ninja Dragon! JOIN THE TOURNAMENT! ... or buy in the market!

Wow. No, really, WOW!!!

Until now, there has been no such thing as "the strongest type." Each element has been weak against some, strong against others and neutral against most. Do champion dragons have NO weak colors? If this is so, the champion-type challenger would have to be scored with a handicap (the way island diamond beats arena diamond but not the other way around). And what kind of odds are we looking at, I wonder. It can't be 100 percent, because that would ensure victory every time you enter your island's epic Ninja into battle, which would be absurd. Also, the arena's Ninja-20 in round 30 is presumably beatable. So the strongest element can't be quite the ultimate element. But just how strong it is and against how many other elements remains to be discovered.

My hunch is that there are already at least 17 dragons out there with Ninja's fighting qualities -- the ARCTICS! They seem to have no weakness against any elements (except perhaps other arctic elements?); but we can't enter our own arctics into battle. This leads me to a hypothesis that the arctics were utilized by TeamLava to test out the strongest element. Yes, we've been managing to beat them, but we may have been doing so on the minimal odds.

If my hypothesis is true then, in theory at least, we have already clobbered this element many times over the past month! Whatever you've been successfully using against the nastiest Arctics, crank it up and throw it down in round 30!
    The testers seem to have confirmed that the champion element is strong against ALL cold and warm elements except diamond and (perhaps) champion. There seems to be some question as to whether it was weak against a challenger champion or whether it has no weakness at all. Since they don't seem to think champion is weak against diamond, I'm going on the premise that it is neutral against diamond. But does strength against all elements except diamond and champion make this "the strongest type in the Battle Arena"?

I don't think so. It certainly is the most versatile element in battle. But although a knight could be called the most versatile piece on a chessboard, attacking many squares at once in a multi-directional pattern, we wouldn't call it the strongest or most powerful chessman. The champion element has an inherent handicap - it is unicolor, which means it won't always be the best contender against a hybrid challenger. When battling a bi-color challenger, a champion-type dragon will score 2 bonus points for color; when battling a tri-color, it will score 3 bonus points for color. But that's NOT the best possible score. There are hybrid contenders that will score higher!

If you are battling Serpent, a Ninja will score 2 bonus points for color because its strong against both green and blue. But a Topaz will score 3 bonus points for color because yellow is strong against blue and gemstone is strong against BOTH green and blue.

Now take Independence as a challenger. Since purple, blue and yellow all score DOUBLE against this dragon, an S/X purple-blue or blue-yellow hybrid (Aether, Mistmoth, Clown, Seabreeze or Storm) will score 4 bonus points for color while Ninja scores 3 points (one each against each of Independence's colors). In this case, the difference won't matter because a 3-color score is assigned the same value as a 4-color score. But Ninja is clearly not a stronger contender than Aether or the others. In fact, if it weren't unbreedable, since Ninja is rare, it would have lost points for rarity against the super rare Independence.

The champion element is least effective when taking on a unicolor challenger. E.g., while Ninja will score 1 bonus point for color against Stone, you would get 2 bonus points for color if you used Serpent, Atlantis or Mermaid as a contender instead.

This color handicap can also be used to dodge Ninja or other champion types when they arise as challengers. Since champion is strong against all colors except diamond, you simply pit as few colors against it as possible. First choice - pure diamond; second choice - unicolors! This element is not the wrecking ball TeamLava has made it out to be.

Won Quartz with Gemstone 7 M++++