Thread: IOS game crashing - will removing decor help?

Executive Chef

Question IOS game crashing - will removing decor help?

I play on iPod 4, latest software update, and most up to date DS version

I am level 118, fully expanded, full quota of habitats, with 114 dragons. I have the battle arena and, since yesterday, the quest outpost. I have all the dragon boost buildings, 1 healing pool, 1 stable, 1 trading portal and 1 spell shop.

My island is fairly extensively decorated.

My problem is that once I have collected from all my habitats, completed a battle and harvested and replanted my crops, by the time I reach my breeding den 8 out of 10 times my game crashes. It is nothing to do with visiting neighbours because I rarely do!! My guess is that my islands are too full of animations and the game cannot cope. (I have a second account on my android phone and am unable to visit my IOS islands as it causes my android game to freeze).

My question is - will removing all unnecessary decorations improve the game play? I would rather not, obviously, but if it means my game stops force-closing itself I will do it.

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Hi Mummy789! You're correct, the more animations and items you have on your board the more resources the game requires, which can cause issues on older devices. I checked your game and noted your Breeding Den is functioning correctly. Please try as you suggested and clear some space to see if this improves the gameplay. If this does not help, please let me know.

Executive Chef
    thanks for the reply. I will have a clear up tomorrow and see what happens. (I didn't think it was the breeding den. I just tend to do everything else on my islands before sorting out the eggs )

Executive Chef
    Well, I've removed just about all the unnecessary decorations (such boring islands now ). Game still crashes after a while - maybe it lasts a bit longer than it did before.

I am worried that my dragon story days may be numbered. I don't consider my ipod to be "old". It is sad that you do, and that in all probability, the bigger this game gets, the more it will crash and I will have to say goodbye which will be a great shame as I love my dragons

I don't suppose it is possible to have a "reduced animation" option for those of us whose devices can't keep up?

Executive Chef
    sad to report that my game is now crashing even more than before. I think my DS days are numbered