Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Bicycle Barrel - Levels 253 - 258

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    Yeah, unfortunately as we've all discovered, diamonds aren't all that helpful with super dirt. Exception is if you get 2 side-by-side...if you swap 'em it clears all gems & dirt on screen! I just did it again on my last digging level--so cool! (And rare, but sounds like level 254 might be a place it could happen!) This must be the timed level fancyjewel said I'd like, lol.
    I always swap 2 diamonds together to get that "grandpa funny looking" but I never knew it would clear all the dirt too, I have to try this next time. Thanks for the tip, Phaedrakiki!

Fashion Designer
    Woohoo, I got lucky, before I go to bed, I got 1 energy, I used it and I passed, I even got 3 stars and a gold .

Quote Originally Posted by finnth12 View Post
    I always swap 2 diamonds together to get that "grandpa funny looking" but I never knew it would clear all the dirt too, I have to try this next time. Thanks for the tip, Phaedrakiki!
    You're welcome! I've known for a long time that 2 diamonds clears all jewels on screen, which in a digging level should also mean clearing any dirt that's touching a jewel. But I recently discovered it actually clears more than that--it wipes the entire board! (At least on the super dirt levels I've tried it on.) I wasn't completely sure the first time I tried it (was a timed level.) I was worried I'd imagined it, lol! But this last time I tried it on a moves level, and it definitely cleared all the dirt & super dirt. Yeah, 'ol gramps dude is pretty funny-looking, lol!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    (...) Yeah, 'ol gramps dude is pretty funny-looking, lol!
    hey guys! since you guys brought up the 'ol gramps dude, i thought you guys would be interested in seeing how TL conceptualized the artwork behind Jewel Mania. I've always really appreciated the artwork behind Jewel Mania from the characters to the scenery. So here's a link to the blog post: Say Hello to Bean Dog
    pretty neat stuff!!
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Very cool! I've always admired & been curious about the various elements to the game. Thanks for sharing that!

Quote Originally Posted by OpeningCeremony View Post
    (...) doom jewels drop in so you gotta waste moves on making sure these don't detonate. the count seems to start at 8 on the doom jewels, but i swear i saw one that started at 7 (...)
    Level 253: 40 glass in 40 moves (5JC.) I watched for them. Yes--some doom jewels start at 7! Unfortunately, they can get in hard to reach areas. Even with 7 or 8 moves, I had a couple doom jewels end rounds. But it's still a fun level! Nice and challenging, and no clock (yay!) It took me lots of tries, but I passed with a blaster + bomb & a diamond + blaster. Had a close call with a doom jewel on my passing round, too--don't wait too long when you see one!

Fashion Designer
    Quote Originally Posted by aileeniweeni View Post
    hey guys! since you guys brought up the 'ol gramps dude, i thought you guys would be interested in seeing how TL conceptualized the artwork behind Jewel Mania. I've always really appreciated the artwork behind Jewel Mania from the characters to the scenery. So here's a link to the blog post: Say Hello to Bean Dog
    pretty neat stuff!!

That is so cool! The reason i do the diamonds swap is because i want to see the grandpa. Like saying: "YES!" LOL

Fashion Designer
    Actually, I'm addicted to this jewel mania. Thanks to who created this game and keep adding the new islands with lots of different tasks.

Me too--love this game!

I see what everyone's been saying about Level 254: Dig 23 meters in 3:10 (only 3JC!) It really is special jewel chaos! That's fun, but it's actually quite difficult to dig down with all the "specials action" going on. 23 meters is a long way to go--only got halfway down so far. And as prev said, the doom jewels often take care of themselves, though one did explode on me in my 1st round (so you still have to be aware.) I'm guessing it's going to take me awhile to get used to this level & figure out how to dig faster amidst all these specials. Or it might come down to getting a perfect, lucky board (that activate specials at the right time, not when I'm waiting for my screen to scroll, lol!) We'll see...but in the meantime, to diamond or not? Hmmm...

Ha, on my last energy of the night, I passed 254! My pulse is racing, hands shaking--man is that stressful! Took me a lot of tries to pass it, cuz so much time's wasted with all those special jewels going off on their own (but not getting the super dirt.) Plus there are spots easy to get hung up in (but practice makes you better!) I only got one star when I passed, but I'm just glad I got thru. I *might* try again for a higher score; it wasn't too bad for a timed level. And I did find myself improving as I played. You have to learn to control the specials (as much as you can) and aim those blasters/bombs at the super dirt patches. The diamonds come in handy...swap two to clear all the dirt & super dirt quickly. Or aim a blaster/put a bomb where you want it & swap diamond w/jewel of that color. If you're digging down pretty quickly, you can prob get away with a diamond + blaster combo...I did when I passed. Blaster + bomb combo is the best, though. And you have SO many opportunities on this one--how you manage 'em will determine how well you do. (If you freak out under timed pressure you'll only get 1 star like me, lol!)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast