View Poll Results: What do you prefer as a gift?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Food

6 8.82%
  • Parts

39 57.35%
  • Either or, it doesn't matter.

23 33.82%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gifts: Food Vs. Parts

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kianebakes View Post
    Lol I just had this conversation with a neighbor. Senior players looove sending that red motor.
    LMAO I think I just was guilty of this today. WHOOPS! Before the banana appliance and frosty appliance goals, I started at the beginning of the parts list and just started going in order and gifting each a day. I even sent out a dragon part because of this *facepalm* I didn't know certain parts are basically useless. (I understand certain foods are useless, like brownies, really!? lol)

So should gifting "basic parts" be limited to gears, metal sheets, screws, and knobs? I don't have too many appliances yet, for instance, I don't even know what the dragon scale is used for...so I thought if the part was still giftable, then it is useful in some way or perhaps may be useful again later on in the game.

@TinksThots: You made a lot of great points. I'll try not to be so angry at people that are so picky now. People need what they need and it changes as the game progresses. I accept that. Right now since I'm level 43, with not that many different appliances built (I have plenty of appliances but not a VARIETY...yet), and food that can never stay on the counters, I need both parts and food so it works for me, but that's not the case for everyone. I get that now.

I am also considering to stop tipping. It just takes too much time. Or maybe only tip a few people. I do want/expect gifts daily and quick responses to my materials requests that I send people, but that's about it. I'm afraid there's too much focus on tips though so I'll lose everyone if I don't tip anymore.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    I ranked the basics based on how many are needed by appliances that are available to everybody.

40 - Gear (easy oven, ice cream, deep fryer, big apple, cocoa maker)
    38 - Screw (ice cream, fryer, clay oven, pancake, sweetco)
    35 - Paint (easy, ice cream, fryer, cocoa)
    25 - Wiring (easy, cocoa, espresso)
    24 - Cooling Coil (frozen drink, shaved ice)
    20 - Metal Sheet (fryer, frozen drink)
    20 - Blue Motor (treat dispenser, 3 bears)
    14 - Spring (clay, pancake)
    10 - Fuse (easy, cocoa)
    10 - Knob (ice cream)

By the power vested in me by myself, I hereby declare NOZZLE to be a SPECIALTY PART, as it is specific to only ONE MACHINE, the treat dispenser. Even though it's mixed in with the basic parts, it shall NO LONGER be referred to as a BASIC PART. *poof* I said so.

Knob doesn't get demoted, because a lot of people can still get the other machines it builds. The ice cream machine is also a popular newbie build, and many people build extras because it has more than three recipes on it... I'd still call them 'borderline specialty' though, and let people ask for knobs if they want them.

Send gears most often, screws and paint here and there, with an occasional wiring, and sprinkle the rest in sparingly.

There, I fixed it. What do I win?

Executive Chef
    Dragon scales and teeth build this little guy, you can find him in your floor decor tab.

Quote Originally Posted by catprint View Post
    @TinksThots: You made a lot of great points. I'll try not to be so angry at people that are so picky now. People need what they need and it changes as the game progresses. I accept that. Right now since I'm level 43, with not that many different appliances built (I have plenty of appliances but not a VARIETY...yet), and food that can never stay on the counters, I need both parts and food so it works for me, but that's not the case for everyone. I get that now.

I am also considering to stop tipping. It just takes too much time. Or maybe only tip a few people. I do want/expect gifts daily and quick responses to my materials requests that I send people, but that's about it. I'm afraid there's too much focus on tips though so I'll lose everyone if I don't tip anymore.
    I'm glad I made sense, I was really hoping that wasn't just a rambling mess. Thanks for the confirmation, and I'm also glad you get it!

Go ahead and stop tipping if you want to, there are plenty of players who don't tip and don't worry about getting tipped... it's what, 120 coins and 6 XP you get from each nbr? In a world of 8-figure expansion prices, tips really DON'T add up that fast, unless you're nothing but tables, they're getting filled constantly, and you're online to clear them day in and day out. Ugh. It's bad enough there's no easy version of the rest of the appliances, then to go and add THAT MUCH MORE TAPPING...

Do any of you 99'ers still have rounded fingertips, or have you tapped them completely flat by now?

I just did a check and realised I've 800+ gears in my gift inventory and more than 400 of the other regular parts in my inventory too. Though I still don't mind receiving them. Since I prefer parts more than food. Receiving food is a big NO no for me. If I need food, I can cook them by myself. And looking at the food on my counter, I doubt there's need to re-cook for months or even years.

Stockpiled too much food previously. =.="

Executive Chef
    Your inventory can hold 37k of each item, so you've got plenty of space left.

I don't think stockpiling can be avoided in this game. Not if you want any cooking gems, anyway.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post
    Send gears most often, screws and paint here and there, with an occasional wiring, and sprinkle the rest in sparingly.

Oh please I beg thee!! No one send me paint. Or fuses. Please!!!!!! I have so many that I could build a mansion out of fuses and paint.

As for that hateful dragon and his scales and teeth...off with his bloody head i say. That creature should be banished forever. I suspect that was the single most disappointing thing TL ever came out with in Bakery Story. There was so much excitement about this new dragon...and then we completed construction and...huh...it just stood there...doing not a thing. I think I have six of them and still have scales and teeth in my inventory. smh.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    I find it weird that some neighbors who gift basic parts keep sending red motor and nozzle--there's nothing you can use them for except the dolphin statue for the former and the treat dispenser for the latter--maybe these people don't understand those parts aren't multipurpose as they are in restaurant? I don't mind getting old specialty parts once in a while but they never send those and instead always send nozzle and red motor, which are no more useful than any other parts that are used only in one appliance.
    ha! maybe they are trying to send you a message? Whenever someone repeatedly sends me a topiary or a part for something no longer available in Farm story I send them back a welcome mat (which has never been assigned to be used for building anything so it is truly a useless gift) Whenever someone sends me a part to build the zen appliances or any other oven that i cannot build in restaurant story I send throw back a snowball at them.

I have innocently randomly sent neighbours nozzles and motors in bakery story though. :-\

Rhino Keeper
    I prefer parts as well, just for the simple fact that affects most long term players here, stock piled food. Most of my neighbors play the same way as I, however, I do have one neighbor who prefers parts, or at least I think, but she will gift me a lucky clover EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!! I decline every day, but it may be time to delete her.....

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kimandamelia View Post
    I prefer parts as well, just for the simple fact that affects most long term players here, stock piled food. Most of my neighbors play the same way as I, however, I do have one neighbor who prefers parts, or at least I think, but she will gift me a lucky clover EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!! I decline every day, but it may be time to delete her.....
    Just ask. Nbrs have no way of knowing what other nbrs accept or decline, so maybe she thinks you like them if you haven't said anything. Did you request them a long time ago? Maybe she's just on a roll lol. Maybe she has a kid who insists she pick that every day and it's just not worth the fight for her. *shrug* Ya never know.

Quote Originally Posted by kimandamelia View Post
    She might have though that you needed some luck, hence her dozen of lucky clover daily. Just let her know once is more than enough. XD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast