Page 162 of 167 FirstFirst ... 62112152158159160161162163164165166 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 1669

Thread: Feature Overview: Battle Arena Ying Yang Dragon

Quote Originally Posted by sand View Post
    JUST UNDER 7 HOURS LEFT!

If you're in the last 4 rounds, you need to step it up so Yin Yang doesn't get away.
    Time to stop looking at what dragons other people got lucky with. At the beginning of the general Battle Arena thread is a guide to color strengths and weaknesses. USE IT. IT'S THE REAL DEAL. But make sure you're using it properly. You must compare ALL your dragon's colors against ALL the opponent's colors. The primary color's only special significance is that it determines what kind of magic attack will be used. It's for visual effect only. Pick the best color combo you have with the highest rarity. Short of an Ultimate attack, that's the best you can do.
    Time to stop worrying about combos. It doesn't matter whether you use bash, magic or both.
    Time to stop worrying about level. Mind you, this only applies if your opponent is at least 8 levels higher than your highest level dragon. Colors and rarity are everything at this stage of the tournament.
    Time to stop worrying about exhausting dragons. It's gonna happen. This is the end-game. Use them now; heal them later.
    Use the color guide to decide NOW which dragons you will use for these last 4 opponents: Mask(black-pink) Light(white) Poison(purple-green) YinYang(black-white). That way you don't burn out your round 30 dragons in round 28.

If you have more than 4 rounds to go, you may need to spend some gold to speed the gates, since you probably won't beat every opponent with just one battle. Ultimate attack? I dunno. How many of those can you reasonably do? I'm hoping you won't need it. If you do, don't use it until you've already done 2 attacks. 30 gold guarantees one win; the same gold speeds 7-8 battles -- 7-8 chances to win.

Best of luck, warriors. Don't give up until it's over. Luck can change in a minute. Fight to the very end!
    Thank you for this! I had no idea that there were strengths/weaknesses for dragon types. It could have saved me many exhausted dragons. Thanks to seeing this post of yours i did complete the tournament successfully!

Fashion Designer
    has anyone notice that the ultimate has gone back to 6 gold from 30 gold, and the speed up arena from 4 gold to 1 gold.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by kms899 View Post
    has anyone notice that the ultimate has gone back to 6 gold from 30 gold, and the speed up arena from 4 gold to 1 gold.
    Because yy is gone

NOBODY actually has 5 full days for their tournament. TeamLava really should make this clear to players!

The timer on the tournament is misleading because each time, the contest starts at Noon or later, in TL's time zone. But when reset time comes 9 to 12 hours later at their midnight, the timer displays 4 days. The most time any player gets is 4.5 days, because the first half-day is counted as a full day. Furthermore, since the clock doesn't display the hours until the very last day, one moment it seems you have 2 days left, then the game resets a minute later and you have just under 24 hours.

The individual time zones of players would have no effect on when your contest starts and ends. Tournament 1 - Test 3 started somewhere near midday Thursday and ended at midnight Monday, TL time. In my time zone, that would have started around 3pm Thursday and ended 3am Tuesday. Even though we are all in different time zones, the tournament would have started and ended simultaneously for all testers.

I'm not fond of the common start myself because many players don't even realize that they are in it until hours (even days) after it has started. I had the same objection to the Spin to Win feature. I upgraded my game to find myself with a Wheel that had only "2 days" left, (which became 24 hours only a few hours later).
    There are players who stopped playing the arena once they had crafted a Leviathan, and were not aware that they were selected to test Tournament until the tournament was well under way.

Rhino Keeper
    Its summer and people are out on weekends some of them with no internet access, I ve read posts people complaining about stupid vacations. I understand frustration of being faced up to the goal which ends in less then 2 or 3 days. it would be better if tournament started individually for all players starting count down from the time they logged in

Rhino Keeper
    NOBODY actually has 5 full days for their tournament. TeamLava really should make this clear to players!
    The individual time zones of players would have no effect on when your contest starts and ends. Tournament 1 - Test 3 started somewhere near midday Thursday and ended at midnight Monday, TL time. In my time zone, that would have started around 3pm Thursday and ended 3am Tuesday. Even though we are all in different time zones, the tournament would have started and ended simultaneously for all testers .
    Yes, simultaneously, but due to time zones some players have less time than others.
    For example, when there's midnight in TL time zone, here in my zone - 11 am.
    People in TL's time zones had almost full Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday till midnight. 5 days and 4 nights.
    Tournament started when here was 11 pm, night, I was sleeping and saw red flags only Friday morning. So, I have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and a night. 4 days and 5 nights for me. Normal people are sleeping in the nights, so I have 4 days to fight, when TL has almost 5 days

Quote Originally Posted by OlkaDragons View Post
    Yes, simultaneously, but due to time zones some players have less time than others.
    For example, when there's midnight in TL time zone, here in my zone - 11 am.
    People in TL's time zones had almost full Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday till midnight. 5 days and 4 nights.
    Tournament started when here was 11 pm, night, I was sleeping and saw red flags only Friday morning. So, I have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and a night. 4 days and 5 nights for me. Normal people are sleeping in the nights, so I have 4 days to fight, when TL has almost 5 days
    That's not a time-zone issue. If you sleep the same number of hours as the person across the globe who started the tournament while you were asleep, will you not be later active while that person is asleep? People in TL's time zone had HALF of Thursday. For hundreds of players, the final hours of the tournament passed while they were asleep in what were bright morning hours for you.

I don't know WHEN "normal" people sleep; but when I walk into a hospital emergency room in the middle of the night, I trust I'll be in the hands of normal, capable and alert people who have managed to get enough sleep during daylight hours. I'm even bold enough to hope that the surgeon will set aside his iPhone in the middle of a Dragon Story tournament to save my sorry life.

Rhino Keeper
    That's not a time-zone issue. If you sleep the same number of hours as the person across the globe who started the tournament while you were asleep, will you not be later active while that person is asleep?
    Not America is asleep, I'm active, but tournament is already over.
    Let's set aside such cases with hospitals and people who work at night.
    To make difference clear let's take those people who wake up in 11 am and go to bed in 11.59 pm. Such people in TL zone got full Thursday and full Monday, and in my zone such people got only 4 full days.
    I understand that some people get up earlier than others and go to bed earlier. But I just wanted to say that 4 days/5 nights is not equal to 5 days/4 nights. In first case people spend more hours sleeping. So with common start there are people who get 5 full days of fight existed. And people who get only 4 full days are existed too. And the most get something in the middle, 4.5 days of playing in common.

Quote Originally Posted by teogionia View Post
    Its summer and people are out on weekends some of them with no internet access, I ve read posts people complaining about stupid vacations. I understand frustration of being faced up to the goal which ends in less then 2 or 3 days. it would be better if tournament started individually for all players starting count down from the time they logged in
    I myself was on a vacation trip during my tournament and without internet much of the time. Let's just say it didn't come at the best time. Still, there's no perfect time for everybody. It would be optimal from a player's point of view if the tournament ran its allotted time from the moment each individual logged in. However, that would not allow TL to complete the different tournaments or test sessions in a timely fashion. Some players would complete their 4-5 day cycle before others even started.

Perhaps the solution is TWO timers: (1) A universal timer that allows a tournament "season" to start and end simultaneously for everyone that expires in 7 days; and (2) an individual tournament timer triggered by game login that runs a full 5 days (120 hours).

For those players who are on the opposite side of the globe to TeamLava: Your predicament is no different to someone in TL's time zone who was at work when the tournament started, had a long ride home, took care of dinner, kids, work-out, social obligations or whatever, tumbled into bed exhausted to discover that her arena is in tournament mode and has been that way for hours, but she's too exhausted to do much with it before she's out cold. If she's lucky, she may get an hour or two next morning before heading out; maybe a few minutes at lunch... We all have lives. We play when we can, whether we're adults or kids. A camping trip could mean you miss the tournament (or retiring dragons) It's a game, eh?

Fashion Designer
    I myself didn't notice the tourney until halfway through the first day either. And I had some frantic patches of time when I thought I wasn't going to make it. On the last night I even found myself staying up way later than normal so I could get a few more battles under my belt. The fact is, life is still happening and everyone had periods of time that it was not convenient to be on DS slaying dragons. That's why I ended up having to speed up several battles on the last day. It's a choice to devote the time to it for a special dragon. The timer can't stop or be tailored to everyone's individual situation and time zone. So you adjust... If you make it great. If not then life is still going on. Jake even stated that these tourneys were designed for players that check the game all day and not players that don't have time/inclination to do so. It was kinda fun to be on such a limited time and if I didn't win it I would have only myself to blame and not time restrictions or time zone issues.