Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Mine

Host(ess)

The Mine

Does anyone have any suggestions or hints on how to find the items easier in the mine? I've looked at the guide map and know get the general idea, but even when I get a "very close" sign sometimes it takes another three or so digs to locate it or sometimes I don't find it at all and I've used a tool for nothing. With picks and shovels hard to come by I would appreciate any suggestions!
    Thanks!

Edit(KP) Here is the last expansion requirements for the mine

Edit(AW) just expanded to the mine and here are the requirements:

5 hammers, 5 bricks, and 5 wood planks
    and it takes 22 hours to complete. it also unlocks the Jewelsmith which costs 21,000 coins
    Last edited by aileeniweeni; 09-18-13 at 12:02 PM.

Fashion Designer
    You need to use a bit of strategy and a bit of luck to get items in the mine. I start by laying out a grid, spaced out maybe 2 from the edge and 3 spots from each other. Then if i get a 'very close' something is 1 spot away (left, right, up, down or diagonals. A 'near' is 2 spots away, so try two away and hope you get a very close or lucky. Then the 'too far?' is just a miss, try at least 3 spots away. Another thing to remember is if you do get an item, there may be another right next to it, so if you're keen try next to it and you may get another or have one near by again.

I am a huge fan of farm story 2 and other TL games but I am finding the mine incredibly frustrating. Picks and shovels are hard to come by and only last 8 shots in the mine. Why can't TL add hotspots to the mine similar to the fishing pond?
    Also permits, land deeds and paint seem to be impossible to get. Just did 15 deliveries and got a shovel and pick, no permits. Now sitting on double the amount of old maps to the other 2 required to expand and have also been waiting for paint to expand the barn capacity. I am fairly patient but am fast losing interest in the game......

Quote Originally Posted by stormmbabe View Post
    Does anyone have any suggestions or hints on how to find the items easier in the mine? I've looked at the guide map and know get the general idea, but even when I get a "very close" sign sometimes it takes another three or so digs to locate it or sometimes I don't find it at all and I've used a tool for nothing. With picks and shovels hard to come by I would appreciate any suggestions!
    Thanks!
    When I see the"very close" pop up I start tapping in different directions from that spot to try and narrow down where it is. Once you do it enough times you'll find yourself a pattern to use.
    Need help? Contact TeamLava customer support at support@teamlava.com
    Find a bug? Report it here!
    Got a new device? Transfer your games here! If that doesn't work go here to transfer your games!
    Have Facebook or Twitter? LIKE and FOLLOW us here!
    Terms of Service: https://www.storm8.com/terms

I've never found a red ruby or seen any for sale ? Has anyone else ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GhettoRanch View Post
    I've never found a red ruby or seen any for sale ? Has anyone else ?
    I've gotten one from Stormie and by going around the community. Out of using my last ten parts from mining I got about four pieces. That's an awful lot of fails. It's annoying. I'm starting to resent how slow the game is, based on the rarity of getting certain items. Be it from sales or our own method.

Fashion Designer
    I have some additional tips. Not sure if this is because the functuinality of the Mine has changed, or i just noticed this behaviour today.

After finding an object in the Mine, the next object can be anywhere. By this i mean it could be right next to a spot that previously stated 'too far'. So if you get 1 object, i think a good way of getting another is by looking near your previous digs. Say you get lucky on these and get a 'very close', it becomes easier to get the 2nd object as you already know it cant be in the spot you have already dug. So, rather than 8 possible locations, you have knocked it down to 7. If you're clever you can take full advantage of these hints and a couple of times i got it down to 2 possible locations, due to the fact that most of the possible spots were already knocked out.

Executive Chef
    I can't even find expansion permits. So I will forget about the mine. I think it's pointless to buy the Forge if I can't reach the Mine.

Banned
    What happened to Stormie's shop?!

I have an order to go in the train. All ready to go except I need 8 gold/ silver rings and 11 lumps of silver. Given the probability of getting gold and silver in the mine this is impossible to achieve in the timeframe. I don't mind working to achieve the goals but please make it possible TL instead of impossible! On the upside picks are more plentiful with deliveries but mining is still no easier. Please offer hotspots in the mine similar to the fishing pond to give better odds of achieving in the game.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast