Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skyward Chariot - Levels 289 - 294

Fashion Designer

Skyward Chariot - Levels 289 - 294

Phew finally some forward (or should i say upward) progress!

this new region looks like it has some new interesting takes on digging levels so far

Level 289... digging moves level with super dirt and white blocks

so as you can see the board is separated by 3 regions. The board won't move down until you clear an entire region. By the time you get to the last region, the entire board won't be visible yet, so it'll move down as you dig. so this first level wasn't too bad. I think it took me a couple tries to pass it.
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Host(ess)
    Hint: I'll be very interested to see what y'all have to say about 289, 290, and 293

Fashion Designer
    Level 290... timed digging level with super dirt and black jewels

this one is slightly harder than level 289 for me. i usually make it to the 3rd region and somewhat close to the goal line, but i always run out of time. but sometimes i don't even make it past the 1st region! not that easy to make special jewels to dig through the super dirt, and the black jewels aren't helping either. Nevertheless i'm having fun with this new style! still working on this
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by schnuffles View Post
    Hint: I'll be very interested to see what y'all have to say about 289, 290, and 293
    i think levels 289 and 290 feel like you have 3 mini digging levels in one! haha. In 289 i was desperately trying to make some vertical blasters to start digging past the goal line, but no dice!! i'll for sure try that if i ever get close to passing again

p.s. love your avatar pic!
    need help? send me a PM

Whoa! Those are some crazy designs! It'll be awhile before I get to see them firsthand, but these boards seem a little mind-blowing! :O I'm trying to visualize how they work, but guess I'm not getting it (that's okay--got a loooong way to go, lol! Besides, I may never get past 244--I'm SO stuck!)

Host(ess)
    I'm a big softy when it comes to our good friend Bean Dog

Keep up the good work, Jewelites (is that what we're called?)!

Fashion Designer
    Level 291... fire moves level with lock & chain and crates

There are 2 sets of lock & chain. One is in the center with 2 different colored locks both with counts of 24. So this will probably unlock first. The other set spans across the bottom of the board and has 2 different colored locks both with counts of 45 (these colors are always different from the other set of locks & chain). Again the colors of locks will change from round to round. after you unlock either of these 2 areas, the fire will not spread until you break one of the crates. each of my tries, i pretty much unlocked the middle first. then tried to contain the fire in the middle as much as possible, while trying to get the other lock & chain to unlock. i passed this by containing the fire to only the bottom row. And then i was able to make a horizontal blaster and get it to drop to the bottom row and then activate. I made my moves very carefully and methodically. i was just lucky to get the jewels in the right places to make that happen but this def took me more than a few tries
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 292... digging moves level with super dirt, restricted jewels, and white blocks

ooh pretty diagonal pattern all the jewels and dirt are making this level was fun for me because there were plenty of special jewel making opportunities: bombs, blasters, and diamonds. And you know, that's always fun! 14 meters felt like a long dig down, but i managed to get it down in a few tries. I got at least a few bomb + blaster combos, those were really effective in this level. I tried to focus my efforts on blasting the super dirt and even the restricted jewels. Releasing the restricted jewel area will allow you to have more of a playable board to create horizontal blasters, which you need to dig down through the layers of super dirt.
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 293... digging moves level with super dirt and snakes

another 3-parter digging level! this level was fun and challenging. when i got to the bottom region, i ****ed all the snakes and then it told me "Goal Complete!" i still had some super dirt leftover.. but before i ran out of moves, i was able to get rid of the last bits of dirt. so i'm not sure if i would've passed without breaking all the dirt in the last region right above the goal line.

oh well!! i'm just glad to have passed it

and of course had to make a lot of bomb+blasters to dig down and **** the snakes. one more level to go and i'll be on my way
    need help? send me a PM

Fashion Designer
    Level 294... timed fire level with crates

bleh fire again. tricky spots to get is the bottom row. i usually get the fire down to a few flames, but i haven't been able to make a bomb + blaster combo or diamond + blaster combo to get those hard to reach areas at the bottom. gotta move really fast since there's only 0:55 on the clock!!! i want to get a move on to the next region already!!!! but i had a lot of fun with the other digging levels in this region
    need help? send me a PM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast