Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Overview: Breeding Gemstone Dragons [iOS/Android]

Rhino Keeper
    Can you still get gemstone dragons by breeding gemstone with a hybrid?i.e. Troll.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonilis View Post
    I like your argument, prepare for my counter argument...

as of right now, I think I could achieve crafting a quartz easier than breeding one, just breed my black swan and virtue over and over again, maybe get a naga (love naga, need one of those), virtue, black swan, kitsune duplicates I can trade in. longest fail I get trying to get pink would be light 9 hours, although the 33 hours for virtue would be a dozy since it isn't great for trading. There are only 6 possibility's when breeding pink x pink and only two of them aren't pink. whereas breeding a gemstone dragon with a pure pink would have..

flower
    bubble
    island
    serpent
    atlantis
    love
    lazerlight
    life
    wild
    landworm
    athletic
    magic
    fuzzy
    pegasus
    winter
    pearl
    ruby
    and finally: quartz

It could potentially take a very long time to breed a quartz. but what about breeding a ruby? I don't think it would be very hard at all crafting one, heck I got two super rare red hybrids I'm willing to chunk. but to breed a ruby you have to contend with..

island
    serpent
    atlantis
    life
    wild
    landworm
    althletic
    magic
    and finally: ruby

breeding a ruby, would be like breeding any of the following, which to me have much higher value: hunter, bubble, goblin, origami, moon, bat, flower, or kite. because its breeding a hybrid color with a different color (not one of the colors in the hybrid color, like emerald or sapphire, tiny or justice, deep or illusion)

I personally don't think that breeding them is going to be equal to crafting them.

plus with all the new dragons they release every. other. day. its more time wasted trying to catch up.
    Try for Sapphire and Emerald first then!

Rhino Keeper
    This is a joke, iv breed this gemstone dragon 4 time now and iv got 3 islands,iv spent to much time on this dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    ?.
    I'm wondering how many more blue-green eggs I'll have to endure before I see 12 hours for Gemstone dragon. I couldn't take the 36-hour crafty shortcut (LOL) because I have no large sapphire. Super-rare blues are in short supply after all the removals and I'm NOT giving up one of my Leviathan beauties anytime soon.
    Maybe I should breed Sapphire-Emerald. When else can I get away with that?
    Hah! It worked like a charm. Sapphire-Emerald: 12 hours!
    Now, who knows? Once I've evolved her, Gemstone with a black partner (for Onyx/Amethyst/Sapphire) may give me the elusive Hunter & Troll as fails.
    Also, another 20-hour blue-green creation is underway. Not the Island egg; the 2nd Gemstone Prairie!

Rhino Keeper
    I had a good run yesterday with the gemstone but i have already become bored of the constant island fails, game became boring in 1 day island after island after island.

Rhino Keeper
    I don't think TL get it if we get a Island fail we leave the game for a whole day, i have no need to check in now for a whole day i have plenty of money and plenty of crops.TV is looking better, get rid of the island fails for the love of the game.

Fashion Designer
    2 islands in a row.....

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonilis View Post
    that was a bigger post than I intended it to be, here, have a potato! *imaginary potato*
    Thank you. I wouldn't want to have to quote that mountain of tubers.
    You've inadvertently proven MY argument.

For Ruby: Gemstone-Fire parents 10 dragons, 3 of them taking only 3-6 hours, and only 2 taking 20 hours; therefore, relatively painless compared to breeding for other gemstones. You do not have the means to compare what it would take to craft one from scratch, and starting from the position of "two super rare red hybrids I'm willing to chunk" would not make a fair comparison.

For Quartz: Gemstone-Virtue parents 23 dragons
    For Mask: Night-Virtue parents 21 dragons
    It would be fair to say that BREEDING for Quartz is comparable to breeding for Mask. But again, you can't fairly compare a CRAFTING attempt on the assumption that your BlackSwan-Virtue pairing will give you the super rares you would need to trade. Even though there are 3 super pinks among the short list possible from that pair, they are also the ones a player is least likely to get.

I think you should have a mashed potato and go breed that Quartz if you really want one. Looks like you may get some nice fails along the way (including Pearl!); nicer fails than the Mask list, I think. But why not warm up on a Topaz instead? Gorgeous dragon! Or like Henry suggested, Sapphire or Emerald? Come on, you know you want this.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainstorms45 View Post
    2 islands in a row.....
    It's normal, if you get 20 Island in a row...Nah, it's not normal

Quote Originally Posted by candyglam View Post
    So forgive me if this has already been addressed, but does this mean that I could breed a Topaz dragon, which contains yellow, blue, & green, and a Love dragon, which contains red and light, and obtain a diamond dragon? Or is that outside the realm of possibility? I'm level 100 and still diamond-less, so I'm looking for any new methods!
    You can get a Diamond by pairing Topaz with Love, but not from the colors/reasons you have given. There is no blue and green in that combo for the purpose of Diamond breeding; but you DO have four colors that could work: gemstone, yellow, red and white.
    If the gemstone element splits out to blue and green, the split colors will not enter into a Diamond fusion. I'm not sure why this is the case except that Diamond breeding has its own set of peculiarities where compound elements apparently enter the fusion as only one color.
    This is the very reason you can get Diamond from Topaz-Love but never from Topaz-Virtue.