Thread: Front of house vs back

New Resident

Front of house vs back

Now that I've completed my home, it occurs to me that the existing door is really the back door which means my whole design is backwards. Otherwise why offer a mailbox when it can't be placed in the current front door. Also, the existing wooden fence seems like it would be in a backyard, not the front.

LOL! You are right, never occurred to me! Too funny

The great thing about this game is that your doors, front or back or side, can be wherever you desire them to be! YOU are the designer. What I do is use a room I choose as a foyer or entryhall (any room you want). I then place a rug on the floor where I would have my front door. I decorate the room as an entryway, then build my floor plan off of that room. I change the location of the door almost every time I start over and build a new home - which I do frequently! If you don't want people using the door TeamLava gives us, just place something in front of it, small or large, and no one can enter! Your imagination is the key and it's YOUR house to design as you like! Hope this helps!