View Poll Results: What do you prefer as a gift?

Voters
68. You may not vote on this poll
  • Food

6 8.82%
  • Parts

39 57.35%
  • Either or, it doesn't matter.

23 33.82%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Gifts: Food Vs. Parts

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    not just LOL where all i really did was smile a bit, but actually laughed out loud (okay, really actually kinda snorted and got weird looks from my coworkers). HA!
    Haha, I despise the overuse of 'lol' even though I constantly abuse the badword out of it myself lol. >.> What?

Glad I could make you almost-laugh! That makes me lol in the 'grinning-like-heh' way! ^_^

Farm Supplier
    I really really want parts only, but I'm thankful for any gift. If people just send the gift request through the news section, I'm good with that. I don't really read my wall too much, so ill gift when I eventually see their message requesting. I need parts because I'm ALWAYS building something. ALWAYS. I'll occasionally post a note on my wall saying what tools I currently need and why, but I'm not demanding it from my neighbors. I actually have awesome neighbors.

Banned
    I send what I send. I get posts on my walls but I gift first, read my wall hours or DAYS later and then tip. If someone doesn't like it, well tough stale cookies! They are free to delete me. I refuse to let this virtual game pester me. I had one neighbor over a year ago who would write mean messages when I'd tip and not post on his wall. When he'd throw his fits, he would visit my bakery to collect the coins or xp and not leave a tip.

I'd tip and gift him "exactly what he asked for, lest he delete you", at the reset I'd get him out of the way. I realized this is a game and deleted him. Then my best neighbors didnt care about whether they got what they wanted. Delete what you don't like and keep it moving. Heck I do it everyday. I STILL get Olympic and Halloween parts!

Farm Supplier
    Why, oh why doesn't this forum have a thanks button?

TinksThots put it perfectly. I do parts only gifting and receiving. My list has been narrowed down and remains between 25-35. I have great neighbors who actually read other player walls and send parts for what I'm building currently or my up next appliance. I change it as I go it each day. I have a spreadsheet with notes for the players who post on their wall and I check those every day as well (there's maybe 10 on each BS/RS) the rest get a basic part that I'll need upcoming to build or if they have a box out a part for that. It works well. And sorry, but those neighbors who have been added and have gifted me food more than twice in a week are deleted. I'm only level 50 or so and have way too much food already.

Fashion Designer
    I prefer parts just because there's a chance I might get to use them someday. I have so much food on my counters that food gifts will never get sold. But I don't ever turn down any gift or ask that nbrs send one or the other. I mass gift a part every day, but I have one nbr who prefers food when she's done bldg new appliances so I gift her capp each day unless a new appliance was released recently.

Fashion Designer
    I gift both & like to receive both!

Fashion Designer
    I'm not really picky with what I get....however, if I get dragon parts, I promptly delete I do respond to requests when I can. Food is preferable only because I barely have full counters again. I used to have over 100 million plates at one point and 75+ counters and didn't want food, so I can understand why people want parts instead.

Nightclub Owner
    Quote Originally Posted by catprint View Post
    Wow. So I guess that's why some people demand only food, they are probably like you, been playing for a while and racked up 100+ parts of each basic part, so they don't want/need any more. I can understand that. It's just difficult to keep up with everyone's individual needs without being on the app ALL day.

Any tips to do things quicker as far as tip/gift/commenting etc?
    I stopped tipping. Didn't have the time. When i do tip i rarely leave a comment. Anyone who send me cappuccino i send back cappuccino and some others who i know want that will get cap if i remember. Then i mass gift a random basic part.

Like chewytwix i don't really need any basic part right now since i too have at least 100 of each. I try not to go over 100 so i start to decline parts given to me if i have over 100 of that part. Needless to say i hardly ever get 20 gifts oer day, except when a new appliance comes out.

Executive Chef
    I prefer cappuccino, even though I don't actually serve them that often, usually I wait until I want the chef to rearrange some of my counters before I load in my capp. Bakery hardly ever uses old basic parts for new appliances and I'm not one to build tons of the same appliances so parts are mostly useless unless they're for brand new ovens. I'm just the opposite on restaurant though since a lot of the ovens need old parts, I prefer parts there over food. I find it weird that some neighbors who gift basic parts keep sending red motor and nozzle--there's nothing you can use them for except the dolphin statue for the former and the treat dispenser for the latter--maybe these people don't understand those parts aren't multipurpose as they are in restaurant? I don't mind getting old specialty parts once in a while but they never send those and instead always send nozzle and red motor, which are no more useful than any other parts that are used only in one appliance.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by rosewaterlily View Post
    I find it weird that some neighbors who gift basic parts keep sending red motor and nozzle--there's nothing you can use them for except the dolphin statue for the former and the treat dispenser for the latter
    Lol I just had this conversation with a neighbor. Senior players looove sending that red motor.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast