Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Questions Discussions on Neighbors

Farm Supplier
    The sparkling buildings give you something like 20% more coins, I believe (if my math is correct). I've spent a long time watching it and that's what I've figured out.

Rhino Keeper
    Yes, it's 20 % more coins and you get 2 XP instead of one.

The Honorable Panda
    Lets keep this thread on topic of discussing neighbors.
    Thanks
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

After reading through this I decided to take a closer look at my neighbors. I have 36 and more than half of them have zero hearts showing at all even though it's clear that they are playing the game since I've noted changes in their kingdoms. I visit each and every one of them every day and tap hearts in their kingdoms. I'm now kind of frustrated that they aren't returning the favor and have decided to start getting rid of some of them. Here's the thing - every single one of them asked ME to add THEM as neighbors (except one, but she was my only request). Why ask people to be your neighbor if you're not interested in actually helping out? Time to shorten the list!

Rhino Keeper
    I'm not too fuzzed. I don't care that much if I get visited or not. Personally I do try and visit my neighbours daily, but rarely write on their walls. Clicking hearts triggers a message about my visit, so they know anyway that I was there. Unless they were no hearts of course. What my neighbours do is up to them.

But I do care about requests and might follow the advice mentioned in this thread about keeping track and might delete inactive neighbours. Not because I'm mad or something like that. But seen that there are only 20 requests sent out per day, inactive (former) players might cause delay. I'll have a think about it before I delete anyone ...lol.

Executive Chef
    I also don't care (anymore) if folks visit me or not. It's nice, but lots of other people actually have a life and don't have time for that. I did a huge clean out of neighbors recently, and it feels so great! It makes requests really easy. Here's what I look for when thinking about deleting:

1. What is their heart rating?
    2. Do they have recent items, like the respite or sapling?
    3. What does their wall look like? Are there any clues?
    4. Have they ever visited me?
    5. What level are they? Has that level been the same for a long time?
    6. I post on their wall, asking if they're still playing. If they don't answer, and I can be reasonably sure from the prior info they're not playing, out they go!

I went from 140 neighbors to 50, and I haven't regretted it. My heart rating stays at 4, visiting everyone only takes about 10 minutes, so I can do it every day.

Hope this helps!

Rhino Keeper
    Posting on their wall and asking is actually a real good idea. Thanks for that advice

Executive Chef
    Yes I try and keep my neighbours below 100 and I try to visit maybe half daily. I recently deleted a lot a little willy-nilly but they were all still level 30 or below. The level 30 ones looked like they'd not logged into the game since the level increase and the ones below generally looked like they'd abandoned the game. So they went. I may have made a mistake, but never mind... I do have lots of neighbours with 0 hearts that are active, and I don't mind that.

Rhino Keeper
    I have 86 neighbors and I know some of them aren't playing, especially the small ones that never seem to level or change. I don't write on walls but I do visit everyday and have a small group of regulars to gift exchange with. I do read what others leave and will try to supply any requested gifts but unless there is a question or an especially nice comment I don't reply. Yes, I am using some of them for XP, energy, & coin but it's fun to zip through the list, see if anything is new. I have one neighbor with 7 gold obelisks and another with a whole herd of alicorns!

And when I get back to my own kingdom I have a few more energy

I'm not that bothered about neighbors leaving messages or even visiting. And you can only send three gifts a day (is that still the case?), so you can hardly blame a neighbor who never gifts you. So long as they return requests when asked is about my only criteria. Every couple of months I make a note of who returns my requests and give any non-responders a couple of chances and then delete them. I only have about 30 neighbors, but there are only a few quests where you need items. Not like some other games where you need to request materials every time you build something.
    Debra (ID=smallclimber)

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast