Thread: Feedback: Android practical discussion

Lightbulb Feedback: Android practical discussion

Good day time to all of you.

I'm starting this thread in hope to be answered.
    There's no need to refer to other threads, I've read them.

First of all, you don't really answer any of questions of Android users, summing up the common things very inaccurate.
    I don't want to say anything rude, but,really, 4 big threads about parity, ~75-110 pages per thread, and not a single answer to anyone? No wonder this threads became chatting between angry users.

I'm not just a simple consumer (user). When I see something like "there are too many devices to develop for", certain questions pop up in my head:
    1. What is the series of devices on Android OS you develop for? I mean the real models, OS versions, etc.
    2. How do you get this information about characteristics of devices you develop for?
    3. What characteristics should device have to run Dragon Story properly? And the final: if you know theese characteristics, you certainly have some to-do plan like "we will add a new island ans it'll be OK for the memory".

This is sort of, you know.. If you have some features to realise, you surely figure out how much memory will it take, etc. It cuts out some devices, in this case ? even a lot of.

I just want a clear answers because it is REALLY frustrating to see new things iOS users get when we don't even have a craft portal.
    What is a craft portal indeed? It is some dialogue boxes with some request functions I suppose, and you sure do have some patterns of this, both code and design. Or is adding a Ruby Dragon, for example, is tough? Why we can buy it then?

So, comparing it with not a enormously big line of devices and with really big ammount of people who work for TeamLava... And the fact that you are a big prosperous company ? and you don't even set a deadline?

Ok, not even a deadline ? do you have any plans on developing for Android OS?
    Don't feed me with those ? "we have prior games". With "we summed up..".

Lots of DS gamers will be really happy to know about the information I request from you now. If you honestly will tell me "we don't think that developing Dragon Story for Android OS is worthy", I will understand.

P.S. I looked the update themes on forum, but that is not enough, is it?
    Why don't you make some themes like "2014, the 15th May: Craft portals will be available for Android users". Or Android audience is too small to be considered?

Sincerely, your player.

and if it so hard too make the dragon album then why why why is the collections on pet shop story on android. and why is storeage available in it and bs and rs and zs.

Quote Originally Posted by RiverJen View Post
    1. What is the series of devices on Android OS you develop for? I mean the real models, OS versions, etc.
    Very relevant questions, and "need to know" information.
    I would think TL would be able to design something too. At the very least be able to run efficiently on the latest android operating system.

The answers to those questions, could be helpful to anyone looking to get a new android device.

We've all heard in the forums already that there are too many different android operating systems. It is understandable to not have all the features of DS on an older android OS.

BUT, there are a lot of android users who like to stay up to date and keep the latest running OS. And given the performance of the latest Droid devices,over IOS, there should be no excuse why there is such a huge gap in game parity.

"Android users are tired of getting the run around the questions"
    I've read this time and time again in these forums, me too!

What I think they should do is just be honest about the phones that aren't powerful enough to run dragon story. so only people with powerful enough devices can download DS in the first place. I remember one of my friends wanted to download a game, but it didn't even show up in her google play because I guess her phone wouldn't been able to run it. can't TL do something like that so that they can develop for the devices that can run the game with all its features, and just not bother with phones that can barely run the game without any of the IOS updates in the first place (like my HTC Shift for instance) you could put a notice in all the android games so that every time they open the game (for say a month) it says "Soon Dragon Story will no longer be playable on certain android devices, please visit the Dragon Story forums to find if you phone might be one of them." (with a link to the thread) then just list all the phones that DS will no longer be playable on in the thread.

Fashion Designer
    I'm using a htc one X+ which was one of the best htc phones when in the market when I purchased my device.. now I still crash when visiting heavily decorated islands. Can't imagine what happens if we have full parity. I think lots of people won't be able to play because their device capabilities wouldn't meet the requirement..

The Honorable Panda
    Please continue your discussion on the current Feedback: Android parity thread.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request