Thread: missing neighbors since Kindle Fire update

New Resident

missing neighbors since Kindle Fire update

I updated my Dragon Story for the Kindle Fire earlier this month. I've recently noticed that I am unable to "gift back" to some of my neighbors (the button is grayed out, but I am able to accept their gift). When I go to my neighbors list, that neighbor was no longer there. However, if I use the "visit" button when they visit me, I can visit back & play with 6 dragons. The gift button is also not available when I visit their island.

Is there a limit to the number of neighbors I can have? Maybe once I reached the limit, neighbors are being deleted randomly? It seems some of my earliest/oldest neighbors are the ones missing.

I asked one neighbor who disappeared from my list to delete me and re-invite me, but I don't know if they will & if that will work. Obviously, I can't post that request to neighbors who are already missing and didn't visit me recently.

New Resident
    Quote Originally Posted by jambajr View Post
    I updated my Dragon Story for the Kindle Fire earlier this month. I've recently noticed that I am unable to "gift back" to some of my neighbors (the button is grayed out, but I am able to accept their gift). When I go to my neighbors list, that neighbor was no longer there. However, if I use the "visit" button when they visit me, I can visit back & play with 6 dragons. The gift button is also not available when I visit their island.

Is there a limit to the number of neighbors I can have? Maybe once I reached the limit, neighbors are being deleted randomly? It seems some of my earliest/oldest neighbors are the ones missing.

I asked one neighbor who disappeared from my list to delete me and re-invite me, but I don't know if they will & if that will work. Obviously, I can't post that request to neighbors who are already missing and didn't visit me recently.
    I'm missing even more neighbors now. I usually only notice a neighbor is missing when I cannot use the "gift" gold button for them (if they sent me gold recently). The button is grayed out. When I go to my neighbors list, they are not anywhere on the list. However, I can use the "visit" button if they gifted me gold or visited me recently. I just cannot visit them otherwise or send them gold. I am able to play with 6 dragons and get the neighbor notification when I visit them.

As I posted previously, I asked 2 of my missing neighbors (that I caught in time) to delete me and re-invite me. I did not get any new neighbor requests from them, but they did show back up on my list list by the next day. Then, I was able to send them gold.

I'm on Kindle Fire...

New Resident
    Kindle fire
    Dragon story 1.0.7.4

I know this was posted quite a while ago but I didn't want to start a new thread for an already existing issue.

I am on an iPhone5

My members are disappearing much like the person before me posted before however it seems that there is no correlation to the status of the neighbor or the length of time they have been my neighbor.

I would like to know if there is a limit to the number of neighbors that we can have. My game doesn't seem "buggy" at all. Knock on wood! If a Team Lava member could jump in here it would be great.

I really enjoy the game but one of the members that disapeared was my grand daughter who had just signed up. It was just a little frustrating. I get several gold per day and am adiment about returning it and when I can't that too frustrates me because some give me gold regularly.

Thanks for what ever help you can provide.

Is there anyone from Team Lava that could answer my questions here? A mod who may have some idea? I know there has been someone here answering questions, am I not important enough to get some kind of a reply?

In real life I run a forum for a living and I would never leave a member hanging without at least some kind of a response even if I didn't have an answer to their question. I know that the 20,000 members that I have is probably a drop in the bucket compared to the number of members that you have but each one is important and they are all looking for answers when they come here. In their eyes this as the official Dragon Story forum is "the" place to go to get a answers, from the all knowing people, and the only place they have to turn.

The Honorable Panda
    I have not seen any other players with the issue of disappearing neighbors. Have you tried to add your granddaughter back?
    You can only have 2000 neighbors per game, but if you reach your limit, your neighbors do not disappear, you just cannot add any more.

Are you sure that these disappearing neighbors did not accidentally delete you?

If you are sure neighbors are disappearing, send an email to support@teamlava.com so they can check you game.

Also please note, that sometimes threads can be missed by the community managers and moderators. If your post has been missed you can send an PM to a CM or Mod.
    View Forum Leaders
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Thank you for your reply, I appreciate your time very much. I just took the time to count my nbrs in my list and is shows 403, now I may have miscounted by 1 or 2 so it may be 405 or 400 but it is definitely not 200 and by looking at my profile screen capture it clearly shows 674.

I am not trying to be argumentitive or aggressive, I know the typed word is hard to get a feel for but if we are only allowed 200 why should the game allow more than that? I am not the only one with several hundreds of nbrs far exceeding 200.

Frankly 600 + is too many and I am slowly deleting the ones who don't participate, but I would like to choose who stays and who goes.

And last, I posted this here and not in the main board because I thought it would be better to try and get an answer to the possible cause. I imagine there are several people who have the issues I am having but don't bother to say anything. If you think that a broader group of participants in this thread would make it easier to figure out what is going on. ( oem, number of nbrs etc) I could start a thread to see if there is anyone else having the issue.

Thank you sooo much for replying to me,
    Mother Nature
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	9 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	9957  

New Resident
    I was the one who posted this originally. I have not noticed any more missing neighbors, but I am sure that my missing neighbors did not accidently (or purposefully) delete me. They had just sent me gold earlier that day, which I could not return. I used the "visit" button from their gold gift, and was not able to gift gold from their island either. I did get the neighbor pop-up and played with 6 dragons. When I checked my neighbor list, they were no longer on the list. I did post on their wall to delete me and then re-invite me, and within a few hours, they were showing back up on my list (though I never received a new invite to accept). This seems to be the best course of action. I don't know why they went missing in the first place, but I associated it with the game update for Kindle since I noticed the problem shortly after updating the game.

That is exactly what is happening with me and how I came to realize that there was something going on to start with. I have more than one neighbor that has gifted me that when I visit them through their gold gift that I can not gift back and they are no longer on my nbr list. I too am still getting the pop up for visiting a neighbor and am a le to play six on their island.

I will try to get them to re-add me to see if that will fix the issue. But because the only time I can communicate with them is if they gift or ask for maps it is difficult.

I don't remember if this was going on before the ice age update or not. I would have to say not. That was my first game update.