Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird "feed the baron" item. Can anyone offer some insight?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by raycholio View Post
    I just collected form my kitchen after doing a "feed the baron" thing. Nothing visible came out, but when I clicked on the general area, it said "+20 favor".

Um... What!? What is favor and why do I need it? Please, help me understand >.<

So Thats what happened to me. I'd collected from the baron and got nothing but air. Guess this is a way of saying we could get shafted by the greedy tool at any time and trade with him, at our own risks.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by 081702 View Post
    So Thats what happened to me. I'd collected from the baron and got nothing but air. Guess this is a way of saying we could get shafted by the greedy tool at any time and trade with him, at our own risks.
    Although that fits with the storyline, I was told this is an issue that they've been working on. So, I guess, if you want to imagine that's what's happening, it would probably cause less frustration than the fact that a glitch just stole your items with no hope of return.

Rhino Keeper
    Arrrrgh, just got 20 favour from Baron. I haven't traded with the baron for a while exactly because of this. It has happened to me three times now out of the 7-9 times I've traded. Come on TL. Sort the glitch out, auto-refund or remove the trade option. Won't be doing it again. Right off to send a support email.

Rhino Keeper
    Sounds like there might be a mysterious new mechanic in the works??!

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by hmgdanielson View Post
    Sounds like there might be a mysterious new mechanic in the works??!
    Nope. It's a bug. At least, that's what I've been told.

What are favours? I've never heard of them

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Oliver118 View Post
    What are favours? I've never heard of them
    It's just some item text that floats up saying +20 favor. That's it. The items you used are gone. You get no new items. Just some text. Womp.

Rhino Keeper
    But TL keep saying that nothing is for no reason (excuse the double negative) and that everything will be used.... Maybe we will need favours for something in the future?
    Having said that, the more I play TL games and read the forums the more I dislike thier methods. But that's a rant for a different thread.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by kudukuda View Post
    But TL keep saying that nothing is for no reason (excuse the double negative) and that everything will be used.... Maybe we will need favours for something in the future?
    Having said that, the more I play TL games and read the forums the more I dislike thier methods. But that's a rant for a different thread.
    I was told after making a ticket that it wasn't supposed to be happening, and it's a known issue that they're working on which will be solved in future updates.

It's possible that favor could be used later (after all, why not? Seems kind of weird for a random "bug" to be called "favor") but even if so, there's no promise or any indication whatsoever that this favor that we collect now will be tallied into anything that we may need it for later... if we ever see it come about. Hopefully, it does make its appearance and the useless favor we collect now will still be there later when we do need it... but I won't be holding my breath. I just take it as a loss (along with all those gem traps!) and move on.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by raycholio View Post
    Hopefully, it does make its appearance and the useless favor we collect now will still be there later when we do need it... but I won't be holding my breath. I just take it as a loss (along with all those gem traps!) and move on.
    I agree that for now we should tally it with the losses. Together with the stolen gems and the skunk pie i got on an adventure. But still, we get this game for free and just need to know and remember not to spend money on it because of these stupid "bugs".

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast