Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Overview: Breeding Gemstone Dragons [iOS/Android]

Executive Chef
    "And in the long run Android will get partial ( at least that what TL says".

Uhh ... right.

Quote Originally Posted by HenryLucky1 View Post
    One question, you said gemstone is a composite type, breaks down to Blue and Green, so it has Blue and Green colors? And we need blue and Green to get it?
    Hi Henry! I hope your excited about this pretty gemstone dragon too, my theory because of all the coral and island fails and its green/blue to craft it on my daughters ios. I have started breeding mermaid/island,first time twenty hrs so im going to continue with this combo and let everyone know using island was so hard because of longbfails but it only makes since. Good luck-

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeStorm8 View Post
    For a brand new type you might be right about this. It's a larger issue though when the dragons already exist because players would now have dragons living in the wrong habitats. What happens to a Ruby dragon that only has the type Gemstone living in a habitat that only accepts Fire type dragons? That sort of thing.
    Then why not wait for Trading & Crafting to be released for Android/Kindle? Is it that far off?

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by peteparcon View Post
    Why not make them breedable using a gemstone dragon and a base type but make the result a non splitting base type dragon?
    If rex is dino+red with the resulting rex only a dino type, why can't ruby (which is a red type) be gemstone+red and result in a red only type?
    That way you didn't screw iOS players and made the gemstone dragons still pure base type dragons.
    This would've been good too.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    I have a question. Why was it necessary to add another element to the gemstone dragons? It seems to me adding a color just made it more involved then just bringing over the single color element.

I am thrilled Android can now get them. But why change their 'genetic' makeup? Weren't they just a different looking fire, air, water, etc basic dragon? Adding this extra element now makes for island fails for everyone.

Oh, and where is Kindle in all this?
    Let me try to answear this one. Because most of us always look at the extra Gemstone element from the negative angle.

Let us look at it from the positive angle.

Let say if someone still trying to breed a Mask dragon & wants to get the Troll dragon at the same time.

Mask dragon = Black+Pink

Troll dragon = Black+green

In this case we could use Night = Black / Quartz = Pink+Blue+Green & there we have all the elements that we need for Mask & Troll.

Of course we could always go with the basic Night/Pink for Mask & Night/Forest for Troll if we want to. But if we want to hit 2 dragons with one stone that's another option we have.

Enjoy your reborn Gemstone type dragons. Congrats to all the Android user who loves Gemstone dragons

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    Then why not wait for Trading & Crafting to be released for Android/Kindle? Is it that far off?
    Seems to be and it's unfortunate...at this rate though, something is better than nothing.

New Resident
    I got it!! Bred water and Forrest super breed Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	20.6 KB 
ID:	891112hrs.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by JakeStorm8 View Post
    For a brand new type you might be right about this. It's a larger issue though when the dragons already exist because players would now have dragons living in the wrong habitats. What happens to a Ruby dragon that only has the type Gemstone living in a habitat that only accepts Fire type dragons? That sort of thing.
    Thanks Jake for answering so quickly. Just one more question.

What about Kindle?

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskmage View Post
    Let me try to answear this one. Because most of us always look at the extra Gemstone element from the negative angle.

Let say if someone still trying to breed a Mask dragon & wants to get the Troll dragon at the same time.

Mask dragon = Black+Pink

In this case we could use Night = Black / Quartz = Pink+Blue+Green & there we have all the elements that we need for Mask & Troll.

Of course we could always go with the basic Night/Pink for Mask & Night/Forest for Troll if we want to. But if we want to hit 2 dragons with one stone that's another option we have.

Enjoy your reborn Gemstone type dragons. Congrats to all the Android user who loves Gemstone dragons
    That's like saying better use an independence dragon and a diamond so that you may get:
    A. Crusader
    B. Angel
    C. Mercury
    D. Infinity

More colors = more fails
    More colors to have more results ≠ good

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by tuskmage View Post

Mask dragon = Black+Pink

Would be better to do one than the other and eliminate more fails. The negative far out-weight what little benefits could possibly come from this. Also hear that gemstones in the Arena all now have a water attack. Seems like a step backwards there. Big change = Big consequences.

Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast