Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Country Express - Levels 247 - 252

Level 248: 16 fire in 40 moves (5JC.) This level took me a few tries, but it was a lot of fun. They made some changes: added 5 moves, removed crates, added/changed windows, shortened the wood rail, changed the snake's body, etc. The photo on the left is Aileeni's from post #2; mine is on the right:

BTW, it's usually easier to fight fire if you **** the snakes, but it's not critical. I passed this round with a diamond + blaster, which left this red snake standing...

Level 249: Dig 10 meters in 50 moves (5JC.) They decreased the moves on this one by 5 (since Aileeni's photo, post #3.) Then, after I passed the level, I went back to take a photo (cuz I'd missed the top part--digging levels take about 3 screenshots to get the whole thing.) They'd increased the moves to 60! Weird...and it would be after I'd passed it, lol. The other change I noticed on this level, is the windows/cutouts at the top are a tiny bit different, but the rest is identical. Not enough of a difference to post the entire comparison (or maybe I'm too lazy, lol!) Anyway, I really enjoyed this level--lots of fun! I swapped 2 diamonds at one point, which cleared all the dirt and super dirt on screen--love when that happens!

Level 250: 32 glass in 40 moves (5JC.) Been working on this one since last night, and the moves are pretty tight. At first, the snakes at the top will keep jewels from refilling, so you'll get blank areas like this:

If it happens, just keep clearing...you'll get it to open up more as you go. Try to make diamonds or blasters to get the snakes out of the way as soon as possible. Especially the snake at the top left--it's the hardest to **** in every round I've played. So if I get a diamond and no blaster to combine it with, I swap with a purple jewel. The snakes are always the same colors in same places, though the color of the restricted jewels behind the crates will vary. In theory, you don't actually have to **** any of the snakes--there's no glass underneath. But the glass is under the restricted jewels in the corners, and that's usually where the remaining glass is when you run out of moves. If only you could blast each corner 3 times (once for the restricted jewel and 2 more for double glass.) It would make this level much easier to pass! Regardless, this is a fun level. I don't mind it being difficult, as long as I don't have the pressure of a timer!

Well the 3-move-levels-in-a-row fun's over...I passed 250. I used several blaster + bomb combos, as well as a few diamonds on their own to take out snakes & restricted jewels (couldn't ever get a diamond + blaster on this level ever--and I def tried!) Only had one move left, too...very close! I really enjoyed this; challenging and at-my-own-pace! Unfortunately, now I'm back to another fiery 50-second timed level--ugh! :tears:

Level 251: 16 fire in :50 (5JC.) Players have already complained about there not being enough time (even when it was at 1:00--so they reduced it ) So I'll say no more (at least for now--tho' if I get stuck here long I'll prob cry some more, lol.) I've only tried it twice, but it wasn't pretty. Gotta move fast...very stressful (imho, anyway.) Good luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by OpeningCeremony View Post
    (...) so far i've found this timer of 1:00 to be very short for this round. (...)
    Quote Originally Posted by finnth12 View Post
    They changed the time, it's 50 seconds only. (...) Please add more time on here....hello...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phaedrakiki View Post
    (...) Level 251: 16 fire in :50 (5JC.) Players have already complained about there not being enough time (...)
    They heard our plea! After playing a few rounds this morning at :50, the clock was suddenly increased to 1:10! So awesome! It still took me awhile, but I finally passed level 251. You have to move quickly, as on any other timed fire level. Espec. at the beginning, cuz fire can take over very fast. But make sure you make smart moves--I often notice I'm so frantically swiping I miss opportunities to make special jewels or loosen restricted jewels. Once you get some of the rhinestones (restricted jewels, lol) cleared up top, you'll find it easier to make special jewels. It's still a bit hard to get 'em combined (with obstacles like fire, wood walls, etc.,) but they obviously make the firefight much easier! And the fire is pretty accessible, especially as the restricteds get "pried from their settings," lol. But you don't have to clear that many of them at the bottom...just focus on the fire!

Fashion Designer
    Woo Hoo! Congrats to passing that one Phaedrakiki!
    need help? send me a PM
    need tips on a Jewel Mania level? JM Master Thread

Thanks, Aileeni! So glad to be done with it!

Since then, I've been working on Level 252: Extinguish 20 fire in 40 moves (5JC.) I'm enjoying this level, but it's pretty difficult. As prev mentioned, the two bottom corner flames are really hard to put out. Several times I've had all the fire out save those 2. You have to blast them, as they're completely separated from the main board. A horizontal blaster at the bottom would be perfect, but I haven't been able to get one down there, much less detonate it! I've used a vertical blaster on one side or the other to get it out (need both--c'mon! ) The vertical ones are tricky to position, so if you get one lined-up, use it immediately! I waited once to first push back some fire, and messed up my shot (dumb!) The moves are pretty tight here, too...so waitin' on that lucky board!

K, finally passed 252. A diamond + blaster finally put out those corner flames, and the rest was typical fire-fighting. Did it on my 2nd-to-last move, too (had thought that round was another loss!) Only one star, though...and when I got to Bicycle Barrel, it told me I needed another star to proceed. (Figured that would happen soon--had some bad islands there awhile back.) So instead of redoing level 252, I went back further & played with some lower levels. Now I'm ready for the next island...

Farm Supplier
    I'm trailing way behind you all! Just to say that 251 is back down to 1:00. Nowhere near as bad as 0:50, but I think 1 minute is way too short for this level - it's very fast moving, and because of the way the jewels "trickle" down through the screen, there's no real way of predicting what the screen is going to look like after you've made a move, it's almost like the board has partially reshuffled each time you clear some jewels! My brain can't plan the next move while my hands are making the current move - which really slows me down!

Host(ess)
    I somehow beat 247 on my first try with about 20 seconds to spare on a 50 second clock. Even after I messed up what should have been a diamond/blaster combo. Lucky board.

I also cleared all of the fire on 248 on my first try with two moves left. Unfortunately, the board froze when the last of the fire was cleared (bomb/blaster combo). I had to force the game closed. It didn't register me beating the level and took all of my energy too. Ugh.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast