Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Biggest and Most Content-Rich Update EVER! -- Speculate Here [iOS]

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by peteparcon View Post
    For the sake of the android players (if they're still planning to continue playing), just let this thread die.

:-)
    Why? We all chose the device we have because we like the device, not for this game. So we should be happy with our choice.

IOS should be able to talk about releases as much as Android/Kindle can talk about no releases.

Personally, I don't want a release, big or otherwise. Not right now. I have so many dragons to catch up on and more stuff is just going to get in the way.

Oh, but there is one thing TL can do. >>>>increase the chances of getting dragons, all dragons, not just common or rare. I know they are super and ultra rare, but please.<<< and this would be for all devices.

Executive Chef
    Oh, wait, one more thing I'd like if we do get this release. ANOTHER ISLAND PLEASE.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by moostermine View Post
    Well, this pretty much bites! Sorry TL, I realize all of you have been working very hard on this and want everyone to be as excited and happy to get it, as you are to release it....
    .....but, I think, if it's as wonderful and terrific as we are led to believe AND it isn't released to everybody.... iOS players had better start preparing themselves to say goodbye to their long standing friends and nbrs on non iOS islands. There are a growing number for whom this will be the last straw.....it makes me sad to say....but I will miss you my friends.....
    I'm one of the Androids who will be leaving when the "Big" update with so much in it for just IOS.

Fashion Designer
    I'm just wondering why we can't get an update on the parity and where it stands. At this point we really deserve an explanation. A "We are unable to discuss parity at this point" is really not going to cut it.

There's an Android/iOS parity thread for people who want to comment on that long painful issue. This isn't that.
    There's a Suggestions thread for people to say what they'd like to see in the game. This isn't that. Not quite, anyway.
    The idea for this thread was to see whether we could make EDUCATED guesses to what TL has in store for their biggest update ever. That's why it's useful to add statements that TL staff members have made elsewhere about this update. (If you tap the double arrows to the right of a person's name who is being quoted in a bubble, it will take you to the full original quote in its original place.)
    But that's just one set of clues. Let's watch for signs or changes in the game that may give us further hints. Let's also consider long-standing wishes and features that various players have repeatedly suggested; or current features that aren't quite living up to expectation.

Banned
    You guys are going to have a new island and a second breeding den. On the new island will be a race track where you'll be able to win gold.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by hamadrys View Post
    You guys are going to have a new island and a second breeding den. On the new island will be a race track where you'll be able to win gold.
    Probably all of that, and maybe more. Biggest feature update ever, bigger than all features released... probably a massive amount of decorations, new crafting recipes, large diamond habitats and legendary class dragons.

Let's recap. Our last "big surprise" (which unfortunately fell short of many players' expectations) saw a transformation of gemstone dragons into hybrids of a new element, making them breedable on Android islands and both breedable and craftable on iOS islands.
    The next change I noticed was the temporary week-long return of some previously retired dragons, giving players another shot at dragons we thought were gone forever. (While hashing out a theory on gemstone "twinkling" I had toyed with the idea of a wormhole in the Trading Portal that would allow us to occasionally pull retired dragons back from the dragon realm. Hmmm...)
    Alongside that was the rollout of the Ethereal tournament to all islands with a functioning arena. That's where progress hit the wall. While the beta versions of the tournament mini-game had a glitch here and there, this release hit the wall and had to be quickly shut down. It was during the first shut-down of the iOS-wide tournament that we first got word of the great August update. In fact, it was PART of the shut-down message. TL has not managed to successfully restart that tournament, which is now "on ice." But could tournaments for all have been a herald of things to come?
    Prism, the first diamond hybrid since Helios, made its debut today. Will diamonds be changing their breeding patterns again?
    Social dragon appears to be ... shy. Here but not here. Not quite ready. Will Social be the first of the universally accepted dragons that can live wherever you want to put them? There has to be more. Much more.
    But what could be more than all features combined? That seems to point to a new place on our islands, or a new off-island dimension, where we could do things we only dreamed of before.

I just hope the thing will be able to run on my iPhone4. How much content can they pack in and not have it crawl, lag and crash to the point of being unplayable?

Quote Originally Posted by hamadrys View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    Probably all of that, and maybe more. Biggest feature update ever, bigger than all features released... probably a massive amount of decorations, new crafting recipes, large diamond habitats and legendary class dragons.
    Ah, yes. Yikes! Those supra-epic arena dragons they told us were there just for added challenge (like we needed it). What if epic is no longer the final form of our dragons? I'm NOT looking forward to feeding those high-maintenance lizards beyond level 10! What if we got a race track and only supra-epic (legendary) dragon can compete for gold?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast