Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zealot's Conclave - Levels 307 - 312

Passed 307, though I'm not sure how! I had such a hard time with this level. The s.d. at the start gave me such a hard time, I barely ever made it past that. But I finally had a round where my blasters and bombs were cooperating, and I finally saw the goal line (for the first time!) But time was almost gone (flashing countdown.) Then I realized I hadn't used my free boosts yet (had 2.) So I pressed the more time button, and bought gold (swore I'd stop, lol!) Then I quickly used my digging/blaster boosts, and finished the level. I couldn't believe it! If you get stuck on this level, just hang in there. Eventually, you'll get a lucky board (and with your faster fingers, you won't need gold, lol.) Really, though...this level should have a little more time added (at least!)

Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    Level 308... fire moves level with restricted jewels and gifts (...)
    I believe that both gifts contain fire extinguishers. (...)
    Level 308: 18 fire in 35 moves (5JC.) No changes in moves, but the gifts are now a reshuffle boost & a fire extinguisher. I used a diamond in the round I passed to clear some red jewels (including one of the gifts & some restricteds.) That allowed some blasters to fall down to the lower rows and put out all the fire except two flames on right & left side (2nd row from bottom--a very hard-to-reach spot in this level!) I had a blaster in the middle area too (where the gifts start out)...but no way to detonate it. Then up top, a bomb fell next to another blaster. Combo'd 'em, and the T-blast set off that "sweet spot" blaster below, taking out my last two flames! Whoo-hoo! Didn't even have to use my extinguisher boost, lol. Only got one star, so I'll def. play this again to improve my score. The moves are pretty tight on this, but I enjoyed it!

Level 309: 44 glass in 35 moves (5JC.) They added 5 moves to this, but it's still incredibly tight. Have to be really careful with your moves. I've played 6 or 7 times, and haven't gotten closer than 41/44 (that's with the two glass-breaking boost gifts!) I'm enjoying this fun challenge, though (at my own pace!) ~I'll get it!

Level 309 was so fun--I'm sorry it's over! I had a great round...lots of diamonds, one combined with a blaster. Also combined a blaster + bomb. Didn't even end up using the gift boosts that last round--lucky, & so fun!

Btw, I experimented with the glass-breaking boost on a round I knew I couldn't pass. I still had a restricted jewel in one of the corners (which have double glass underneath.) I wondered if it was possible to break that glass with the restricted jewel still in place. According to my test--you can! I used both boosts on the same restricted, and it seemed to accept it, making the glass-breaking sound each time. After the 2nd break, the glass count went up by one--it seemed to work! So, if you break all the glass but still have one restricted jewel left--you could still pass by using the boosts! (Not likely, but just in case, right? Lol! )

Level 310: 14 fire in 1:15 (5JC.) No changes since orig. post. Ugh, another fast, timed fire level--not happy! Played my last 4 energies, and didn't get anywhere with the fire. Also only got 1 gift so far (fire extinguisher,) though the only time I even got a glimpse of it was when time ran out (after bean dog moved, lol.) I just can't think/move that fast--these timed fire levels **** me! Guess I'll do the usual--keep trying to familiarize myself with the level's layout, and get used to how everything works on this board. Then wait for a whole lotta luck!

Level 311: 14 fire in 35 moves (5JC.) Omg, I got really lucky and passed this on my first try. I got a diamond, and used it to clear some restricted purple jewels, as well as some touching flames. That cleared lots of fire below. Then I tried to get the rest of the flames with simple matches, but there's one or two flames that are I just couldn't reach. Actually, the entire board is tricky...with windows, walls, etc.! On my 2nd-to-last move, I created a bomb--right on top of a blaster(!) Combined them, which snuffed those last two flames perfectly! Yay! I imagine this level could get away from you fast if you don't get a good board, since there's not many places to move. I enjoyed this, so I'll def play again to improve the 1-star rating I got...

Level 312: Dig 11 meters in 55 moves (5JC.) Again, no changes, but this one's really tight also. I've been able to get close to the goal line, but not past it, lol. I need to do a better job navigating the s.d., as well as using the digging/blaster gifts at the right time. I was hoping I could use one to blast through the row of restricted jewels towards the bottom, but it doesn't work that way (too bad, lol!) This is a fun level, so I don't mind the challenge. Hopefully I'll end up with a good score. I've done terribly on this island (SO many 1-stars!)

Ha! I passed 312, but only 1 star again. When I got to Cloud Temple, I needed another star. So I went way back and replayed some levels to get more (one was in Robo Plateau.) Those earlier levels are a lot of fun (though I thought they were tough at the time, lol! )

Anyway, 312 was pretty challenging. I barely made it through, and I had a super-lucky level. I got several diamonds...1 combined w/blaster, 2 more swapped with each other (wiped entire screen including all dirt/s.d.) Btw, is it just me, or does a diamond + bomb combo not work on super dirt? I think I tried it unsuccessfully. But I played so many rounds of this level, I could be confused, lol! I think I also did a blaster + bomb or two in the round I passed. By the time I scrolled & saw the row of restricteds, I still had my free boost gift blasters & some moves left. So I finally reached the goal. Wonder what you have to do for 2 stars (or 3?) on that one? Tricky level (needs more moves added...please? So I can go back & get more stars? )

There is a reshuffle power-up in one of those prize jewels.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12