Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bakery Price Change- A Year later- How has it affected you?

Executive Chef

Bakery Price Change- A Year later- How has it affected you?

So its been a year. How has it affected you? I haven't earned nearly as much money as I used to.
    Share your thoughts.

Rhino Keeper
    I earn about a quarter of what I used to and I haven't expanded in a year. Right before the price hike, I had done my 2 mil expansion and was looking forward to earning enough for my 4 mil. When it jumped to 8 mil, I decided I would never spend so many coins since it takes so dang long to earn them. I have mastered all but 5 recipes on all my appliances and can't wait to just sit back and sell off my 8 + million plates of food (no exaggeration, I have an inventory sheet). Bakery used to be my favorite of the story games, but since the double, I just sort of maintain it

Executive Chef
    I must admit it used to be my favourite but now that I don't earn as much as RS it isn't my favourite anymore. I do prefer RS now as I can easily save up to redecorate the whole place at once if I want. BS sometimes I start but then have to finish it off later as I have to save up the coins again. I have mastered all recipes so I often leave my stoves empty as the dishes are way overpriced and I want to earn coins to redecorate. If I constantly cook I can't do that.

Fashion Designer
    I don't play as frequently. I just pop a 1day recipe and leave everything else alone. It definitely got boring.

Rhino Keeper
    I still hate it. I was down to 10,000 coins after I lightly redecorated (meaning just some tiles/a couple furniture because I already pre-bought the bigger items anticipating coin loss.) Do you think I can bake anything with 10,000 coins? Get real. And I don't have the mountains of food. Tiles are absurd. I'm trying to put down 12 Fall/Leaf Foliage tiles and I've to wait and wait. Each tile costs 15,000. Two is 30k. 12 is forever to reach when you have 10,000 coins. I can't even buy the orange counter I used to like anymore because it's 64k each now. If you put RVC on 18 ovens, you better have 126,000 coins on the ready which means you can't buy the antique clock that is now 200k and you'll be operating on what? 200 coins? How long will you have to wait until you can do anything again?

Wait and wait and wait is all anyone ever says. Which is so stupid because it makes the game dead boring, dull and straight up useless. Here. Play a Bakery Story game but wait! You don't get to do anything! It's like Groundhog Day for me every time reset hits and I'm supposed to tng my neighborhood. I don't even care about gifts to receive/parts to collect anymore because I can't buy appliances without going in the red. So what exactly am I playing in this game? If you get 20 cappuccino gifts that's only 10,000 coins and that's when you've waited for it to sell out. Can't even bake two RVC on that. 6 tips is 120 coins. I sneeze and all of it is gone. It's meaningless.

I don't know how it has "lengthen" gaming time or whatever excuse they gave because I already quit/took a break from the game once and I'm about to do it again until Halloween hits. At which point you better have 300 gems saved up and 10 million in coins to cover the goals and new decorations/ovens. (I did the math for BS: Christmas last year and if you wanted to buy all the new stuff -- the 24 gem decorations, the 8 gem tables, the 10 gem counters -- you had to have 500 gems on the ready.) Half my neighborhood is gone from players who have quit since summer came to a close. This game is time consuming and not rewarding.

Don't get me started on expansions. I'll never get to expand. The truth is, at some point, there's nothing left to do on Bakery Story but buy gems and open boxes. Which may sound like jackpot to TL but there's only so many boxes you can open until you feel like a chump and delete the game altogether because no one likes being ripped off.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kianebakes View Post
    I still hate it. I was down to 10,000 coins after I lightly redecorated (meaning just some tiles/a couple furniture because I already pre-bought the bigger items anticipating coin loss.) Do you think I can bake anything with 10,000 coins? Get real. And I don't have the mountains of food. Tiles are absurd. I'm trying to put down 12 Fall/Leaf Foliage tiles and I've to wait and wait. Each tile costs 15,000. Two is 30k. 12 is forever to reach when you have 10,000 coins. I can't even buy the orange counter I used to like anymore because it's 64k each now. If you put RVC on 18 ovens, you better have 126,000 coins on the ready which means you can't buy the antique clock that is now 200k and you'll be operating on what? 200 coins? How long will you have to wait until you can do anything again?

Wait and wait and wait is all anyone ever says. Which is so stupid because it makes the game dead boring, dull and straight up useless. Here. Play a Bakery Story game but wait! You don't get to do anything! It's like Groundhog Day for me every time reset hits and I'm supposed to tng my neighborhood. I don't even care about gifts to receive/parts to collect anymore because I can't buy appliances without going in the red. So what exactly am I playing in this game? If you get 20 cappuccino gifts that's only 10,000 coins and that's when you've waited for it to sell out. Can't even bake two RVC on that. 6 tips is 120 coins. I sneeze and all of it is gone. It's meaningless.

I don't know how it has "lengthen" gaming time or whatever excuse they gave because I already quit/took a break from the game once and I'm about to do it again until Halloween hits. At which point you better have 300 gems saved up and 10 million in coins to cover the goals and new decorations/ovens. (I did the math for BS: Christmas last year and if you wanted to buy all the new stuff -- the 24 gem decorations, the 8 gem tables, the 10 gem counters -- you had to have 500 gems on the ready.) Half my neighborhood is gone from players who have quit since summer came to a close. This game is time consuming and not rewarding.

Don't get me started on expansions. I'll never get to expand. The truth is, at some point, there's nothing left to do on Bakery Story but buy gems and open boxes. Which may sound like jackpot to TL but there's only so many boxes you can open until you feel like a chump and delete the game altogether because no one likes being ripped off.
    Well said...cudnt have said better

Earning coins and expanding my bakery is tedious ever since the price hiked started last year. My most regret would be not expanding to the 4m expansion back then before the price hike. I've the amount needed, but I didn't expand and wanted to earn another 1m before expanding. Then came the doomsday of price hike.

Finally, I got to the 8m expansion last month and now I'm saving for the 10m expansion. Though that will take months of not baking anything.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    My counters are slowly overtaking my 13x16 space, but I still have dozens of recipes to master for their gems. My next expansion is the 4mil, I have almost 5mil, but it's barely moved in almost a month, making me dread the thought of parting with those coins.

I think I might just stay this size, since I don't really have the RAM to go bigger anyway, and go browsing the decor tabs. There isn't much coin stuff I like, but I'm going out of town all day today, and I'm kinda in the mood now to just make a mess and see what kind of comments I come back to.

i've lost most of my the neighbors i started out with.
    so many have quit and even many of the newer ones don't even last that long.

it just takes way too long to earn coins.
    i can't even decorate the way i want.
    it just isn't as fun as it use to be.
    PLUS it seems like it's been forever since they added new recipes to the regular appliances.
    RS has been great in that department.

Executive Chef
    Are any of you doing the GroovyRuss or FecSuper layout? You may fight it will help sell food faster. The trick is to save enough coins so you can afford to bake the RVC. As this takes 1 day to bake, it leave you with that time to sell your other food. If you're a bit savvier you can get past the price hike - many players did. However, it might mean making some sacrifices and not baking for a while (unlesd its RVC or the other high coin yeilding recipes) or decorating. For what it's worth I make 150k coins every 24 hours. If I add the daily bonus it's on average 200k coins.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast