Thread: Game jumps out back to my menu whilst playing

Farm Supplier

Game jumps out back to my menu whilst playing

Hi.

I am playing this game on my iPad1 iOS 5.1.1, version of Dragon Story 1.6. It appears to be whenever I scroll or move around the game, it can jump out back to my iPad menu. When I go back into the game, it loses some progress as well. I have got a lot of dragons in my game and I am on Level 108. It can be slow when I try and move around as well. Also, I noticed another problem. I have a Mismoth Dragon, which I remarkably managed to breed just before it expired, and noticed it stops moving.

Can you help with this problem? Is it because there is so much moving on the screen that causes the game to jump out? Has anyone else reported a similar problem?

Thanks.

The Honorable Panda
    As the game gets more and more updates, older devices may start having some issues playing the game.
    Make sure you restart your Ipad before coming into to the game.
    Also I think you can force close out apps running in the background on an iPad 1.

To force close you games, means you are closing out the game from running in the background.
    On iphone, ipad, etc. ( you are not deleting the game and redownloading it)

Click you home button twice, your icons will show up at the bottom

[IMG]https://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQQx33DWgZVWPenwP1h0tp***PKRBxsz yWFKkDmOxwXrqLhb7dADwnKnLPx[/IMG]Then you hit the red minus sign for the apps you want to close out. you can scroll to find more.
    You are not deleting the apps just closing them out.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Farm Supplier
    I have closed all apps running in the background and it can still happen. I have also tried switching my iPad off and then restarting it. Maybe it's because of my device being an older one. If I try and scroll around the game slowly, it's usually okay.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    The more animations on the screen, the more resources your device has to use to render them every time you load your island, and again every time you move the screen around, therefore the slower it'll run, if not crash completely. DS is bad about crashing because everything is constantly moving, and they didn't include an option to turn any of the movement off to help with that problem. If you don't have one of the absolute best, top-of-the-line, not-even-out-yet devices, you're gonna have a hard time, unless they give us a way to shut some of that animation down.

If this sounds familiar: crash-reload-crash-reload-crash-reload-nowmaybe?-crash-reload-thistimeyes!!-crash-reload-finally!-crash-reload-ok... carefully... collect... coins... harvest... and... plant... somethiCRASH-... you're FAR from alone.

People with older devices get left in the dust when it comes to pretty much anything new and exciting these days. I'm saving up for something with more RAM that can handle these games better so I can actually enjoy playing them, but it's gonna be several months before I can afford it, and my truck will probably break down again by then and have to be the financial priority. Might as well dig my Super Nintendo back out at this rate. At least I know it won't leave me behind just because I'm broke.

Executive Chef
    For the Mistmoth, try clicking on the habitat and click on the Mistmoth. That usually helps me.
    -or-
    Try rearranging the habitat. You can just move it and put back in the same place.

Farm Supplier
    I used to zoom out when playing so I could see more. I'm seeing if it still jumps out on standard zoom where there are less things moving on the screen and see if it helps.