Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Overview: Breeding Gemstone Dragons [iOS/Android]

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by peteparcon View Post
    That's like saying better use an independence dragon and a diamond so that you may get:
    A. Crusader
    B. Angel
    C. Mercury
    D. Infinity

More colors = more fails
    More colors to have more results ≠ good
    Of course there's always Pros & Cons But it's fun sometime to have more option to get a dragon. & like I said we could always stay basic.

Executive Chef
    So, I guess alot of time and effort and coding and whatnot was involved in this release. Thank you TL for spending, days, weeks, months coming up with this new concept or whatever you want to call it.

But,

Wouldn't it have been easier if you would have just sold the gemstone dragons for coins to android players? Really, how long would it have taken if you backspaced the word gold away and typed in coins?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    So, I guess alot of time and effort and coding and whatnot was involved in this release. Thank you TL for spending, days, weeks, months coming up with this new concept or whatever you want to call it.

But,

Wouldn't it have been easier if you would have just sold the gemstone dragons for coins to android players? Really, how long would it have taken if you backspaced the word gold away and typed in coins?
    Wasted time and effort, IMO, that could've better been utilized in bring Android to parity.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeStorm8 View Post
    For a brand new type you might be right about this. It's a larger issue though when the dragons already exist because players would now have dragons living in the wrong habitats. What happens to a Ruby dragon that only has the type Gemstone living in a habitat that only accepts Fire type dragons? That sort of thing.
    That doesn't make sense. Many players have gemstone dragons. Are you going to make them homeless until their caretakers buy the new habitat?

Or is it just bred dragons that need special housing? No, that doesn't make sense, either. If the pink hybrid, Justice, can live in pink or red habitats, why can't Ruby live in gemstone or red habitats?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpsichore View Post
    That doesn't make sense. Many players have gemstone dragons. Are you going to make them homeless until their caretakers buy the new habitat?

Or is it just bred dragons that need special housing? No, that doesn't make sense, either. If the pink hybrid, Justice, can live in pink or red habitats, why can't Ruby live in gemstone or red habitats?

All Gemstone dragons can stay in their respective home OR the gemstone habitat.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Turpsichore View Post

I thought Ruby could live in both Gemstone & Fire habitats now?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by peteparcon View Post
    Okay jake, here is a question.

Have you made any progress on porting trading/crafting for android?

If yes, kindly state what has been achieved already.

You said you suggested this new feature (breeding gemstone dragons) a month ago, but why add a new project to your programmers? Why can't they work non-stop in recoding T/C for android?
    Given the long time it's taking you to give android the habitat boosts, T/C, quests, and arena, I'm sure you guys have limited programmers.
    Giving them another project is just counter-productive.
    Unless you guys just gave up on porting T/C.
    I'm sure we (android players) won't get those iOS only features in the near future (within a month) because for you, we can already get gemstone dragons w/o purchasing them.
    Prove me wrong, jake. Just prove me wrong.

And really? Adding a new element to the gemstone dragons?!
    Why not make them breedable using a gemstone dragon and a base type but make the result a non splitting base type dragon?
    If rex is dino+red with the resulting rex only a dino type, why can't ruby (which is a red type) be gemstone+red and result in a red only type?
    That way you didn't screw iOS players and made the gemstone dragons still pure base type dragons.
    I can't update on the parity issues, but here are some answers to your other questions:

Why not make them breedable using a gemstone dragon and a base type but make the result a non splitting base type dragon?

Several reasons: We want them to have their own tab in the market, we want Ruby to be able to produce gemstone babies (composite types don't break down unless they are a displayed type of a hybrid), we want players to be able to display their gemstone dragons in the gemstone habitat.

That way you didn't screw iOS players and made the gemstone dragons still pure base type dragons.

Why does this screw iOS players? Just because you have to get another Fire Dragon to have a pure red parent? I think that's fairly minor.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskmage View Post
    I thought Ruby could live in both Gemstone & Fire habitats now?
    That's correct.

Banned
    I can't update on the parity issues, but here are some answers to your other questions:

Several reasons: We want them to have their own tab in the market, we want Ruby to be able to produce gemstone babies (composite types don't break down unless they are a displayed type of a hybrid), we want players to be able to display their gemstone dragons in the gemstone habitat.

Why does this screw iOS players? Just because you have to get another Fire Dragon to have a pure red parent? I think that's fairly minor.

It would be minor, if you are oh so nice enough to give us a couple more habitats.

Executive Chef

You aren't really if we had more habitats to put this Fire Dragon in. Some of us IOS players are tapped out of space because of all the awesome dragons you release twice a week. So, umm, how about a habitat increase? (Just a handful, a big handful.)

Page 5 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast