Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Today's Update 8-14-2013

Another vote for a max price button back pls.. Love the plane though...getting use to the new ways, agree old ways r much faster...

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    Ugh, this is terrible!

Worst update ever!

You can no longer plant more than 1 crop plot at a time. It's going to take me forever just to plant my 42 plots. By the time i'm done i will be starting again and have no time to do anything else in the game! I usually have 9 plots of corn and 9 wheat going all the time, which now seems impossible to keep up with.

I really dont like having the crop icons at the bottom of the screen either.

Also it is a bit inconvenient to no longer have the Max option in the shop when setting your price. I guess this is an attempt to discourage people from setting max prices. If i dont then i sell out before i have time to close my shop and consequently never have stock to sell.

Hope i can re-install the old version, i will be recommendng this update be avoided at all costs.

I agree. It's a lot more inconvenient. Much much better the way it was. Also, you can't tell how much feed your animals have by tapping on their enclosure - you have to check the barn.
    Would have preferred an update with new buildings, decorations or expansions. Maybe next time?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dolly8855 View Post
    Another vote for a max price button back pls.. Love the plane though...getting use to the new ways, agree old ways r much faster...
    Out of the changes, I have missed the max price the most. I used it to find a market price, some things I'd max, some I'd put on 'sale' working off the max price. It was a handy guideline to offer a good price for your neighbours' requests.

Please return the MAX button.

The only thing I love the most from the updates was the airplane. I noticed they have also reduced the expansion items needed for the barn and silo. So thumps up for this! Now we don't have to wait for ages to upgrade our barn or silo anymore. Like everyone else, I hate the new planting and harvesting crops. It now takes much longer for me to plant multiple crops at once. The tap to collect animals and tap again to feed is really annoying. Also you can't see how much animal feed you've left when tapping on the animal pen. And I don't like the collect and harvest button below the screen.

Please tl, return back our favorite old planting and harvesting crop feature. And put back the "Max" button at the side shop. Hope they will consider this.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    I just managed to re-install the previous version of the app 1.2 phew!!!

I'm sure there is a guide here somewhere on how to do this, but i'll summarise how i did it.

(Step 1) You either need to have a copy of the old version on your computer (go to step 2) or have it on another device. If you dont already have it physically on your computer (ie you cant see it in iTunes on your computer), then you'll need to sync the device that has the old app (make sure you disable iCloud on that device so the app will sync to your computer). Sync the 2nd device, then you will have copied it to your computer and will now see it in the App tab in iTunes.

(Step 2) Then delete the new version from your 1st device, plug it in, then in itunes (on your computer) go to Apps, find Farm Story 2 and click install. Then do a sync and it should bring across the old version (hopefully 1.2)

Hope that made sense.
    I still have my old version in my device and did not install the new version. However, it tells me to go to the App store to get the new version and does not allow me to proceed beyond that. Do you have the same problem after reinstalling the old version?

New Resident
    Definitely not happy with the update. While the plane seems great and that it's supposed to be easier to get parts, the planting and harvesting crops and collecting from and feeding animals seems so inefficient. The tap to plant doesn't even put the next location in the right place for me layout. And there are so many more taps to do this. It really makes me less inclined to play.

I really hope this gets changed back in an update very soon. I can't imagine any user having a positive reaction to those changes.

Fashion Designer
    Now we are being forced to update.

I guess i am done then, dont feel like playing anymore. Glad i didnt waste any money on this game.
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-15-13 at 05:13 AM. Reason: inappropriate word

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with everything. HORRIBLE update!!!!!
    The max button gone, not being able to check the feed level of the animals, not knowing what you've planted by clicking on it (just says "plot" not), and worst of all - the whole new planting system!! So incredibly tedious and horrible!!! Do NOT even want to bother planting now - wow too tedious. HORRIBLE!
    Anyways, I put a long post in the "feedback" forum for Farm Story 2 instead of this discussion forum. You guys should all go do the same - post in the feedback forum so TL sees it!!!

Just found out that if u just tap on the crop u want to plant it goes on the plot by it self instead of dragging the crop to be planted just tap on it and its pretty fast !

Rhino Keeper
    I don't like the new tap to plant thingy. The swiping was far more intuitive. Plus I liked to make neat rows with types of vegetables and it just flings them in a way I don't like. Its fast but seems like a step down rather than something more user friendly.

I like to be able to check the feed level of the animals, it was perfect before! Not sure why it was changed except for the sake of changing it? Adding icons to the bottom of the screen makes the game seem clunky too.

I also haven't noticed an increase in constructible items (such as bricks) and expansion parts despite doing quite a few delivers (probably about 20 with absolutely nothing in return except for a sorry bit of coins). I've been waiting on bricks for weeks now so I can finish the mine and its seriously getting tedious. I've only kept the game around in the hopes of improvement since its new.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast