Page 78 of 100 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast

Thread: Farm Story 2- Current Bugs and Issues (Thread 1)

Grand Emperor
    That's so sweet of you to help them to report. Please let me know if they're still unable to get in. I got into those games that you've mentioned.

Fashion Designer
    Anyone else having trouble getting feathers? Three pens of chickens, collected ,no feathers next time two! Not fun!

Grand Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by fish63 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble getting feathers? Three pens of chickens, collected ,no feathers next time two! Not fun!
    I'm afraid we all are having trouble with feathers. See event thread. https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....t-July-28-2016

Executive Chef
    The Apple Store claims this game is 104 mb. How come the current size of my game is 1.3 GB? That is seriously huge. I can shrink it by reinstalling but it doesn't take long to get back to huge size.

Why is it so big and is there any way I can permanently reduce its size?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by mymummy789 View Post
    The Apple Store claims this game is 104 mb. How come the current size of my game is 1.3 GB? That is seriously huge. I can shrink it by reinstalling but it doesn't take long to get back to huge size.

Why is it so big and is there any way I can permanently reduce its size?
    Since the latest event started the game is painfully slow to run. I have put away animated decorations and even stored a few pets but it has made no difference. I guess my iPad mini is just to small to cope with the massive size of this game so I guess I will have to say goodbye again.

Maybe you should consider giving users the option to stop animations? Or consider why the size of this game is three times the size of another, heavily animated game I play with no problem at all?

Grand Emperor
    See below post with regards to game size. I'm still checking for you to see if there's a permanent way to reduce it. I know reinstallation helps but it grows over time as you said. Some members tried reducing the number of neighbours when they had close to a thousand and that helped. I'm not sure if your device may be affected by the latest IOS 10 which is 1 GB. Some found their devices running heavier in general. There are some suggestions you may like to try, if you havent, under Device Performance in https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....=1#post1301035.

Quote Originally Posted by [S8] Elsa
    When you initially download the game, you download the base images, animations, sounds, etc. When you encounter new images through game progress, content updates, and visiting the images are cached so that you're not downloading an image every time you encounter it. It's for performance and efficiency. This is common for online apps that receive regular updates.

You can clear cache to delete the cache.

Executive Chef
    Thanks for the info. Unless iOS 10 has changed anything I don't think I can clear the cache (only way at the moment is to delete and reinstall.

I haven't upgraded to iOS 10 yet. It's sitting waiting but hasn't prompted me yet! I will look into the neighbours though and see if it helps.

The Honorable Panda
    Thanks for the info. Unless iOS 10 has changed anything I don't think I can clear the cache (only way at the moment is to delete and reinstall.

I haven't upgraded to iOS 10 yet. It's sitting waiting but hasn't prompted me yet! I will look into the neighbours though and see if it helps.
    On your device go to settings-safari-scroll down to "Clear History and Website Data"

This should clear your cache.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

Grand Emperor

Sorry to say there's no way to reduce it. I hope clearing your cache and lessening your neighbours will help somewhat. All the best!

Quote Originally Posted by SparklyOctopus
    The 104 MB is for installing the game. Once you run the game and add more items to your board, your device saves the images and items hence the large amount of 1.3 GB. Unfortunately, there is no way to reduce the size.
    Last edited by Rynetory2; 09-26-16 at 09:25 PM.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kooky panda View Post
    On your device go to settings-safari-scroll down to "Clear History and Website Data"

This should clear your cache.
    This doesn't actually have an effect on apps.