• delete non-answered neighbor invites

8 17.78%
  • delete gifts from your own inventory

5 11.11%
  • new recipes for non-main appliances

14 31.11%
  • categorize your neighbors

8 17.78%
  • open boxes so you can buy the prize you want (even if expensive)

22 48.89%
  • POST YOUR OWN CHOICE IN THREAD!

4 8.89%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: if you could change just two things...

Executive Chef

if you could change just two things...

what would they be?

(only said 2 because i figured gem confirmation would blow everything else away)

Executive Chef
    oh, and i didn't phrase it right, but i meant eventually open up the boxes. i support TL's right to make money (although not by being mean to customers).

Executive Chef
    Re-release of past LTO's, delete neighbour invites that aren't answered, categorize neighbours (by star rating, last login time (to help figure out if they've quit, this is by far most important one), have all boxes open for limited time of 1 week from release day, so we can buy as much as we want from it directly, after that week, put everything back in the box for everyone that missed shopping during that time, and yes I think everyone wants some sort of a confirmation before we use gems.

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    i figured gem confirmation would blow everything else away
    If it doesn't, it'll prove that TL's been right all along, and that people really don't care what happens to their money, and will just keep handing it over no matter what's going on. I hope I'm wrong, but the pessimist in me is predicting that people will continue to focus too much on other game functions, and keep forgetting the fact that one of these issues involves real life cash... :\

Rhino Keeper
    I would have voted for gem confirm on the other 2 TL games I play - the only reason I didn't was because I haven't been gemtrapped on RS yet, so I voted for opening old boxes and new recipes.

Executive Chef
    I'm posting my own other, because I forgot putting sticky posts on your own wall!

Farm Supplier
    My votes go to deleting neighbour invites and adding new recipes to non-main appliances. Can't devices be set to password confirm a purchase? I set my Android to.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by AdorkableGeek View Post
    My votes go to deleting neighbour invites and adding new recipes to non-main appliances. Can't devices be set to password confirm a purchase? I set my Android to.
    Yes, absolutely. You can even turn off the ability to make purchases entirely. That's outside the games, though, and completely separate. In the games, you have to confirm nearly everything you do... unless it involves spending gems. The one element associated with peoples' real life money, is the only element that lacks confirmation.

The poll results are disturbing, but, sadly, not surprising. The "give me more reasons to give you money!" option is far ahead of the "stop taking my money without my consent!" option. Still not many votes yet, but... yeah it's gonna stay that way, I'd almost bet on it.

Hmm. I was going to say, IMHO, that the gem confirm option should have been left off, but on second thought... I have a feeling that after this survey's been up for a while, the results are going to be rather revealing. From a psychological viewpoint, this is actually quite fascinating...

They ARE hard to choose from, I gotta give ya that. Nice job!

Executive Chef
    see, my problem with the gem confirmation button really is more theoretical/moral, which is why i didn't vote for it. i think it makes TL decision makers bad people, but from a practical (and self-centered) standpoint, i knew what i was getting into when i paid for gems, and i only slipped up once in the game in which i did pay for them.

but the opening the boxes option is not really a "give me another reason to give you money" for me, it's actually me saving my money, because i spent so much trying to get a certain prize (fully aware of my own folly) that being able to just buy that particular prize would have saved both my money and frustration. which is also why i think it a good balance for TL to have boxes at first but then later open them up, because i eventually gave up on my desired prize - and TL lost a customer - but i would pay again if i knew i would get what i wanted.

and thank you! i really wish i could have put in more than 10 options though.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    but the opening the boxes option is not really a "give me another reason to give you money" for me, it's actually me saving my money, because i spent so much trying to get a certain prize (fully aware of my own folly) that being able to just buy that particular prize would have saved both my money and frustration.
    That makes sense, and I can see your point. But "give me another reason to give you money" came from my absolute refusal to have anything to do with boxes, because I won't spend gems unless I know what I'm getting, and the fact that if I could pick my prize, I'd probably be spending all of mine on box stuff. So it stands to reason that more people would be buying gems to get box stuff if they knew that they'd be getting exactly what they wanted out of it. So putting stuff out of the boxes will save some people money, but have others spending even more. They'll never see a dime out of me, but I could see box contents easily winning over a decent sized chunk of those who refuse to buy gems. :\

Looking at everything from the suggestion threads together in one concise little list like that... we've been begging for all that stuff for how long? Wow... says something about who really matters.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast