Thread: Best recipe?

Farm Supplier

Best recipe?

What's the Red Velvet Cake equivalent in Restaurant Story?
    I've got too much food and want something that will help sell out at a high profit.

Rhino Keeper
    This thread has a link to a recipe spreadsheet that you can sort by profit: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....ory-amp-Chart-!!
    Highest coins/ serving are roast chicken and apple pie. Stew and (I think) creme br?l?e are also good.

Executive Chef
    I'm pretty sure apple pies is the best.

Farm Supplier
    Roast chicken has a profit per serving of 6.33 and apple pies have 5.92. Nothing else even comes close. The next highest are glazed ham with 3.97 and creme brulee at 3.93.

Fashion Designer
    Remember though roast chicken is situational, like RVC in bakery. If you only have 18 ovens cooking roast chicken, in 2 days you have 27,000 plates. That's just over half a day's food, if you have an efficient design. So with a lot of stockpiled food, that's the best thing to make to sell down food, but if you don't have the stockpile, you lose a lot of money making it. At least you do with efficient design, where you sell the max plates of food per day.

2 days profit roast chicken - $170,910
    2 days profit glazed ham, selling out - $291,556.8

Rhino Keeper
    What about Peking Duck...I'm pretty sure that's in the top 3 profit spinners.

Farm Supplier
    Peking duck may be a high profit dish overall, but profit/serving is only 3.24.

Nightclub Owner
    As sapphire said, you have to be careful with those two day recipes. They may seem like they have a high profit margin but if you are not cooking food for two days and have no food stockpile then you won't really see a lot if money coming in.

Best thing to do is to cook the high profit foods on a few stoves but cook kiwi cake and other things like tiramisu, rack of lamb, olives and cheese, smores...so that you have food selling constantly on your counters. There are other recipes to cook as well but I can't remember them now. But sehana's chart can be helpful with this.

If you have few ovens available (i.e. a lower level player) then i would suggest that you cook a two day recipe on one or two appliances only and find a high yield recipe to cook on the other ovens so you have food constantly selling. You will make money if you do that.

And ask neighbours for stew or bacon and eggs as well. The trick is to constantly have food selling on counters, which can be a serious challenge in restaurant story!

Farm Supplier
    Sounds like roast chicken is the winner. I'm looking for something that has a high profit and negative servings per hour.
    Thanks all.