Page 45 of 63 FirstFirst ... 3541424344454647484955 ... LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Story Theme Suggestions

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by silkemm View Post
    I have yet to see German stuff and i'm German! (And yes i know theres a flag but thats it)
    silkemm is right. The game needs German themed recipes and decor. It would add more international variety. Since the game doesn't have this theme yet, it would be cool if they did it for an update in the near future. Some recipe suggestions:

-Bratwurst
    -Schnitzel
    -German Potato Salad
    -Apple Strudel
    -Black Forest Cake
    -German Pancake
    Last edited by christmastree1225; 01-25-17 at 08:06 AM.
    Proud owner of the Village Cafe.

I'm wondering if we can have refrigerators instead of stoves sometime. You guys have had a lot of stove themes but now would be great to break out the jello mounds and have some cool fridgies! 🖖🏾🤓

Heck go crazy add a freezer!

Rhino Keeper
    Hailing from Malaysia!

Just gonna post this here as I'm not entirely sure where this is supposed to be. Maybe it won't even be considered cuz it will be rather specific (how my family celebrates) but hey, at least I tried

I'm really hoping that there will be some Chinese New Year decor or recipes out soon as it falls on 28th Jan! It's my favourite festival and always brings back a lot of nostalgia.. and food. Definitely food.

If there is going to be a new appliance, I hope that the following will be considered!!

Recipe / Meal Suggestions

1) "Yee Sang" or Prosperity Toss
    2) "Mee Sua" or Longevity Noodles in Chicken Broth (and it is not "mee sua" if rice wine is not added )
    3) Hard boiled eggs painted red! (in a basket!)
    4) Fish / Prawn Crackers with Acar (Acar is a Sarawakian-style pickle mix of cucumbers & carrots in a sweet, sour and spicy sauce, and it goes best when eaten with deep fried fish / prawn crackers)
    5) "Tang Yuan" or Glutinous Rice Balls (optionally filled with sweet/savoury fillings, or plain) in sweet soup (like syrup that's been watered down) - I actually prefer the other version of this, which is plain glutinous rice balls coated with crushed ground peanuts and sugar mix.
    6) "Nian Gao" or Sticky Rice Cake (normally sliced to squares, lightly coated with egg and deep fried)

For decor, I would love to have the following (maybe it's already in the inventory, please forgive me)

1) Elders giving children red packets (with money in them, of course! )
    2) Children wearing "cheongsam" (chinese traditional dress for girls) and "changsan" (for the boys) and playing with sparklers
    3) Rooster and/or Hen pairing (Year of the Rooster! )
    4) Golden eggs (again, year of the rooster! )
    5) Red packets strung on potted plants
    6) Fishes (for good luck, good health, long life..etc)
    7) Mandarin oranges / kumquats in baskets with red packets fanning out from the bottom
    8) Blossoming willow tree in beautiful tall vases
    9) Red firecrakers hanging on string
    10) Lion dance with the band
    11) Chinese words like "wealth" and "prosperity" in red paper cutouts for the walls

It would be even more awesome if Bakery Story also has a CNY update..but that could also be wishful thinking heh

Just a shout out to my neighbours who reads the forum: HELLO! My Restaurant - Anywhere; Bakery - 3 pm.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 12-30-16 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Removed 3rd party link - against forum rules

Host(ess)
    I would love to have a Danish theme, there isn't even a Danish flag ��

Host(ess)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbig22 View Post
    I would love to have a Danish theme, there isn't even a Danish flag ��
    Maybe they could introduce new world flags. I'm from America, but I agree with the many players who believe it is unfair to not have their flags. There are many countries that play these games besides the few flags they have. Not fair.
    Proud owner of the Village Cafe.

How a out a rainy day theme with kids splashing in ouddles and people walking in the rain.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by eeveldoll View Post
    Hailing from Malaysia!

Just gonna post this here as I'm not entirely sure where this is supposed to be. Maybe it won't even be considered cuz it will be rather specific (how my family celebrates) but hey, at least I tried

I'm really hoping that there will be some Chinese New Year decor or recipes out soon as it falls on 28th Jan! It's my favourite festival and always brings back a lot of nostalgia.. and food. Definitely food.

If there is going to be a new appliance, I hope that the following will be considered!!

Recipe / Meal Suggestions

1) "Yee Sang" or Prosperity Toss
    2) "Mee Sua" or Longevity Noodles in Chicken Broth (and it is not "mee sua" if rice wine is not added )
    3) Hard boiled eggs painted red! (in a basket!)
    4) Fish / Prawn Crackers with Acar (Acar is a Sarawakian-style pickle mix of cucumbers & carrots in a sweet, sour and spicy sauce, and it goes best when eaten with deep fried fish / prawn crackers)
    5) "Tang Yuan" or Glutinous Rice Balls (optionally filled with sweet/savoury fillings, or plain) in sweet soup (like syrup that's been watered down) - I actually prefer the other version of this, which is plain glutinous rice balls coated with crushed ground peanuts and sugar mix.
    6) "Nian Gao" or Sticky Rice Cake (normally sliced to squares, lightly coated with egg and deep fried)

For decor, I would love to have the following (maybe it's already in the inventory, please forgive me)

1) Elders giving children red packets (with money in them, of course! )
    2) Children wearing "cheongsam" (chinese traditional dress for girls) and "changsan" (for the boys) and playing with sparklers
    3) Rooster and/or Hen pairing (Year of the Rooster! )
    4) Golden eggs (again, year of the rooster! )
    5) Red packets strung on potted plants
    6) Fishes (for good luck, good health, long life..etc)
    7) Mandarin oranges / kumquats in baskets with red packets fanning out from the bottom
    8) Blossoming willow tree in beautiful tall vases
    9) Red firecrakers hanging on string
    10) Lion dance with the band
    11) Chinese words like "wealth" and "prosperity" in red paper cutouts for the walls

It would be even more awesome if Bakery Story also has a CNY update..but that could also be wishful thinking heh

Just a shout out to my neighbours who reads the forum: HELLO! My Restaurant - Anywhere; Bakery - 3 pm.
    We have previously had Chinese New Year themes so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one but you never know maybe they could bring back the old CNY goals for those who weren't playing then?

Rhino Keeper
    How about Valentine's Day?? Would be really great!!! Thanks

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by themusicloverme View Post
    They already did a clue theme, I think that was in March 2015.
    Many new players since March 2015!!

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by vladfindme View Post
    We have previously had Chinese New Year themes so I wouldn't hold my breath on that one but you never know maybe they could bring back the old CNY goals for those who weren't playing then?
    darn it. the probability of them re-appearing will be close to zero then. sigh

cuz I have seen some eastern themed stuffs (like from japan, korea) in the market which are pretty but don't seem to reflect the CNY mood, or just too tacky to put up lol (this also applies for BS)

thanks so much for the info, though!(crossing my everything for a CNY goal lol)