Page 46 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3642434445464748495056 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story Theme Suggestions

New Resident
    lunar new year is near how about a lantern festival, its an outdoor activity with lots of lanterns n food kiosk

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by eeveldoll View Post
    darn it. the probability of them re-appearing will be close to zero then. sigh

cuz I have seen some eastern themed stuffs (like from japan, korea) in the market which are pretty but don't seem to reflect the CNY mood, or just too tacky to put up lol (this also applies for BS)

thanks so much for the info, though!(crossing my everything for a CNY goal lol)
    I really liked completing that goal at the time (I think it was 2014) so I hope they bring it back or do something similar for you!! I completely agree about all the Japanese and Korean themed stuff. Well I will keep my fingers crossed for you

I would like to see some hard shell tacos, maybe for Cinco de Mayo? You could have an appliance with beef, chicken, and fish kinds. Another idea is for summer you could have an appliance that serves pasta salad (the kind with a vinegrette, my favorite!), potato salad, and coleslaw.

Some individual recipe ideas are baked potato, rice pilaf, hummus, curly fries, waffle fries, au gratin potatoes, lasagna, wedding soup, BLT, tuna melt, pierogi, and submarine sandwiches.

Also, more desserts, colorful garnishes, and coffee! My favorite appliance is the coffee maker. It would be neat to see more coffee drinks when you guys do the drink machines.

Farm Supplier
    I'm not share if it's popular or not as the Persian new year (Nowruz) is held in few countries but it's a fantastic ceremony we have for the begining of the spring.
    We set a special theme and serve special foods. We have colorful and some traditional stuffs.
    As it hled in spring everything looks fresh with blossoms and flowers and trees.
    I would like to share it with you. Maybe I will work on it and help Storm8 to make it if they want.
    If you want I can share some photos of it in the future
    Last edited by Vici_10; 01-25-17 at 05:02 AM.

New Resident
    Just to reiterate, how about some Spring decor? Flowers, butterflies (lots of butterflies ...
    thanks

Something to do with ice cream rolls

First, thanks for the fantastic Valentine/charming goal!! Loved the new pink salmon colors and the pretty charming tables and chairs. Thanks go to the designers and art teams for the beautiful looking food! Future ideas: get started now on spring/Easter. Most of us like items ready to go 1 month prior. Here is my wish list:
    1) more cupcakes!! I often have a cupcake bar and would like some pink, lavendar, yellow or Easter cupcakes. Great examples are the St Patrick and Candy Corn ones!
    2) would like to see more unique frosted cookies on cake stands. Past ones were lavendar cookies, New Year cookies and some Christmas ones. Maybe a Mardi Gras or St Pat Cookies?
    3) If you could easily bring back the Celtic dancing girl stage, that would be awesome!
    Thanks for listening!! PS- Stormie is in desperate need of a new update- she is still in TGIV mode! Maybe a quick simple update each month with the major goal as it was done 3-4 years ago. Keep up the fabulous work for newcomers and old timers like me!! Joolie

Fashion Designer
    Children of the world. Kids in stereotypical clothing from different places. Or even children of the US, though the world is more interesting.

Couples of kids, boy and girl from each place. Every week, do a scene from different part of the world. Chinese kids, Russian kids, Mexican kids, Indian, Australian, American!!

But have the kids alone! Not in a scene and certainly not on grass. Those things on grass can be a pain to work in. It's easier to stick something on grass and have it blend than it is to stick something with grass on tile and have it blend.

How about an easter carnival theme and more saint pattys day items along with wall paper and flooring.

Executive Chef
    I like kayjco's idea of more standalones in various national attires (though i'm not sure if she meant "kids" as in all the characters seem kid-like, or she does actually want kids--i'd prefer regular sized adults!). and of course, i'm always a proponent of leaving the bases/floors for us to decide.

i love all international theme suggestions! even the ones s8 has done before, but especially the countries they haven't!

this is my theme suggestion: parade! i'm thinking for the 4th of july specifically, since it's getting a bit late for mardi gras now. i'd love to see the decor be parade content that's not too specific to any single holiday though, since as much as i love the big turkey float some of us have from old goals, it's really only for thanksgiving, and the alligator float past LTO i never bought because it was too mardi-gras specific. the phoebe clown float is good as an example of more general parade decor, but i haven't bought it just because it's phoebe and she's annoyingly omnipresent.

anyway, there's lots of parade options, plenty to run some July 4th goals: large floats, individual marching band members, big balloons with or without handlers, baton twirlers, cheerleaders, etc. we already have stuff that goes into a parade pretty well, but i love them, so i think it would be great to get more.