Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Burning Ember

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by doublescream View Post
    I have a question: can you get a second burning ember before you get a second dragon egg?
    I wanted to repost doublescream's question since I could not find the answer.

I have hatched my first dragon and, of course, now patiently await enough dragon scales to continue on down the Glimmergate Quest line. I am considering purchasing a Mithril Dragon egg with gems which I'm hoping will fill two needs, scales and mithril. However, I wanted to know if I keep sending my knights to Traverse the Desert Sands, will they pick up another burning ember even if I haven't purchased the egg yet?
    Last edited by LiquidSnob; 11-04-14 at 09:16 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by LiquidSnob View Post

I have hatched my first dragon and, of course, now patiently await enough dragon scales to continue on down the Glimmergate Quest line. I am considering purchasing a Mithril Dragon egg with gems which I'm hoping will fill two needs, scales and mithril. However, I wanted to know if I keep sending my knights to Traverse the Desert Sands, will they pick up another burning ember even if I haven't purchased the egg yet?

I am sure I have seen people post that they have burning embers but no eggs.

I would definitely recommend buying the mithril dragon to get scales and mithril.
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

Executive Chef

You buy a baby mithral dragon, so you don't need the burning ember.

Host(ess)
    Thank you both. Since, I don't have to hatch the mithril dragon, that might make the choice even clearer. This just feels like I am making such a big purchase. I'm hoping the dragon will be worth it and that I won't need these gems for something else in the near future.

Executive Chef
    Someone else mentioned in my own post about gem purchases that they regretted the Mithril Dragon purchase.

Executive Chef
    The mithril dragon is one of those purchases, that at the point of the game when you really need it, it makes life so much less stressful, knowing you have a regular source of mithril and not having to rely upon random drops. However, once through that stage of the game, you'll gradually max out on mithril and stop collecting from the dragon.

if i get over 90 mithril i forge two adamant...
    *** Thuaki Sword Society ***
    Northern Lord of War and Thuaki-Man-At-Arms weaponed with Barbarianbattleaxe #01 and Longsword #18
    Paladin and Lover of Cupperbuts evil Sisters

S8, take away the Cap from Decorations and Animals

Executive Chef
    Thank you both. Since, I don't have to hatch the mithril dragon, that might make the choice even clearer. This just feels like I am making such a big purchase. I'm hoping the dragon will be worth it and that I won't need these gems for something else in the near future.

There is no ongoing need for mithril in the game so eventually you will max out on it and stop collecting from the dragon. You can use mithril to make adamant but that needs glimmershards and fragments and if you do the Sister, Sister goal you will be using all of those up.

There were a few quests which required mithril. I think the Faerie Respite needed 20 but that was dropped to 10. I am recalling this from memory so I would suggest you check through the quests you have upcoming and see what you will need it for. One quest needs a deep mine to be leveled up to level 5 and that takes 10 mithril.

Obtaining all this mithril through the game is doable but it will take a lot of time. It is a very rare drop. You can craft it but it takes a lot of silver and you can get it in the jewelers trade but it doesn't always drop and that uses a lot of resource.

I bought 2 mithril dragons for the mithril and scales which I needed. I see it as a purchase which cut months off my gameplay and stopped all the stress of having to collect all that silver to make the mithril. Well worth it in my opinion.

Although there is no ongoing need for mithril, the Pyre Cavern event earlier in the year needed it for the adventures. Those players with a good stock of mithril were able to adventure as much as possible during the event. Other players were limited by the mithril they could make or get from the jewelers trade. There is always a chance that TL may do another event which needs mithril.

You will still need to get the burning ember to complete the goal to hatch the amber dragon. But once you do, you will already have dragon scales to give you a head start on the next questlines. Scales do not drop every day from dragons and when you need to give 10, for example in Glimmergate part 2, waiting for drops every 24 hours can be a real pain.

I find this thread helpful to plan in advance what I need for the quests https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....y-Updates-List
    My ID is ciarjen if you would like to add me
    I play Dragon story (island name is Yniop), Castle Story (kingdom name is Langley) and Farm Story 2 (farm name is Batty's Farm).

I sent out my first adventure for the burning ember yesterday. So imagine my happiness and shock when the burning ember dropped, along with 8 gems, 1 ornate block, 1 enchanted beam, 2 wisp lanterns and an apple tree! After hearing how long it takes for the burning ember to drop from an adventure I am so relieved. Probably my best haul from an adventure so far.
    Good luck to all you who are still looking for the ember. You will get it!

Banned
    4 Eggs now and no Burning Embers. 2 Burning Embers on another account and no Eggs.

Page 15 of 20 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast