Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Overview: Breeding Gemstone Dragons [iOS/Android]

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by Disel8 View Post
    Day 5 of breeding the Gemstone Dragon with various different colours and I'm Still waiting for my frist gemstone type.
    Has ANYONE had any success yet as I still haven't read of one either. (Android)
    Sapphire from Night x Gemstone
    Pearl from Unicorn x Gs
    Tiger's Eye from Bat x Gs

and Troll (nice fail!) from Hunter x Gs
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-29-13 at 05:02 AM. Reason: fixed broken quote

Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    So when we put Diamond in the den with a unicolor, we should get diamond hybrids every time? Come on, now.
    Besides, what if Gemstone's blue combined with red to give you Magic instead? Same 20 hours as Island. Would you feel any better?
    At least Magic would make sense. Diamond is four colors plus diamond so you could get red and red etc..not a hybrid every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Disel8 View Post
    Day 5 of breeding the Gemstone Dragon with various different colours and I'm Still waiting for my frist gemstone type.
    Has ANYONE had any success yet as I still haven't read of one either. (Android)
    I'm on Android and bought Rainbow cuz it was cheaper than the amt of gold I used failing to breed it. Buying Rainbo was my best purchase b/c I bred both Ruby & Emerald back to back. I used Epic Fire & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Ruby. I used Epic Forest & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Emerald. The next day I believe I used either Bat or Night Elf lvl 9 & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Sapphire. Yesterday I also used Night Elf lvl 9 & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Hunter. I may have used Bat versus Night Elf but I was trying for Tiger's Eye when I surprisingly got Hunter as a fail.

I will suggest using Bat & Gemstone to help u get great fails. I always put Gemstone 2nd when breeding. For some strange reason it produces better results than when putting it 1st. I hope this helps some discouraged Android users. I was skeptical at 1st after the many Island fails but after I figured out putting Gemstone 2nd when breeding it's been well worth the aggravation.

I only need 14 of the existing dragons. I have 135 so far. I thank TL for creating Rainbow or I wouldn't have the opportunity like IOS users to obtain those beautiful gemstone dragons with better fails than normal breeding seems to allow.

Good luck everyone !!! We Androids just need more options like battling. Or I guess I'll continue to stay ahead of the breeding curve.

Quote Originally Posted by pommom123 View Post
    At least Magic would make sense. Diamond is four colors plus diamond so you could get red and red etc..not a hybrid every time.
    Island makes sense too, if you're attuned to the right sense.

What you say about Diamond is far from true. Diamond is a SINGLE PURE element that doesn't split. If it were four colors, then pairing Diamond with Fire could produce 4 or 5 different families of red hybrids! But Diamond-Fire can in fact only produce two dragons - either Fire or Crusader.

There's logic in all the breeding rules. It just isn't always apparent to every player. Also, since the rules differ from one group of dragons to another, it can be a daunting task to keep track.

Quote Originally Posted by ltavon922 View Post
    I'm on Android and bought Rainbow cuz it was cheaper than the amt of gold I used failing to breed it. Buying Rainbo was my best purchase b/c I bred both Ruby & Emerald back to back. I used Epic Fire & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Ruby. I used Epic Forest & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Emerald. The next day I believe I used either Bat or Night Elf lvl 9 & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Sapphire. Yesterday I also used Night Elf lvl 9 & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Hunter. I may have used Bat versus Night Elf but I was trying for Tiger's Eye when I surprisingly got Hunter as a fail.

I will suggest using Bat & Gemstone to help u get great fails. I always put Gemstone 2nd when breeding. For some strange reason it produces better results than when putting it 1st. I hope this helps some discouraged Android users. I was skeptical at 1st after the many Island fails but after I figured out putting Gemstone 2nd when breeding it's been well worth the aggravation.

I only need 14 of the existing dragons. I have 135 so far. I thank TL for creating Rainbow or I wouldn't have the opportunity like IOS users to obtain those beautiful gemstone dragons with better fails than normal breeding seems to allow.

Good luck everyone !!! We Androids just need more options like battling. Or I guess I'll continue to stay ahead of the breeding curve.
    Huh?
    What does Rainbow have to do with using Gemstone to breed gemstones or other hybrids?

The Rainbow thing aside, I'm so glad to hear of your success so far with breeding these dragons. (I wish I had a Bat.) I'm hearing so much doom and gloom on this thread, it's enough to discourage any player - iOS or Android - from even trying. You are being creative and experimental with the breedings and you're clearly having a good time! High five!

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    Huh?
    What does Rainbow have to do with using Gemstone to breed gemstones or other hybrids?

The Rainbow thing aside, I'm so glad to hear of your success so far with breeding these dragons. (I wish I had a Bat.) I'm hearing so much doom and gloom on this thread, it's enough to discourage any player - iOS or Android - from even trying. You are being creative and experimental with the breedings and you're clearly having a good time! High five!
    I think she meant she bought the gemstone dragon. But maybe not.

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nessa_V View Post
    I'm on Android and I have a few gemstone hybrids, yes.

Got Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and Amethyst quite easy and quick, than reached for Pearl with no luck, so decided to give it a break.
    That is nice i have been trying nonstop for gemstone dragon since its breedable . my first fail was atlantis but after that : island island after island it just doesnt stop.
    i can only imagine the horror while trying for other gemstone dragons:S
    Last edited by kooky panda; 07-29-13 at 05:01 AM. Reason: inappropriate word

Banned
    So far : Island, Island, Island, Coral, Island. In 4 days

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ltavon922 View Post

Congrats! That was some run of Luck.

I just got 20 hours with gemstone and island I hope it is sapphire and not island most likely it is island D: