Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions Discussions on Neighbors

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hmgdanielson View Post
    Castle Story etiquette is certainly different from the other games. Most of my neighbors don't visit and get hearts. I don't think I've had someone write on my wall for months.

I think the biggest reason is that there's no discernible effect of tapping a heart... In BS, you leave a tip. It's money. There's a little icon of money on the table. When you log into your game, you can see the full tables and clear them off.

In CS, you make a building sparkle... I know that there are some people on the forums who are bothered by stuff like the sparkling storage building, but I have to be perfectly honest... I don't even notice the sparkles unless I'm specifically looking for them. I've been playing this game almost since it came out, and I have no clue how much more you collect from a sparkling thing. Of my 113 neighbors, 79 of them have no hearts at all. None of my neighbors have four hearts; most of them have only one or two. Because there's no immediate reinforcement of what a heart does, their importance is considerably smaller than tips in BS.
    You've been playing this long and not noticed what you get from collecting sparkes?? It works just like it does in City Story Metro.

It's quite simply a 20% bonus in coins and an extra XP. So for example, a level 1 windmill you go from 760 to 912 coins (a bonus 152), a level 1 theatre goes from 1040 to 1248 (a bonus 208) and a level 2 cathedral goes from 1785 to 2142 (a bonus 357). If you do get sparkes often it is worthwhile to have high yield buildings on display for the extra bonus coins, as buildings like lvl1 farmhouses (14 bonus) and lvl 1 cottages (44 bonus) are a bit of a waste.

The bonus on crafting buildings is low, i think maybe just 20 coins and an extra XP.

Personally, I like to see messages from neighbors on my wall. My problem is that it takes me forever to type a message on my phone, so I very rarely leave messages for others. I always worry that people will think I'm antisocial and not a good neighbor, but I just don't have the time to write on everyone's wall. There are a few players that I communicate with daily on another forum since I can type a lengthy response on the computer in the time it takes me to type "have a good day" on my phone.

I'm not sure how well it's working, but I do visit everyone once a day (sometimes twice) and send gifts to my gifting circle. I also do my best to stay at 4 hearts so that people can see I am active even if they didn't have any hearts for me to collect.

Fashion Designer

Thumbs up Neighbor Talk: How many? Strategy? Booting? Do share...

I'm curious, and since we can't get see basic profile information on other players in-game, thought I'd ask here:

How many neighbors do you have?

What is your neighboring strategy when it comes to how many you'll have, your goal for neighbors, who you boot, when you boot, and your take on accepting newbie players into your neighborhood?

Also, do you try to visit all your neighbors or instead keep posts from faves on your wall for easy visits?

I personally would love to see a create list option in our neighbors so we could group our neighbors, like Fave Friends, Newbies, Forum Buds, etc.

Farm Supplier
    How do I find messages? I have left messages on my two alternate accounts but when I play those accounts I do not see the messages I've sent. If I knew my messages could be read I'd be more apt to leave them. Especially when I see a nice design.
    The sparkling buildings will give 2 xp's instead of one, very helpful for those still leveling up. Not sure of the benefit for level 30 players. I've read that when there is a level upgrade all accumulate xp's will allow for auto leveling. Avonalliv.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't have a huge number compared to some - 66 atm. I keep it low deliberately as I visit them all every day, and wouldn't have time to visit more. Some I chat to, others not. Most of my neighbours now are level 30 like myself, but when I started I tried to have a good mix of levels. I go through the list about once a month, and if I suspect someone is no longer playing (crops not harvested, a monster in the same place several days running, no obvious activity etc) I leave a message asking them to visit if they ARE still playing. After a week I remove anyone who hasn't responded. At the moment I'm turning down neighbour requests; I don't like doing it, but I always visit and explain I'm not taking on more neighbours as I couldn't cope with any more visits. My partner already says I spend far too long playing! ��

Farm Supplier
    Well I've just figured out how to find my messages! And shame on me, I had several very nice ones to respond to!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hmgdanielson View Post
    Castle Story etiquette is certainly different from the other games. Most of my neighbors don't visit and get hearts. I don't think I've had someone write on my wall for months.

I think the biggest reason is that there's no discernible effect of tapping a heart... In BS, you leave a tip. It's money. There's a little icon of money on the table. When you log into your game, you can see the full tables and clear them off.

In CS, you make a building sparkle... I know that there are some people on the forums who are bothered by stuff like the sparkling storage building, but I have to be perfectly honest... I don't even notice the sparkles unless I'm specifically looking for them. I've been playing this game almost since it came out, and I have no clue how much more you collect from a sparkling thing. Of my 113 neighbors, 79 of them have no hearts at all. None of my neighbors have four hearts; most of them have only one or two. Because there's no immediate reinforcement of what a heart does, their importance is considerably smaller than tips in BS.
    well, maybe no visible effect. But you add 20% to the yield of the coin/resource building when you click the hearts (awesome!) and your neighbour also gets an extra experience point when collecting.
    The benefits to yourself is up to 10 extra energy for visiting neighbours, but with wizard school and trades, fewer people have urgent need for more energy.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by jtm101 View Post
    You've been playing this long and not noticed what you get from collecting sparkes?? It works just like it does in City Story Metro.
    Oh. I know you get more coins and XP, but I've never paid attention to how much - it's never been particularly important how much, either. I also don't play City Story Metro.

Quote Originally Posted by shambalaya View Post
    The benefits to yourself is up to 10 extra energy for visiting neighbours, but with wizard school and trades, fewer people have urgent need for more energy.
    Yeah. I have an alicorn and I don't use it very often - maybe once a month. It doens't help that when I visit my neighbors, my game has a tendency to crash a lot. :|

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Gardienn View Post
    I'm curious, and since we can't get see basic profile information on other players in-game, thought I'd ask here:

How many neighbors do you have?

What is your neighboring strategy when it comes to how many you'll have, your goal for neighbors, who you boot, when you boot, and your take on accepting newbie players into your neighborhood?

Also, do you try to visit all your neighbors or instead keep posts from faves on your wall for easy visits?

I personally would love to see a create list option in our neighbors so we could group our neighbors, like Fave Friends, Newbies, Forum Buds, etc.
    I have 91 neighbor ...wow...(and I have edited out a few for not playing.)
    I have had more maybe 105 or so but some have stopped playing and I have removed them from my hood.
    2 of my neighbors have straight up told my they were leaving the game ...cleaned out their kingdom, posted goodbye and thanks on my wall.

I visit all my neighbors a least four times a week and my faves everyday and if I am in a discussion with one, I visit more ....that number is maybe 25.
    I accept new neighbors but watch them close, as new people sometimes will play a week or so, then quit. After a couple weeks of no activity I post on their wall, after a couple weeks of no answer I edit them out.

I do leave a row of hearts, or a broken heart ...to show how many I find in a kingdom, if I have not heard from them or its a neighbor I do not write on their wall often. Kinda to say hey .....and / or to let me know when my last visit was and if there was hearts.
    I only want active players and I think a way to group neighbors would be great, not only in CS but BS and other TL games I'm sure.
    I am luck to have really great group of neighbor, so this system works for us!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by nan0165 View Post
    I have 91 neighbor ...wow...(and I have edited out a few for not playing.)
    I have had more maybe 105 or so but some have stopped playing and I have removed them from my hood.
    2 of my neighbors have straight up told my they were leaving the game ...cleaned out their kingdom, posted goodbye and thanks on my wall.

I visit all my neighbors a least four times a week and my faves everyday and if I am in a discussion with one, I visit more ....that number is maybe 25.
    I accept new neighbors but watch them close, as new people sometimes will play a week or so, then quit. After a couple weeks of no activity I post on their wall, after a couple weeks of no answer I edit them out.

I do leave a row of hearts, or a broken heart ...to show how many I find in a kingdom, if I have not heard from them or its a neighbor I do not write on their wall often. Kinda to say hey .....and / or to let me know when my last visit was and if there was hearts.
    I only want active players and I think a way to group neighbors would be great, not only in CS but BS and other TL games I'm sure.
    I am luck to have really great group of neighbor, so this system works for us!
    I like your idea for checking if players are active. At over 200 neighbors, I need to go through again. Someone else mentioned logging royal points and level for each neighbor in a spreadsheet and checking for any change a month later, but that's too labor intensive for me. Your method is much simpler.

I like to help out new players, but want to make sure people are playing. I do try to visit my whole list when I can. It used to be once a week but that was when I had in the hundred range. I'd love to be able to group my neighbors so I could manage them better. I can't imagine having close to 2000 like some crazy cat around here.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast