Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Koi Kingdom - Levels 265 - 270

Fashion Designer

Koi Kingdom - Levels 265 - 270

i am puzzled by the look of this region. i thought it would look more koi pondy but it looks more like a cluster of buildings. but when you play a level, there's a really pretty koi fish in the background

Level 265... digging moves level with super dirt and doom jewels

the doom jewels at the start screen range from 15, 20, and 25. but BEWARE! more doom jewels will drop in as you play with varying counts (10 and <10). most of the digging will be through super dirt, so make lots of those blasters and bombs. i passed this on my first try and i managed to evade all the doom jewels from detonating! yay. oh another note: if you finish before you run out of moves, you have to keep playing until you run out of moves, so doom jewels will continue to drop in. keep an eye on those doom jewels!

Fashion Designer
    Level 266... digging moves level with super dirt, white blocks, stone jewels, restricted jewels, and doom jewels

wow 100 moves to dig down 15 meters! i passed this on the first try by creating lots of special jewels and making sure i got rid of all the doom jewels that drop in. the timer on the doom jewels that drop in is around 10 and <10. i focused on blasting down the super dirt and releasing the restricted jewels, but i didn't pay too much attention to the stone jewels. this level was pretty fun and i ended up with a lot of leftover moves, but i still had to worry about getting rid of the surprise doom jewels.

Fashion Designer
    Level 267... timed fire level with walls

1:00 on the clock to get rid of all the fire. this one took me like 4 tries to pass it. there are lots of match making opportunities. so just try to get a good control of the fire early on. the only troublesome region is the bottom row in the middle, below the gap on the board. but definitely doable.

the next level is a digging one with lock & chain, but i can't try it right now or post because i am going to dinner have a good summer solstice weekend everyone!!

I love your un-"koi pondy" description, Aileeni! And wow, 266 is a very cool-looking level!

Fashion Designer
    Level 268... digging moves level with lock & chain, super dirt, black jewels, and doom jewels

the most challenging part is to unlock the lock & chain by making enough matches of the color locks. there are two different colored locks with a count of 45 each. the colors of the locks will change from round to round, so take note of the colors you should be focusing on. on the start screen you'll barely see which color locks you have, but the count on them won't be visible. so you won't really know how many more matches you need to make until you dig down through the dirt and super dirt. but once you dig down, you have less area of a board to make matches on. so you probably don't want to dig down right away. with 50 moves, it's pretty tight. so i'd focus on the colors of the locks and also making special jewels to dig through the super dirt. (hmm i think doom jewels drop in too) so you'll also be busy wasting moves on trying to get rid of those.

Fashion Designer
    Level 269... fire moves level with lock & chain

this unlocking the lock & chain in this level is also very challenging. and then once you finally get it to unlock the fire is difficult to get rid of. this took me many tries. only advice is to focus on the colors of the locks. but you'll find those colors to be sparse in most rounds. good luck!

Fashion Designer
    Level 270... digging moves level with super dirt, restricted jewels, white blocks, and surprise doom jewels

last level of Koi Kingdom! i know this level looks like it's straight forward but with 75 moves and 16 meters to dig down, it's actually not that easy. it's hard to make special jewels and have them in the right spots that you need them. the closest i've gotten is 14/16 meters and i made a ton of diamonds in that round. i would've passed but for a doom jewel detonating on me!! grrrrr. every single other round i've been able to keep the doom jewels at bay. so just keep your eye out on those doom jewels that drop in and try to make lots of special jewels.

Fashion Designer
    So glad that I learned something in the precious island about swapping 2 diamonds together, it could be really useful in this island. Not only clearing the dirts but also Put off the fire, with special "granpa old "Yes".
    I'm on 270 now.... Not much stars I earned here, 2 of each only, next time if I finish all island I'll be glad to try again.

Hi finnth, wow are you moving fast! I wanted to clarify something about fire & 2 diamonds. On the previous island, I posted that swapping 2 diamonds will clear all dirt/super dirt onscreen in a digging level. But I read a post (I'll have to look for it,) that said the same move was pretty in-effective for fire. If you have lots of jewels touching the flames it'll work pretty good, but a big fire pit or a row of fire separated by a "window" or other barrier would probably not get extinguished. I'll find that post & put a link to it here in a bit... But I'm sorry to say, old gramps might not be all-powerful, lol! For fire, it might just be better to use the diamonds one-at-a-time...

Hi again, finnth! Here's the post I mentioned about using 2 diamonds for fire. Maybe it works differently on various levels, though...have you tried it with fire yet? Be sure to let us know how it works for you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast