Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Parts or Food

Farm Supplier

Parts or Food

Which do you prefer and why?
    In my opinion, once you get past level 40 or so, who needs more food? I'd rather have parts in stock to build appliances. So I'm curious what people think and why some people only want food?

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    You'll get a lot of opinions on this by browsing this thread. But basically...

Gifting food is essentially gifting coins.
    If you gift cappuccino, you're gifting 500 coins quickly. Top of the food gifts.
    If you gift brownies, you're gifting 200 coins slowly. Bottom of the food gifts.
    Everything else food/drink-wise falls in between, from 300-400 coins.

Gifting parts: These are all the appliances and what parts they take. If someone has a box out, you can look for what it takes and send that. If someone sends a request, you can send another of the same thing. A lot of people post on their wall what they currently need. If someone clearly has tons of full counters but nothing else indicating what they prefer, you're probably safe sending anything between fuse and wiring, those are the basics.

Executive Chef
    Parts and more parts, even if I'm currently not building anything, soon enough another appliance gets added and there are certain parts that get repeated a lot so they're a safe gifting option to all.

Grand Emperor
    I prefer new parts for new appliances and Cappuccino when not building. I told my nbrs to send whatever gift is convenient for them to send.

i have between 480 and 698 of each of the classic parts. Since most appliances need new parts, I will use the cappuccino more than classic parts.

Earlier this year I had over 40 counters with over 4m plates of food and did not need anymore food. I only baked to master new recipes and for goals. Then TL started releasing recipes less frequently and have cut down on the yields. Now I have 7 counters of new recipes with 2361 to 95k plates each. I started making old recipes a couple of weeks ago so I would not run out of food.

I have 23 neighbors and once in a while will receive 20 gifts, so I accept any gift received. I have 34 iron ingots for the pirate stove I will probably never use.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuteTali View Post
    Parts and more parts
    Yes, parts forever. I'm that one person who is ok with the dragon scales and teeth and will build him and find him an adorable addition. Send me those fire wood, yellow knobs or drip bowls, I'll build them (when I can afford because dayum 100k for an appliance is some kinda crazy!)

But I know everyone is different and everyone's reasons make sense to me. Except for those people who get really angry if you want parts as gifts, yelling that that's what material requests are for and gifts are only nmeant for food. Those players scare me more than anything at Halloween. I've no patience when I'm building so even if I accumulate thousands of parts I'm ok with it. As long as I don't have to wait and be at the mercy of people who take 4 days to grant a request. That's why goals asking for 6 pieces plank wood and 8 pieces of eight **** me.

Rhino Keeper
    I can make more food than I can sell all on my own, parts however are gift only. Seems clear on the choice. :-D

Executive Chef
    but that food is mostly cheap)) so in this very strange bakery it's profitable to just throw it away and replace with cappuccino. if you have enough of it of course)

Farm Supplier
    I never thought about it as gifting coins. I, too, have so much food already. I could leave my bakery open for a month without cooking and not sell out. And, I just can't bring myself to throw food away. Lol, I think the dragon scales and teeth are about the only thing I don't really want as far as parts are concerned.

Farm Supplier
    Maybe I'll start accepting all that cappuccino and consider it my retirement fund!

Rhino Keeper
    I agree with the parts! I need NBRS that send parts. Please add me. I a very active player & answer requests almost immediately. I'm on my 3rd bakery, have completed all food & ovens on one. ID is farmstory430. Please NO foodies!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast