Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions Discussions on Neighbors

Farm Supplier

Thumbs up Questions Discussions on Neighbors

As the title suggests I'm a bit concerned that I'm bothering my neighbours. I found this game through BS which I love but in that game I ALWAYS write on my neighbours walls when I tip them and they seem to appreciate/reciprocate the gesture. However in CS I just went through looking for hearts to pop and noticed that I seem to be the only person writing on my neighbours walls!! Should I not bother leaving a message that I visited? Is it just the neighbours I have or should I just pop the hearts and not write anything?! A few of them write/visit back but not a lot....do I just need new neighbours or am I doing something wrong..help!!!

Executive Chef
    I can't speak for anyone else, but I love it when people write on my wall. And, I rarely write anything on other peeps walls, and most of my neighbors don't write anything on mine. I do notice that some neighbor "groups" are very chatty, and others aren't, so I think you're safe to do what you like!

Right. Some people like it, others don't. This game has a huge fan base and players from all over so preferences vary. Basically, do as you like.

Personally, friendly neighbors are great but I don't have the temperament for long back and forth chats. The neighbors I've got seem to know and accept that. I do enjoy short notes, though! Some of my neighbors even leave tips for gameplay- awesomely awesome! Or funny jokes- Momo, Lark's Nest I'm talkin bout you.

Rhino Keeper
    I think everyone ends up with a mix of neighbours, and you treat them accordingly. Some of my neighbours have been with me from the beginning yet I never exchange messages, with others I have great conversations! You'll soon work out who likes what from whether or not you get a response, and what they write.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by bowlfullofcherries View Post
    Right. Some people like it, others don't. This game has a huge fan base and players from all over so preferences vary. Basically, do as you like.

Personally, friendly neighbors are great but I don't have the temperament for long back and forth chats. The neighbors I've got seem to know and accept that. I do enjoy short notes, though! Some of my neighbors even leave tips for gameplay- awesomely awesome! Or funny jokes- Momo, Lark's Nest I'm talkin bout you.
    Cherries, you are a great neighbor - short, helpful, funny or casually friendly ... it's all good. I'm not much for lengthy chats either. ~~~ CottageRose @ Lark's Nest

Rhino Keeper
    I came over from Farm Story and a lot of the peeps on there are talkative.
    I started like you, commenting on all walls. Now I just have a few that write on mine so those are the ones I leave comments for. I still visit everyone though. (need that energy!!!)
    If you are looking for a more social experience keep an eye out for the friendlier people in other walls and maybe try to be their neighbor.

Fashion Designer
    I dont normally go around writing in people's walls, UNLESS they ask me something, then I go and answer in their own board, granted, I have too many neighbors that Im more likely to visit those who put something my wall and normally stop when I get 10 energy per day

Also I tend to delete people who just put "x5 heart" or something of that nature in my wall, I just see it as spam

Rhino Keeper
    Castle Story etiquette is certainly different from the other games. Most of my neighbors don't visit and get hearts. I don't think I've had someone write on my wall for months.

I think the biggest reason is that there's no discernible effect of tapping a heart... In BS, you leave a tip. It's money. There's a little icon of money on the table. When you log into your game, you can see the full tables and clear them off.

In CS, you make a building sparkle... I know that there are some people on the forums who are bothered by stuff like the sparkling storage building, but I have to be perfectly honest... I don't even notice the sparkles unless I'm specifically looking for them. I've been playing this game almost since it came out, and I have no clue how much more you collect from a sparkling thing. Of my 113 neighbors, 79 of them have no hearts at all. None of my neighbors have four hearts; most of them have only one or two. Because there's no immediate reinforcement of what a heart does, their importance is considerably smaller than tips in BS.

Fashion Designer
    I like it when people post stuff on my wall. But most of the time they just say tip 5 or full. Wish they say more...lol...

Farm Supplier
    Thank you all so much. I'm much more enlightened now. Think I will just write on the walls of people who write on mine and visit the rest (yes,need that energy too lol) but not write anything. Yes I think I've been playing BS to long where the whole tipping thing can be quite important...I'm finding CS and its players more laid back which is a nice change lol Thanks again

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast