Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Overview: Breeding Gemstone Dragons [iOS/Android]

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    And in the long run Android will get partial ( at least that what TL says )
    Meant Parity.

Executive Chef
    I have a question. Why was it necessary to add another element to the gemstone dragons? It seems to me adding a color just made it more involved then just bringing over the single color element.

I am thrilled Android can now get them. But why change their 'genetic' makeup? Weren't they just a different looking fire, air, water, etc basic dragon? Adding this extra element now makes for island fails for everyone.

Oh, and where is Kindle in all this?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by dw9893 View Post
    for iOS users - this idea is worthless.. and especially for those players who had the gemstones dragon from crafting. Worst idea EVER. Not to mention the lack of habitat increase.... AGAIN
    I thought this too, but we can still craft this one. So much easier than breeding Blue/Green for days.

We still have it easier though

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by dw9839 View Post
    so lets call it what it is then - an " android " update.. Im fine with that.. I dont mind showing Android some love.. they are further behind... but dont tell me you've got a surprise for all the players..

and yes. it was the WORST idea ever.. you just basically took dragons we already had access to, and gave us another way to access them.. and that.. is the worst idea ever.
    I agree this is the worst idea TL have implemented (so far) but it is NOT an update for Android, this is a ____________ for ALL platforms. Sorry, I can't think of a way to adequately express how bad it is.

1) Android/Kindle players have NEVER suggested that breeding gemstone dragons would be a good idea. It's the trading & crafting that is wanted so that there is something else to do in the game.

2) If TL wanted to throw non-iOS players a sop, they could have made the gemstone dragons available for coins rather than gold.

3) Being "rares", the gemstones had a slight advantage over the original base dragons in the breeding den. Making them split doesn't just destroy that advantage, it makes them useless to breed with.NOBODY likes splitting colours.

4) Other than emerald (10hrs) the fails are horrendous.

What part of the surprise are we supposed to love??????
    Last edited by aileeniweeni; 07-22-13 at 04:04 PM. Reason: removed mod action statement

Executive Chef
    One question, you said gemstone is a composite type, breaks down to Blue and Green, so it has Blue and Green colors? And we need blue and Green to get it?

Quote Originally Posted by igames4me View Post
    Not the brightest idea but you wouldn't be complaining if the made treasure dragons breedable ...maybe you would if you already purchased them with gold
    Paerfectly said! I think we should enjoy this beautiful new dragon and great habitat. Theres always a in and always an out, lose to gain. In the end we will all get what we want.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by kwhales View Post
    I have a question. Why was it necessary to add another element to the gemstone dragons? It seems to me adding a color just made it more involved then just bringing over the single color element.

I am thrilled Android can now get them. But why change their 'genetic' makeup? Weren't they just a different looking fire, air, water, etc basic dragon? Adding this extra element now makes for island fails for everyone.

Oh, and where is Kindle in all this?
    For a brand new type you might be right about this. It's a larger issue though when the dragons already exist because players would now have dragons living in the wrong habitats. What happens to a Ruby dragon that only has the type Gemstone living in a habitat that only accepts Fire type dragons? That sort of thing.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryLucky1 View Post
    One question, you said gemstone is a composite type, breaks down to Blue and Green, so it has Blue and Green colors? And we need blue and Green to get it?
    Yes. Composite = made up of various parts of elements. This one is Blue/Green.

Like how black is made up of blue/purple

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryLucky1 View Post
    Blue & Green to breed for the Gemstone Dragon which you then breed with the desired color to get whatever gemstone you want. All gemstone dragons can now break down to Blue & Green & ( Whatever Color ). So all gemstone dragons are now essentially tri-colored dragons.

Farm Supplier
    Okay jake, here is a question.

Have you made any progress on porting trading/crafting for android?

If yes, kindly state what has been achieved already.

You said you suggested this new feature (breeding gemstone dragons) a month ago, but why add a new project to your programmers? Why can't they work non-stop in recoding T/C for android?
    Given the long time it's taking you to give android the habitat boosts, T/C, quests, and arena, I'm sure you guys have limited programmers.
    Giving them another project is just counter-productive.
    Unless you guys just gave up on porting T/C.
    I'm sure we (android players) won't get those iOS only features in the near future (within a month) because for you, we can already get gemstone dragons w/o purchasing them.
    Prove me wrong, jake. Just prove me wrong.

And really? Adding a new element to the gemstone dragons?!
    Why not make them breedable using a gemstone dragon and a base type but make the result a non splitting base type dragon?
    If rex is dino+red with the resulting rex only a dino type, why can't ruby (which is a red type) be gemstone+red and result in a red only type?
    That way you didn't screw iOS players and made the gemstone dragons still pure base type dragons.

Page 3 of 31 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast