Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why do some people block their doors?

New Resident

Question Why do some people block their doors?

Do they do it because there's no food and the smiley meter will go down? i did this..it does go down but customers still come. And the smiley goes back up in no time once u serve food.. so why do ppl block doors..am i missing something ??lol..

Executive Chef
    A room in a house in a town in Southeast Kansas
    Yes, it's to keep the smiley face number up. The lower that number, the fewer customers you get coming in when you do unblock the door, which means your food sells much slower, and you're waiting longer to make your coins back. A lot of people have said that if you're going to block your door, do it with a chair or other decor, because if you use the host table, the game still registers sales and/or broken hearts through the door. If you're seeing customers actually coming in though, whatever you're blocking your door with isn't all the way up against the door.

HOWEVER!!! Blocking the door has been known to cause what's called a "quick-sell", where all your food disappears off your counters instantly upon unblocking, and your coin total may or may not reflect the sales. That happens because the game programming wasn't designed for the door blocking thing, and sometimes doesn't react predictably. There are no refunds for anything lost if you take that chance, so just know that.

Farm Supplier

Red face

I have been playing this game for approximately 3 years and have never had a counter of food disappear on me, except for when I accidentally cleared one with over 200,000 Candy Corn Pizza (Doh!)

I always used either a table or chair and have never had my smiley face number go down nor have I lost money or food. I don't know if TL changed something that changes all that because I haven't blocked my door in forever. I have enough food to last me at least 2 years without playing from what I can tell. I have over 1,300,000 Rack of Lamb alone and I must have at least 50 other counters with plenty of food.

TL says that the door blocking feature was never meant to exist and is basically a glitch people take advantage of. When I used it back then, it was to close up my restaurant so that I can hoard my cooked food. After I had more than enough, I'd open up shop and never had to play catch up with the customers ever again. That's how I was able to accumulate over 1 million Rack of Lamb alone.

Executive Chef
    It doesn't happen to everyone, but it has happened, and if it does, it's considered the player's fault for taking advantage of something the game wasn't designed to support, and there's no getting anything back. Just saying.

Executive Chef
    people block their doors because it's boring to play in an empty restaurant at low levels..
    smileys don't go down when you're offline anyway

Executive Chef
    Another reason: I block my door when I'm in my game serving and cooking, because the customers make everything slow and laggy, then I unblock it when I'm done. So that's another possibility for why you might see one blocked.

Host(ess)
    If I hadn't learned how to block my door, I probably would have quit playing. If you have a real life, you can't stay on the restaurant all the time. Especially in the beginning when you don't have many appliances.
    I buy gems for cool new stuff to put in my restaurant, but never, never to speed up cooking or restore spoiled food. That wouldn't be financially responsible to my real bank account.
    I love the ability to block the door when I am re-arranging my restaurant. I like it because I enjoy stocking up the pretty food. I like it for when I am away for an extended time. It's a good thing. And even if it wasn't meant to be,it should be meant to be because it makes the game more fun for the players.
    I've never lost food or money or anything. But, if I did, so what. Not like it's my real food or money.

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by TinksThots View Post

HOWEVER!!! Blocking the door has been known to cause what's called a "quick-sell", where all your food disappears off your counters instantly upon unblocking, and your coin total may or may not reflect the sales. That happens because the game programming wasn't designed for the door blocking thing, and sometimes doesn't react predictably. There are no refunds for anything lost if you take that chance, so just know that.
    I've noticed this"problem" on my Fashion Story, it used to do this on my old phone where I had another bakery, I would block the door for maybe a day or two and when I unblock everything seems back to normal, I'd close it and come back a couple hrs later, boom everything (or mostly everything) cleared out...I'd still get the money/profit from it but its completely irritating knowing I spent all that time stocking up. It does it on my fashion story even with a new device and I have a hard time ENOUGH on that game stocking and keeping stock. So that's actually a problem for me, and I believe it's somewhat of a glitch...so that's not a good thing.

The Honorable Panda
    Blocking the door is not part of the design of the game. It is a work around some players have found.
    Since this is not a feature of the game, unexpected issues like a quick sell can happen.

To avoid issues with your games, please do not block your door.
    Need me? Send Me A Private Message

Note: Due to some personal matters, I will not be on over the weekend.

Contact Storm8 by filling out this form: support.storm8.
    How to submit Support Request

In RS I notice even when I block my doors,food still sells. Not so in BS. Any thoughts?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast