Page 48 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story Theme Suggestions

Moderator (volunteer) pixiegamer's Avatar

Woodland Mushroom Theme

Yes, yes, I'm aware we already have mushroom tables and chairs in RS... but we could definitely stand to have a few more mushroom recipes! Hence these suggestions

Tables, Chairs, and Counters

We already have the standard mushroom-shaped table (maybe two of them, if I'm not mistaken), so how about adding some variety with a woodland/fairytale-inspired theme? So the table could be a lovely wooden table with mushrooms growing up the sides. The chairs and counters could be similarly detailed:

Wallpaper

Something straight out of fantasy, like this, would go great with the already-existing mushroom and toadstool tables and chairs:

But a more natural wallpaper would also be great:

Flooring

As a complementary floor tile, loamy soil would be nice, versatile addition. Or, more in-keeping with the mushroom theme, an earthy floor spotted with wild mushrooms would be great, and really add to the woodland/forest atmosphere:

Wall Decor

I found this cute little mushroom lamp online which would also lend itself nicely to the fairytale elements of this theme The lights themselves are affixed to a piece of driftwood:

Alternatively, we could get mushrooms on a moss bed growing out of the wall (talk about quick farm-to-table, eh?)

Floor Decor

A Fairy Ring would be an obvious tie-in to a mushroom theme:

But they could also feature in some really nice planters and fallen logs, to create a great atmosphere:

Truffle hunting could also tie into this theme (maybe with a piggy since we already have multiple dogs in RS):

And, tying it back to a restaurant, we could get a chef with a mushroom hat! (Side note: chef hats are also called mushroom hats, so this would be a great pun )

Recipes

The recipes that inspired this post! There are quite a few mushroom recipes that could be brought to RS, including the following:
    • Mushroom Flatbread (This is pretty popular in quite a few restaurants nowadays):

• Truffle Risotto

• Duxelles Crostini

Note: if we get this, please serve it in something like the following, rather than a sheet pan:

• Cream of Mushroom Soup (again, served in a nice soup dish please, rather than a stove pot)

• Mushroom Salad

• Chicken Marsala

Thanks in advance if any of this makes it in
    ~ Forum Moderator for Bakery Story and Restaurant Story ~

Bakery Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Help Me I Have a Question
    Restaurant Story Quick Links: Game Guide | Master Box Guide | Bugs & Issues | Goal Prize Re-Locking Bug | Help Me I Have a Question
    Need Me? Send me a PM
    Having an issue with your game? Contact Storm8 Support
    Forum Rules: Check Here!
    ~ Gentle Reminder: Mods are players, just like you! I am not a Storm8 Employee ~

Quote Originally Posted by pixiegamer View Post
    Yes, yes, I'm aware we already have mushroom tables and chairs in RS... but we could definitely stand to have a few more mushroom recipes! Hence these suggestions

Tables, Chairs, and Counters

We already have the standard mushroom-shaped table (maybe two of them, if I'm not mistaken), so how about adding some variety with a woodland/fairytale-inspired theme? So the table could be a lovely wooden table with mushrooms growing up the sides. The chairs and counters could be similarly detailed:

Wallpaper

Something straight out of fantasy, like this, would go great with the already-existing mushroom and toadstool tables and chairs:

But a more natural wallpaper would also be great:

Flooring

As a complementary floor tile, loamy soil would be nice, versatile addition. Or, more in-keeping with the mushroom theme, an earthy floor spotted with wild mushrooms would be great, and really add to the woodland/forest atmosphere:

Wall Decor

I found this cute little mushroom lamp online which would also lend itself nicely to the fairytale elements of this theme The lights themselves are affixed to a piece of driftwood:

Alternatively, we could get mushrooms on a moss bed growing out of the wall (talk about quick farm-to-table, eh?)

Floor Decor

A Fairy Ring would be an obvious tie-in to a mushroom theme:

But they could also feature in some really nice planters and fallen logs, to create a great atmosphere:

Truffle hunting could also tie into this theme (maybe with a piggy since we already have multiple dogs in RS):

And, tying it back to a restaurant, we could get a chef with a mushroom hat! (Side note: chef hats are also called mushroom hats, so this would be a great pun )

Recipes

The recipes that inspired this post! There are quite a few mushroom recipes that could be brought to RS, including the following:
    • Mushroom Flatbread (This is pretty popular in quite a few restaurants nowadays):

• Truffle Risotto

• Duxelles Crostini

Note: if we get this, please serve it in something like the following, rather than a sheet pan:

• Cream of Mushroom Soup (again, served in a nice soup dish please, rather than a stove pot)

• Mushroom Salad

• Chicken Marsala

Thanks in advance if any of this makes it in
    To be honest I do not like mushrooms irl but I really like this theme idea. It's really cute and the fantasy wallpaper is beautiful. This theme has my vote lol
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Farm Supplier
    Halloween please😎😍❤️

Since Storm8 has done a Return to New York theme which seems to be a success amongst the players, the only complaint I have seen is the duplicate Empire State Building, how about a Return to San Francisco. I missed the original goals and would love to have it revisted since CA is my home state. Or maybe visit a country that hasnt been visited yet.
    BS- No longer accepting neighbors

⭐We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams - Gene Wilder (Willy Wonka)⭐

Fashion Designer
    Invisible Man. Clear tables, clear chairs. Sunglasses candy, hat cake, and rippled sheet candy for treats. Plain white (or clear) counters.

Required parts could include suit jacket, clear parts.

It'd be fun.

Fashion Designer
    Titanic. The ship. The sinking. Little black stoves with trim in white. Another made of ice. Collect warning messages, binoculars, life vests. Food that was served on the ship and maybe a cake shaped like a steam funnel. Water (very still water) tiles. Black wall tile with almost imperceptible clear ice at the bottom. The ship itself for a final prize.

Half-people to put in the water.

Everyone likes that story. And there is the "Oh, they built the ship Titanic" children's song for wording.

There are so many fun ideas. I almost wish I knew computers and could start my own game to play them.

May: Foggy! Like fog (attaches to walls) and a light house and ship!

June: Runners, joggers, and green trees. Just trees! So I can swap out my trees each season! Love trees. A pool!

July: board walk fair and games and put some of those boxes on sale and bring back those sale items!

Please and thank you and koodos to the artist! The recent work has been great. That bridge is very high quality.

Umm ok thought of a theme. I really like outdoor stuff that I can change to reflect the seasons.

I'm wondering if you could make different grasses, and maybe floor tiles that have a straight (dirt, gravel) path and then one that has a 1/4 curve and apply the rotation to it so you could create curvy or straight roads/paths.

Then maybe do a dirt bike or mountain bike theme. A running theme. Horse back riding theme.

Like a summer of fun outdoor activities maybe even some cool water tiles and some swimmers.

Maybe some rain, fog that attaches along the walls and more trees. Just plain trees. We already have great hedges for horse jumping or edging paths but we could use some summer trees.

The art work on the fall, late fall and winter trees has been terrific so if that artist is still around (hopefully!) maybe get an oak or something like the others. Would be great for pulling out the barbecue, fire pit, fishing guy, camp tents and other cool outdoor gear.

Anyway whatever you guys do is cool. 😎

I still think that you should do a drive in movie theme or goal. Like with a giant movie tv screen and sleeping bags with ppl eating popcorn. Then serve different types of nachos such as cheesey nachos with peppers and pizza nachos and even chili cheese nachos. For drinks, there can be like different types of slushies like pink lemonade and blue rasberry and cola. Then for wallpaper you can use nightime with stars and grass with sand for flooring. Then for wall decorations try Disney's movie posters like lion king or minions or even hello kitty.
    Last edited by sassieyangel23; 05-18-17 at 02:10 AM.

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by sassieyangel23 View Post
    I still think that you should do a drive in movie theme or goal. Like with a giant movie tv screen and sleeping bags with ppl eating popcorn. Then serve different types of nachos such as cheesey nachos with peppers and pizza nachos and even chili cheese nachos. For drinks, there can be like different types of slushies like pink lemonade and blue rasberry and cola. Then for wallpaper you can use nightime with stars and grass with sand for flooring. Then for wall decorations try Disney's movie posters like lion king or minions or even hello kitty.
    I literally was just thinking of adding. Drive- in movie theme.

Prizes:
    Drive-In Screen
    Snack Bar
    Speaker w/stand beside cars
    Cars: Offer more than one kind Possibly one with fogged up windows
    Could also do tables as cars
    People wandering around
    Parking space flooring or gravel
    Dark night with trees and stars for wallpaper

As far as recipes, why not a high end snack bar.
    You know similar to a 4 & 5 Star restaurant or a high end Dinner Theater.