Thread: What is the point of goals?

What is the point of goals?

Can someone help me understand the point of completing goals? Most of the goals I've seen require you to spend more money than you get from completing those goals. Furthermore, they don't give you much exp anyways. Doesn't seem wise to me to try and complete the goals.

Rhino Keeper
    Hmm, goals are there to keep u occupied.

What level are you?
    Lower level player might feel unnecessary to do goal because they are busy enough in cooking and earning coins. Unless some goals set up for beginners as Gram-Gram or birthday party goals, the other seem inaccessible. However, for the players in higher level, a goal with new appliance, new recipes and new decoration items are very welcome, and maybe I should say necessary.
    I feel bored if I cook always the same recipes, have the same look in my shop. I guess my customers feel so too Doing goal brings more fun. Coin or XP is not the reward I concern, they don't worth that much indeed; the locked goal appliance and items that might bring different design are my GOAL. By the way the satisfaction of completing goal can add one point too. I'm happy to see my new style restaurant every time after I do some change. That's why RS is funny to play for me.
    I didn't do or complete every goals. You can stop in any step or even don't start if you don't like the recipes or items. Some goals reward is gem, not bad right?

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Villeroy nailed it. Appliances/recipes and gems are the big ticket reasons to complete the goals. Not only do you get 2 gems per recipe on the new appliance, but sometimes one of the goals in the set will have a gem reward too. A lot of people do it for the decor as well - they're getting rewarded for something they'd like to buy anyway. Then there's just the satisfaction of completion, whether you like any of the stuff the goals make you buy or not. And even if you don't like any of the required purchases, there's still the gems that get you closer to the purchases you DO want.

I don't like goals myself, they get in the way of my own gameplay and planning, but like I said - the gems, man, the gems! Besides, you can generate coins for free all day every day, so you're not really losing anything when the goals tell you to buy stuff, but gems are hard to come by when you don't spend real money on the game.

Rhino Keeper
    When I started playing 2.5 years ago, they only had the basic stove and basic oven. There was nothing else and not too many decorations, so I personally like the goals. It gives me something fun to do and something to try and achieve. Baking the same recipes over and over gets boring after all this time, so I personally like the goals. They do require a decent amount of money, so its definitely got to be hard for newer players. If you don't like the items or goals just ignore them and keep working on leveling up!

Fashion Designer
    The goals don't vary much. You either buy something, request something from neighbors, visit a neighbor, or cook X plates of a recipe. Occasionally you have to just pay a flat fee or add a new neighbor. I kind of like the story element, though, and of course the fact that you can win gems without spending real money!