Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Confirmation box

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by meme1098 View Post
    I also do that. The last 5-8 slots are reserved for 1 day items. When I order, I always start with the last slot and work my way forward through the slots. I have never accidentally bought one ordering this way either.
    What's sad to me is you posted that months ago and yet multiple threads have been started since then about people accidentally purchasing the extra slot. sad day. Way back when I first started playing some one had suggested it in a different thread and I was so glad I read it. It might have even been you and if it was, thanks for saving me from that!

The level of cynicism with the game play is really starting to make me resent it, the continuous pop-ups, the speed at which you drop to 3 stars, the lack of confirmation with gem purchases. Of course I know it's designed this way to make money but the idea of community is very undermined by such a cynical approach. I think my days playing it are numbered. It's one of the most greedy apps I've ever come across.

Host(ess)
    I've made the mistake once. Wasted gems for coins. It sucked because I was saving up for a hairstyle worth 23 gems and now I'm back down at 7 gems and I got really bitter. I don't even buy the gems, I save them up through playing.

Executive Chef
    i just lost 100 gems to buy coins i didn't need. i was ordering, and must have unknowingly glanced over the add coins button, which then lagged, so when i tapped on the catalog i wanted to order, the stupid add coins popup appeared right afterwards and told me i had tapped on the button to spend my gems instead. luckily i had never bought gems in FS, so didn't lose real world money, although i'm still pretty pissed and deciding whether or not to quit. why is trading in 100 gems even an option? no one with any sense ever needs to do that, and if someone without sense did want to, they could just trade in 10 gems multiple times. but nooo, TL, you don't have gem traps. honest!
    Last edited by twospoons; 07-31-14 at 07:44 AM.

I feel the same. There should definitely be a confirmation button for any gem purchase. I accidentally purchased one of the decor boxes because I was trying to figure out what it was.

New Resident
    Radkappencity (WOB), 1st house after the rainbow left side
    will there ever be such a confirmation box for gem purchases?

I don't think so, they're making loads of money on it!

My order routine has gotten very slow. I double check everything and count the slots while I order.

Also, the idea of putting 22 or 46 hour pieces in the last - at least two - slots is awesome!
    I have been using the last slots for longer orders anyways but this is brilliant!!!
    Last edited by anavive; 09-03-15 at 11:50 AM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by anavive View Post
    will there ever be such a confirmation box for gem purchases?

I don't think so, they're making loads of money on it!

My order routine has gotten very slow. I double check everything and count the slots while I order.

Also, the idea of putting 22 or 46 hour pieces in the last - at least two - slots is awesome!
    I have been using the last slots for longer orders anyways but this is brilliant!!!
    Counting the slots takes forever. To make it easier on yourself, try starting at the last slot and working your way to the front while ordering. I've been playing four years or so and Never tapped that box.

For newer players, who's expanding, click the arrows on your screen instead of going near the design tab. Scrolling past the boxes can be tricky. Especially with a smaller device. Made that mistake a time or two on bakery when starting out.

Aside from that, they will never give a confirmation box. They love mistakes. It makes players frustrated and more likely to spend money to replace what was accidently lost.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by twospoons View Post
    i just lost 100 gems to buy coins i didn't need. i was ordering, and must have unknowingly glanced over the add coins button, which then lagged, so when i tapped on the catalog i wanted to order, the stupid add coins popup appeared right afterwards and told me i had tapped on the button to spend my gems instead. luckily i had never bought gems in FS, so didn't lose real world money, although i'm still pretty pissed and deciding whether or not to quit. why is trading in 100 gems even an option? no one with any sense ever needs to do that, and if someone without sense did want to, they could just trade in 10 gems multiple times. but nooo, TL, you don't have gem traps. honest!

This happened on dragon last month. I was livid, BUT thankfully it was only 20 gems. When first starting I also hit that buy coins button. You'd be surprised how many newbies buy coins or use gems for coins, when they don't have the patience to earn it themselves. Along with players who use gems to rush order clothes. I was guilty of that when I first started.

I've also seen older players use gems to speed a couple things when they're Decorating. In the end, they love these mistakes and won't make it easier for us. But if I lost 100 gems like that, id be throwing fits all over the place.

Gem traps are a low blow to players. I would never even consider spending real money on a game without a conformation button. If I lost 100 gems I would just quit playing. Games are supposed to be fun and for me, a destresser. As far as gem traps this game has nothing on castle story, I uninstalled it in frustration yeaterday. Too bad because it was fun, well except for the gem traps.

I came back to Storm8 games recently after a long break. The reason I stopped playing was because of the gem trap. I am shocked, dismayed and, quite frankly, disgusted that nothing has changed after all this time. Kooky Panda directs everyone who complains to this thread - but why? After literally years of this being an issue for players, nothing has changed.

Team Lava/ Storm 8 - do you not realise that if you would only add a confirmation button, people would actually see some value for money in their gem purchases and buy more? Right now you have probably hundreds of thousands of players across all your games, who you have to cater for in support, data storage etc, who will NEVER pay you money for the games and resources they use, because the gems are too easily wasted by this fault in your games? Every other similar game I play, checks with the player to allow them to back out of unintentional use of premium in-game currency. It's not like it can't be done.

Please show us more respect - and make your games fair to your customers.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast