Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Feature Overview: Breeding Gemstone Dragons [iOS/Android]

Rhino Keeper

Feature Overview: Breeding Gemstone Dragons [iOS/Android]

Good afternoon everyone,

Today I want to introduce breedable gemstone dragons!

A lot of you have figured it out already, but I'll break down the details here.

Gemstone Dragons (Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, etc.), in addition to being craftable at the Spell Shop, can now be bred! We added a new type "Gemstone" to all gemstone dragons. The gemstone type is a composite type (like black and pink) that breaks down into green and blue. So it can produce green, blue, and gemstone hybrids with whichever color it is paired with.

Gemstone Type

A new base dragon for this type has been released, the aptly named Gemstone Dragon. Just like Night Dragon for black, this dragon is the easiest way to get access to the gemstone hybrids. Of course, if you already have a Ruby Dragon, it will be able to produce gemstone offspring as well, in addition to other hybrids.

Base Gemstone Dragon

We've also released a new gemstone type habitat called Gemstone Prairie to house the new base dragon. Since Ruby, Emerald, etc. have their original types in addition to gemstone, they can live here or in your Red Rocks and Green Groves.

Gemstone Prairie

Why'd we do it?
    The #1 reason I suggested this to the team last month is simply that these dragons are awesome, and not enough people have access to them. That includes all Android players, who until now have had no way to enjoy these dragons without making a purchase, and many of the iOS players who didn't participate in trading and crafting. We still have craft-only dragons like Lotus and Samurai, but since the collection of gemstone dragons was becoming so large we thought these dragons would add more to the game as their own large, breedable type.

I hope you enjoy this new way to obtain some of our most beautiful dragons! I'll be checking back to answer any questions.

-Jake.

Here's a list of all the dragons who now fall under the gemstone type:
    • Gemstone Dragon
    • Ruby Dragon
    • Emerald Dragon
    • Topaz Dragon
    • Sapphire Dragon
    • Amethyst Dragon
    • Pearl Dragon
    • Quartz Dragon
    • Onyx Dragon
    • Tiger's Eye Dragon

Executive Chef
    I guess the most important question is, are you possibly going to give us a tiny habitat increase, pretty please

Edit(KP)

Extra information :

Quote Originally Posted by realpokemonisland View Post
    For Androidusers:

Yes,it is possible to breed and have all of gemstone dragons 100%
    I've got already:
    -Rubybreeding GS + Crusader
    -Emerald breeding GS + Dawntree
    - Sapphire breeding GS + Mercury
    -Topaz breeding GS + Gold
    -Ametyst breeding GS + Anubis
    -Pearl breeding GS + Angel
    -Onyx breeding GS + Dark Angel
    -and still waiting now for Quartz and Tiger'eye,not have them yet
    Last edited by kooky panda; 08-02-13 at 12:45 PM.

Fashion Designer
    Gemstone hybrids sound exciting.

looking it up at the same time it reads that it is 7900$ and holds 3

only costs 2 mil

one of the best ideas EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hatchlings727 View Post
    only costs 2 mil
    Only two million? that is no only (no offense). I will never get topaz now

Fashion Designer
    Need 3 new habitats since iOS users will now have to re-purchase basic element dragons since that functionality is gone. They'll have to move the gemstone dragons into their new habitat and re-purchase / feed the basic dragons.

Aside from that, why were gemstone dragons given blue & green and not kept pure? If it was to give Android access to the gemstones.... I could've waited. Gemstones should be crafted, not bred. We have plenty of dragons to breed. Crafting dragons was supposed to be an alternate way to slowly but surely obtain unique dragons. They've lost quite a bit of their uniqueness, IMO.

And I really have doubts that parity is anywhere near completion with this change. If trading & crafting were coming anytime soon this never would have been implemented. Am I wrong?

Rhino Keeper
    for iOS users - this idea is worthless.. and especially for those players who had the gemstones dragon from crafting. Worst idea EVER. Not to mention the lack of habitat increase.... AGAIN

Executive Chef
    I don't think it's "worst idea ever"
    I think TL had to do what they had to do to give Android players a little "something"
    They deserve it.. They've been waiting so long!

I agree that giving them Crafting/trading is way better
    But I'm sure if TL could have, they would have done it
    So it's a good compromise for the time being

Guys,
    Let Android players enjoy this new feature and don't spoil it for them with negative comments

Page 1 of 31 1234511 ... LastLast