Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast

Thread: Castle 6-27-2013 Update - The Dragon Egg

Nightclub Owner
    I've updated the second post with more info. Let me know if anything is missing
    Have a Castle Story question? Check this thread to see if it's already been answered. For reference info check here and here. Info on goals is here.

Rhino Keeper
    I finally managed to get the diamond from the deep mines. I fear that is the easiest of the three rare drop goals

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by newzealander View Post
    It seems to me that TL are concentrating too hard on the top 5% or so of players that would be on level 30, have cleared all land, and be well and truly powering through the Trials. Most players do not belong to this forum. Most players do not have the means to gather the hundreds of silver it will need to make 10 mithral, even if they eventually get an egg. Most players do not have money to spend on gems to keep up with cooking and collecting to maintain adventures, as well as building and upgrading to have Level 5 libraries to collect rare books. To make so many of these new items "rare" and "random" just makes a joke out of all the hard work that goes ino getting this far.

i fully support that there is SOME fun random item in the game, like the alicorn horn that I have been chasing for months, but I think TL have gone too far. Now there is too much luck and randomness involved, with no certainty that regular playing and strategy will have gains.

I vowed I would continue with the game because of that elusive alicorn horn. Now even that doesn't seem special because its one of so many random things going on. Who is playing games here, TL? Us or you?
    I don't know how to put it in a nice way so pardon me if I offend you.

IMHO, TL is going in the right direction catering to the top 5% of the players. This is because there are already 200 plus goals in the game that can cater to all players at different stages of the game. The only group that will be alienated will be the pioneers and veterans who run out of things to do. These people are the most likely to quit out of boredom.

Bearing in mind that whatever that is released will eventually be reachable by those not as advance players, TL should will focus on the end game. However, the dragon egg update is indeed a bit over****ed. While the randomness is still bearable, the start of the chain quest should not be dependant on a random drop. I hope this will be the one and only update that is of this nature. Imagine waiting for a long time for an update but when the update comes, you can only enjoy it base on your luck. That's no good at all.

Executive Chef
    Replying some questions:

Mithrill is not as rare as it used to be before, deep mines drop relative "often".
    Castle story can be played through without spending money on it, just playing with all games that come as quest, you will earn enough gems for buying necessary things like Apple tree.

Only thing that you have to play often with it, better play on your phone, spending your energy every 2 hours.

New Resident
    I have a dragon egg, but i cant make a net or use metril. Did i miss an update?
    Last edited by MiniLaura; 07-01-13 at 11:16 AM. Reason: duplicate post deleted

I got a dragon egg from the roost, and a manticore egg at the same time!!
    This is after a couple of weeks of nothing lucky happening in my kingdom, so it's about time!

I wonder if lvl 2 library is high enough?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by evangelina812 View Post
    Whe do you get it? The Forgotten Roost? The Knight's Hall? Where??? I want it!
    Where is it seems to be a popular question? I got the pop up saying he was spotted but I can't find him. Even if I do what then? I had the pop up once and got a manticore to incubate and hatch now I get the pop up again but nothing in goals to forge it in the incubator. Could he just be anywhere and you go blind looking for it?

Rhino Keeper
    Found it in the Forge..says to use forge heat and button is greyed out.

Rhino Keeper
    There's also a chest with a question mark...?

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by ggfdddgh View Post
    I got a dragon egg from the roost, and a manticore egg at the same time!!
    This is after a couple of weeks of nothing lucky happening in my kingdom, so it's about time!

I wonder if lvl 2 library is high enough?
    I have 4 level 5 and 1 level 3. Doesn't seem to be a difference.

Page 9 of 95 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131959 ... LastLast