Page 95 of 110 FirstFirst ... 4585919293949596979899105 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 4]

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by vozier View Post
    All the crashes probably are narrowed to CPU/GPU capacity, the higher the lvl and decoir the higher the load on the hardware and thus the crashes. There aint much to do if TL doesnt work on this ASAP, and optimizes the game to use lesser resources, or at least reasonable ones.
    One wishes one could play a lighter graphic version of the game, like PC games wich one selects lower detail and stuff if the game is too demanding on your rig.
    Incorrect since the same hardware runs games that are more intensive than Dragon Story and they run smoothly, without lag and crashes. It's poor programming plain and simple (I know, I'm a programmer). They need to rethink their approach to Android apps and also put time into getting their devs up to speed on better droid programming and translations from Objective C to Java (or use some good cross platform libraries like other app developers use...gee there's a thought).

Fashion Designer
    All the crashes probably are narrowed to CPU/GPU capacity, the higher the lvl and decoir the higher the load on the hardware and thus the crashes. There aint much to do if TL doesnt work on this ASAP, and optimizes the game to use lesser resources, or at least reasonable ones.
    One wishes one could play a lighter graphic version of the game, like PC games wich one selects lower detail and stuff if the game is too demanding on your rig.
    Quote Originally Posted by AzHadz View Post
    Incorrect since the same hardware runs games that are more intensive than Dragon Story and they run smoothly, without lag and crashes. It's poor programming plain and simple (I know, I'm a programmer). They need to rethink their approach to Android apps and also put time into getting their devs up to speed on better droid programming and translations from Objective C to Java (or use some good cross platform libraries like other app developers use...gee there's a thought).
    Low end iPad Touch, first gen iPads and older iPhones has no issues like Android does. And I'm sure most of our devices are more powerful than those.

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by yayacupcake View Post
    Low end iPad Touch, first gen iPads and older iPhones has no issues like Android does. And I'm sure most of our devices are more powerful than those.
    Definitely. My brother has a really old iphone that runs dragon story so much more smoothly than my other brother's nexus tablet. Makes no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by AzHadz View Post
    Seems like theythink android is not worth the investment. It's sad, a lot of android players play this game (A LOT OF PEOPLE!!!) and are willing to spend money on it (some still do), but honestly with the current bugs and crashes and disparity, I think it's just a waste of cash.
    I mean come on, seriously. As if the disparity wasn't bad enough, the crashes, and freezes, and bugs and whatnot are just so so bad they can drive anyone nutters. It's putting the horrible on top of the worst, right next to the bad and in front of the terrrible. *sigh*

All the crashes probably are narrowed to CPU/GPU capacity, the higher the lvl and decoir the higher the load on the hardware and thus the crashes.
    This isn't fully true. I have 3 Droid Razrs. All of them are dual core processors with more than enough memory to run the game. My 2 devices running on Android 2.3.7 don't crash, but the newest and most up to date one which is running on Android 4.0.4 crashes constantly while trying to do the most basic things. It's not a CPU/GPU issue at all when my 2 devices that have older hardware can run without crashing while the newest one does. The only differences I have are the Android versions.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickySilver View Post
    This isn't fully true. I have 3 Droid Razrs. All of them are dual core processors with more than enough memory to run the game. My 2 devices running on Android 2.3.7 don't crash, but the newest and most up to date one which is running on Android 4.0.4 crashes constantly while trying to do the most basic things. It's not a CPU/GPU issue at all when my 2 devices that have older hardware can run without crashing while the newest one does. The only differences I have are the Android versions.
    You are probably right. Android version compatibility it seems to be then.

Rhino Keeper
    If TL just concentrated on Android for a couple of weeks instead of putting a new dragon out every 3 days im sure they could fix most of theses problem with crashing! Imagine if we did have everything that ios has, the game would crash before it loaded! !!Parity is never going to happen cause they would have done it by now, We are being strung along that's why we never get any feedback from TL because there's nothing to tell us.But we will keep playing and wishing and will still be next summer!

Farm Supplier
    I have reached the point that i have cut my playing time to half or less. Crashes are so often now that i am warning my neighbors about stopping visits until the problems are fixed.
    HelloTLwe really need answers soon, you are loosing players by the minute.
    I will probably leave the game frozen and return only to evolve some long timed dragons, take a chance at breeding something and not much else, sad to see my dragons abandoned, but reality bites.

Another thing I find strange about the Android version differences in the game are that my newest (4.0.4) doesn't get any pop ups when the game starts to notify of new dragons or expiring ones while my lower end (2.3.7) devices do. The only thing that pops up for my 4.0.4 device is the daily bonus and when a "new version" of DS comes out. I guess it's all moot now anyway. I went from logging on every hour or so, to now only logging on once a day at most. I only plant the 20 hour food (attempt through all the crashing) and I don't have the ability to visit more than 1 island at a time before it crashes. And the only time I can visit an island is if it's immediately when the game starts. If I do as little as collect one habitat, visiting another island is an automatic crash. Funny thing is you pretty much know when a crash is coming. Like when you try to press on a dragon egg to hatch it and nothing happens, it just centers the egg. Oops I need to press home button then use my task ****er to close it out.. Alright lemme try this again..

Fashion Designer
    I wonder if we'll get all the iOS-dragons that are now limited and leaving the game, IF and WHEN android finally catches up?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRickySilver View Post
    Another thing I find strange about the Android version differences in the game are that my newest (4.0.4) doesn't get any pop ups when the game starts to notify of new dragons or expiring ones while my lower end (2.3.7) devices do. The only thing that pops up for my 4.0.4 device is the daily bonus and when a "new version" of DS comes out. I guess it's all moot now anyway. I went from logging on every hour or so, to now only logging on once a day at most. I only plant the 20 hour food (attempt through all the crashing) and I don't have the ability to visit more than 1 island at a time before it crashes. And the only time I can visit an island is if it's immediately when the game starts. If I do as little as collect one habitat, visiting another island is an automatic crash. Funny thing is you pretty much know when a crash is coming. Like when you try to press on a dragon egg to hatch it and nothing happens, it just centers the egg. Oops I need to press home button then use my task ****er to close it out.. Alright lemme try this again..
    My android game is pretty much useless now. If I'm lucky, when I first open it, I can get to the menu and try to send gold, then it crashes. After that I can't get in to ebpven check if the gold has been sent. It will be abandoned soon. Haven't been able to breed or accept map requests or anything since tropic came out.
    Or was it ice age?