Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Mine

Fashion Designer
    here's how it looks when you go to mine:

then you get several chances to dig, and you can see approximately how many digs you have left according to the blue progress bar.

i forgot to take a picture of the end result, but you'll see the type of rock you find. the areas that you dig will remain on the board as holes or whatever you found, so when you continue to another spot, you won't dig the exact same spots. on my 1st try, i dug up one gold and one iron. there is also silver... not sure what else.
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

You know after trying out the mine, I really hate it! The too far and near is super annoying and I wasted so many pickaxes trying to dig out something useful.

My mine will be in idle mode again. Argh!

Rhino Keeper
    Agree! Not only is very hard to find the tools u want, u have to search at the mine for one piece and most of the times u just have to be lucky!!!!
    Just not worth it.
    As an idea is very good, but we need more tools.

What's the point of building the jewelsmith when I can't craft anything. You risk losing your precious pickaxe/shovel in order to get some iron/gold. And the chances of getting something back is so slim.

Fashion Designer
    I don't think I will expand to the mine till they change the drop rate (or I won't expand there at all) I NEVER come across a pickaxe or shovel, and don't get them anymore from deliveries, so what's the rush to get to the mine?

Executive Chef
    Just tried out my mine and have to say it kind of sucks. Wasted two maybe three pick axes and got one iron. On my second pick ax, my first try was close so I did a systematic grid like it suggested here, used up all my tries and got nothing. How can I be close and not get anything? Any suggestions?

Also since I expanded, although I didn't have it built, 90% of all my orders include mine items and jewelry (which I don't have). Last night had to delete all orders over and over. So my farm has come to a slow crawl as I keep maxing on my barn with items I can't send out due to a lack of orders that don't include mine items. I wonder if TL could fix it so we don't have orders unless we have the buildings to craft items. Also, if pick axes are a rare drop and it takes 3 to get one iron, how are we able to get enough supplies to fill orders? Especially multiple orders? The newspaper is not helpful with some items.

Don't know if it is just a lucky day but I just got 3 pickaxes, a shovel and a map in the last 15 minutes of sending out deliveries! So now I have some mining tools. I only just got my mine this morning so I hope it isn't as disappointing as some have said.

Quote Originally Posted by pipipooh1977 View Post
    I don't think I will expand to the mine till they change the drop rate (or I won't expand there at all) I NEVER come across a pickaxe or shovel, and don't get them anymore from deliveries, so what's the rush to get to the mine?

Rhino Keeper
    I found that the drop rate for axes and shovels dramatically increased when I got the mine and I also found I have only walked away empty handed maybe twice of dozens of mine attempts. Many times I have found multiple items at once. Several rubies and gold. Got a paint can moments ago. It really isn't as bad as you think if you figure it out and work a big grid or circle like I do.

I seem to have hit a long long dry spell here. No axes no shovels no gold. Seriously a bummer since the train is asking for nine gold nuggets for the second day in a row.

Fashion Designer
    Well, I finally got the mine open. I had 17 pick axes.....got several hits but not 1 shovel, or other tool! I used all 17 pick axes....nothing but rocks, 1 gem and a ruby! I NEED SHOVELS!!!!!! And maps!!!!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast