Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Please consider lowering xp fot those on level 100

Rhino Keeper
    Sorry, meant to say" this IS Al's". Thanks, if you get this.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by poisonoushades View Post
    I love how TL or anyone never responded to this unless to say "merged threads" or "moved to a different forum" as if they can't see this...obviously they see this thread! So what is with not answering for so long?!? I can't believe how many times this has been ignored by now and for how long!! Ridiculous.. Are you even paying attention TL? Ignoring us is only going to make more players quit. I am considering it because I now know after reading this thread I have nothing to look forward to now I'm level 98. I don't care about leveling if there is no reward for it. I care about new goals and rewards for leveling. And being listened to by TL. Why play if TL gave up on the game?
    I think no answer is your answer. 100 is the cap, just like 99 is the cap in in RS and BS. They clearly do not intend people to go beyond 99 or 100, because the exp is intentionally too high to do it, and there is no NEW content past 98.

Also, I do not think this forum gets much attention. There is a sticky up that is almost a year out of date.

I feel for those who wish to keep leveling, but as a gamer who's husband is a programmer, I understand why ALL games with levels have some sort of cap. Sometimes devs chose to raise a level cap, but they ALWAYS include new content for those levels when doing so. Now lowering the xp in the high 90's is a reasonable request, because there is content to unlock there.

TL releases new content each week, so I am still confused as to why people are requesting, basically, for TL to raise the level cap, and maybe give you a cookie for hitting higher levels, but not really asking for new content.

I would much rather the rev team give us high 90's and lvl 100 people more expansions, a second floor or second shop, or something else to actually play with than just a few empty levels.

Yes I have been on level 96 for like 4 months and even longer but I'm still not even half way on leveling up to the next level!!! I'm really mad and I think they should make it less XP to level up.
    Your love never fails and never gives up, and never runs out on me!
    Jesus is the real reason for the season!
    Keep the Christ in Christmas!
    Merry Christmas and God bless
    !

Fashion Designer
    Tired of being stuck at lvl 99. Lvl nos indicate activity & length of time playing to other players, as well. Playing a game, i like to sense progression. This stuck at 99 indicates to me that TL just doesn't want to bother with coding/programming. I quit 2 other games when i hit 99, wonder how many have done the same.....

Quote Originally Posted by bBugatti2831bcat View Post
    With so many on level 99 my neighbors are once again asking me to ask that you look at a realistic XP number for level 100 to 101.....please respectfully look at giving FS player levels 101 to 105 with attainable XP goals...we love this game and want to continue. Consider the following.

100 to 101...30,000,000
    101 to 102...50,000,000
    102 to 103...70,000,000. Etc

respectfully sbmitted
    mardimischief store HannahsdreamHannahsdream
    Hello Team Lava Moderator: Please take the time to read and review this updated request to set higher levels 101 to 105 etc. and to lower the required XP from 100 to 101 which is now set at 1,000,000,000.

I am respectfully asking that TeamLava Staff review and revisit this topic. It has now been several years since I first put this topic up and requested review. I think it is time for the issue to gain the momentum and respect it deserves. I do realize that Fashion Story is one of TLs older games and at times the FS community feels that not much attention is awarded to FS. I think its important to note that while many in the FS community do play other games the observations that I will detail below support a viable argument for this issue to be addressed. The XP to attain level 101 should be set at a realistic number. It should be a high number respectful of its level and at the same time within reason. After over two years on level 100 I personally have not put much of a dent in that number. I have calculated that it will take approximately 38 to 40 yrs to attain it.

(Yes I do realize that TL never expected a level 100 to be attained and for players to continue to play at level 100, but they do)

Statement of Observations:
    1. There are currently 15 active level 100 players on FS, 3 that are inactive and appear to have left the game
    2. Two months ago there were between 500 - 800 in the FS community on level 99, today there are no less that 1500 in the FS community on level 99. This is a real number that is verifiable. I have more than 1500 level 99s on my neighbor list and there are many more in the community that are not my neighbors.

Why TL should set a realistic XP and the higher levels
    1. Those in the FS community are very LOYAL dedicated gamers to FS. Yes, some do play other games but many are daily FS players that have been so for many years. The number of level 99s & 100s confirms this. This loyal group has stayed loyal to FS in spite of no new goal offerings in over a year. They have stayed loyal in spite of no real new version of FS since World Games years ago. There have also been no huge multiple catalog updates for holidays in this last year like the ones in past years that seasons FS community members were use to. The old Halloween, Christmas, and Valentines roll outs of huge content was exceptional and that is all gone, yet the community stays loyal to the game.
    2. Those in the FS community at the higher levels are TLs bread and butter in this game. You only have to visit the shops of level 99 and 100 FS community members to see the massive amounts of gems being purchased. It would be very financially successful for TL to cater to and set the higher levels with reasonable XP to keep these community members in the game. TL would be rewarded financially for doing so by the gems purchasers. It's a win/win for both game makers and game users.

Lastly, please support this issue. We all understand that TL is a business. They have created an excellent game in Fashion Story. It is a highly addictive game with very loyal players. I think it would a wise business move to keep the successful high level FS community members in this game. The growth of level 99s is starting to increase rapidly. The rapid growth of high level players means more gems purchases for TL which translates to financial success for TL. It should also be noted that the high level FS community support and encourage lower level and those new to the FS community. Higher level FS community members are an asset to FS growth, as they share game expertise and excitement that encourages more game play.

Respectfully submitted and requesting that you review and reconsider this issue. Please reduce the amount of XP required to reach 101 and grandfather in those currently on level 100. Please set level perhaps up to 105 using a scale similar to the one above suggested.

Fashion Designer
    TL has never responded to this "issue" in well over a year. You are persistant, I'll give you that.

What if TL made the decision to END the game at 100? I mean, once you hit 100, you stop gaining XP? Would you stop playing the game?
    You would still get weekly updates and everything, but you wouldn't be able to level up, because there would be no levels above 100.

This is just a thought exercise, because currently what they have implemented amounts to the same thing. Hundreds of games have level caps, you can't keep leveling up once you hit that cap. But you can do other things. Sometimes a game raises the cap, sometimes it stays the same for years.

Be careful what you wish for, as someone else already warned you. They might decide to cap the game at 99, like they did with some other games, and you could loose your lvl 100 that you dearly love.

They clearly have no intention of lowering xp the way you are asking, or adding levels above 100 at this time, or they would have responded to your constant posts over the last year or more. The game currently hard caps at 100, (and soft caps at 99). This isn't my opinion, this is a fact.

I've been 99 for a while, and don't care if I'm 99 forever, as long as they keep giving me good content each week. Now THAT is an opinion, but your desire to play the game just for levels is as well. Personally, I'd rather the TL focus their energy on improving the game for the majority of players (good weekly updates), than appeasing an extremely vocal minority.

B

Quote Originally Posted by jewelfang View Post
    TL has never responded to this "issue" in well over a year. You are persistant, I'll give you that.

What if TL made the decision to END the game at 100? I mean, once you hit 100, you stop gaining XP? Would you stop playing the game?
    You would still get weekly updates and everything, but you wouldn't be able to level up, because there would be no levels above 100.

This is just a thought exercise, because currently what they have implemented amounts to the same thing. Hundreds of games have level caps, you can't keep leveling up once you hit that cap. But you can do other things. Sometimes a game raises the cap, sometimes it stays the same for years.

Be careful what you wish for, as someone else already warned you. They might decide to cap the game at 99, like they did with some other games, and you could loose your lvl 100 that you dearly love.

They clearly have no intention of lowering xp the way you are asking, or adding levels above 100 at this time, or they would have responded to your constant posts over the last year or more. The game currently hard caps at 100, (and soft caps at 99). This isn't my opinion, this is a fact.

I've been 99 for a while, and don't care if I'm 99 forever, as long as they keep giving me good content each week. Now THAT is an opinion, but your desire to play the game just for levels is as well. Personally, I'd rather the TL focus their energy on improving the game for the majority of players (good weekly updates), than appeasing an extremely vocal minority.

B
    Quote Originally Posted by jewelfang View Post

B
    I like your suggestion about adding new or different content for higher levels in FS, like side rooms, second floor levels etc. I also like the idea of special offers for higher levels access to old content etc.

However, as a strategy player I will continue to pursue the request that I have made here on behalf of myself and the others that "like" to play the game with strategy. Strategy requires knowing and understanding the game aspects in order to accumulate as much xp as one can. It's pure and simple and not for everyone. I truly respect all "ways" of playing the game including just the decor aspect. Its just not how I choose to play.

"IF", the level was capped and xp could not be accumulated, as you suggest, would I still play the game? The answer to that question right now is "yes", but I would still play it in the same way. I have a die hard FS fan.

Does TL read the forum and/or listen to the suggestions? I don't know. What I do know is that there is a forum, and this suggestion reason was placed here for some reason so I am going to utilize it. My original request was made in 2012, it's almost two years old. It was pretty hard to make a request back then in 2012 with only two or three FS community members at level 100 and very few on level 99. That has changed significantly and will continue to do so over the rest of 2012. What better time then now to revisit the issue. I promised to those that play at this level that I would continue the requests.

Perhaps TeamLava Staff will review the issue and run the numbers. From a purely business standpoint it would be a wise position to run the numbers, do the math and take a long hard look at what a successful move it would be to seal in and keep some of its best paying "long term" proven customers. In the end with the game maker it's all about the financial aspect and the rewards to be reaped from it. This is a win/win for the game maker and the game player.

Obviously we live with whatever platform we are given. This space is here for suggestions, I have offered mine and will continue to re visit this issue. Call it whatever you will, I am tenacious and not a quitter so this is the right path to make the request. If I am lucky it will be heard. If not the game will be obsolete before I ever reach 101. It is just a game and not the end of the world. If there is a way to make improvements to it by way of this forum than all who wish to should speak out or live with it the way it is.

Executive Chef
    generally u accumulate items here, not xp

Quote Originally Posted by nky1111 View Post
    generally u accumulate items here, not xp
    XP is accumulated at level 100. There is a meter and there is a countdown as you accumulate it. You would be shocked at how many times I have completed 10,000,00 xp (requirement for level 99) in over two years on level 100. Its not appropriate to post that number here. However I can say that I have completed the level 99 requirement in excess of 5 times and it is possible to increase the xp amount as your shop ages and improves.

Just posted my support for Hannah's idea in the Discussions thread.

Changes that enhance the game to keep it interesting, fun, and equitable work for me. I'm at level 96 right now and want achievable goals, even if only level ups, in my future play.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast