Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Gummy Garrison: levels 349 - 354

Farm Supplier

Gummy Garrison: levels 349 - 354

I thought this level was going to be a piece of cake with all the bombs and blasters but....

Omggggosh, I can not pass level 353 for the life of me! You get 50 moves to dig 32 levels down. Most of it is the tough stone only blasters and bombs can help you progress. Seems to me the amount of moves are too low for this level because, making a special gems and using it takes a couple moves, if you are not lucky enough to have one appear as you are moving down. (Thus, coming up short before the end. I think at least 60 moves would have been better.)

So I keep coming up short and not completing this level. I never get past 25 dirt levels deep. Can someone pleasssse help. Maybe I'm missing something here.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	17.4 KB 
ID:	9614  

Fashion Designer
    hi omni!

hmm it took me a bunch of tries for level 353 too, and you really have to not waste any moves. So since there are only 50 moves, but 32 meters to dig down, you pretty much have to be blasting through at least one layer of dirt per move, and have 18 moves of cushion. There were many times that i had an option to make a diamond OR make a bomb or blaster. And the diamond always tempted me, but it's not as helpful in this level to dig down. Unless you can get it right next to a blaster. But usually that's not the case, so i always opted to make the bomb or blaster instead. So you're definitely not missing anything.. haha it's just really tight on moves as you said. I'm gonna post pics of it later, i've been so behind on posting in JM lately!!
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    (...) i've been so behind on posting in JM lately!!
    Wow, you really are! Nothing wrong with that, of course! Lol! Guess we just can't gauge where you are by your posts anymore! We're missing an entire island thread in there somewhere, right? Anyway, I hope it's awesome playtime and not work that's keeping you so busy!

Quote Originally Posted by omniBliss View Post
    (...) Omggggosh, I can not pass level 353 for the life of me! You get 50 moves to dig 32 levels down. Most of it is the tough stone only (...) Maybe I'm missing something here. (...)
    Hey, good to see you posting! Wow, that level does sound incredibly tight regarding moves. You are missing something...more moves, lol! When you say "tough stone" are you talking about super dirt?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Wow, you really are! Nothing wrong with that, of course! Lol! Guess we just can't gauge where you are by your posts anymore! We're missing an entire island thread in there somewhere, right? Anyway, I hope it's awesome playtime and not work that's keeping you so busy!
    sadly it's work!! i'm gonna bring my laptop home to play catch up though. and i think i'm at crepe cafe, which is the region after this one... so yea gotta fill in those blanks
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Sorry to hear it's work keeping you so busy. I was just teasing about us keeping tabs on you, though I suppose I am aware "subconsciously." And when I saw this thread, I was a little puzzled. I'm like, what happened to levels 343 - 348?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Hey, good to see you posting! Wow, that level does sound incredibly tight regarding moves. You are missing something...more moves, lol! When you say "tough stone" are you talking about super dirt?

Lol yea more moves hehe.... Yea that's wht I meant, super dirt didnt know what it was actually called.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    hi omni!

hmm it took me a bunch of tries for level 353 too, and you really have to not waste any moves. So since there are only 50 moves, but 32 meters to dig down, you pretty much have to be blasting through at least one layer of dirt per move, and have 18 moves of cushion. There were many times that i had an option to make a diamond OR make a bomb or blaster. And the diamond always tempted me, but it's not as helpful in this level to dig down. Unless you can get it right next to a blaster. But usually that's not the case, so i always opted to make the bomb or blaster instead. So you're definitely not missing anything.. haha it's just really tight on moves as you said. I'm gonna post pics of it later, i've been so behind on posting in JM lately!!
    Thank u for helping. This will be my 3 day working on this level and Ive gotten down 30 dirt levels only to have run out of moves. I will keep all of the tips in mind!

Farm Supplier
    I FINALLY passed it (level 353)! My fav is when ur lucky enough to swipe two diamonds together, that is the part that helped me the most.

Already passed 354 too, pretty straight forward. But I try not to focus on just the number of jewels to open the cage. That tends to use up moves.

Level 349: 14 fire in 25 moves (5JC.) Wow, this one's a little tough! Lots of snakes, with windows and wooden walls.

Played this many times already--they're aren't many moves given. No extras...definitely not enough to **** the snakes one-by-one in order to get to the bottom flames. This requires some big combos, to wipe out lots of snakes & flames all at the same time. A blaster + bomb in columns 2 and 7 would be perfect. Wipe all the fire right out. How awesome would that be? That didn't happen, unfortunately. I had lots of trouble always having a wooden wall getting between my wanna-be combos. Vertical blasters are very helpful here, though they won't put all the fire out in an area unless they're consecutive (flames come right back.) I got close many times on this level, but always needed a couple more moves. But I finally got a very lucky round, where I wiped out one side in the first 10 moves, and still had lots of blasters made, etc. Then I made a diamond, which I swapped with a green jewel (had mostly green snakes left, in key areas, too.) That got rid of lots of flames, and then...I finally made a bomb next to a blaster that I could actually swipe together. I had so many blasters spaced around the board, that when I detonated the blaster + bomb, it wiped out every single flame! So excited...that one was fun & challenging (though you had to get a lucky board, too!)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast