Page 31 of 110 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast

Thread: Feedback: Android parity discussion [Part 4]

Rhino Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by MomsHouseofSweets View Post
    Hmmm, yeah ... wonder how many Androids know about "Knight Dragon"??? I just found out about it. What does this make now ... 20 or 21 dragons we can't have???
    Yup. 21 Dragons to be Exact...

Admin Community Manager [S8] Elsa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevynsan View Post
    If TL cannot do parity, then how is it possible for certain Android devices to get the Quest Outlook and Battle Arena. Yes, they are just decoration for us, but if the code is there to make them visible logic would reason that the code is there to make them functional.....has anyone else noticed this?
    No one said we can't do parity, it's just taking some (a lot of ;() time. Some Android users may have the Outlook and the Battle arena if they transferred from iOS to Android or if we need to check out an account and use that version (i.e. if we take out a Gem Cluster for you). The buildings are just images, which can be displayed, but the actual features are much more complicated. Since the buildings are just images, they aren't functional (for now). Some folks are under the impression that we're just refusing to update, but that's not the case. It would serve no benefit at all to exclude anyone, as you can see by the multi-hundred page threads of feedback. We're working on it and when we have news to share, don't worry, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

Executive Chef
    Thanks Pony,
    I know you're always working on it, all the time... since New dawn boost..

Farm Supplier
    suburb of Phoenix AZ..native LOVE it here!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 081702 View Post
    If you get an iPod, iPhone or ipad you can still have your current account on the new device. Just transfer it over yourself or TL will do it for you. But you do not have to start over from scratch again.
    Really,.when I get my iphone I can transfer my current game? Im level 97 and losing that is not an option! But I could swear that I was told by customer support (?) that I would have to start from scratch! True this was a long time ago so has this recently changed or was he incorrect?

Executive Chef
    Quote Originally Posted by KeriBeri71 View Post
    Really,.when I get my iphone I can transfer my current game? Im level 97 and losing that is not an option! But I could swear that I was told by customer support (?) that I would have to start from scratch! True this was a long time ago so has this recently changed or was he incorrect?
    This is How to transfer id
    https://forums.storm8.com/showthread....-Storm8-Method

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by KeriBeri71 View Post
    They were certainly incorrect! They will either do it for you. Or you can do it yourself in under three minutes. Everything is definitely the same, no changes, except better game play.
    Last edited by ButterPanda; 07-09-13 at 05:22 PM. Reason: swapping devices

Rhino Keeper
    That means you want me to spend $399 for another tablet when i purchased my Nexus 7 device for $249 For one App. I'm sorry, but no one is paying my college tuition, my bills, or is offering me a device for free. I Thank You Pony, but no thanks to a new device. Things should have never been implemented if it was known there was no equality on all platforms. It's bad enough that our economy treats rich people, and poor people differently. I wouldn't expect to see this happening in a game.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by hubbabubba03 View Post
    That means you want me to spend $399 for another tablet when i purchased my Nexus 7 device for $249 For one App. I'm sorry, but no one is paying my college tuition, my bills, or is offering me a device for free. I Thank You Pony, but no thanks to a new device. Things should have never been implemented if it was known there was no equality on all platforms. It's bad enough that our economy treats rich people, and poor people differently. I wouldn't expect to see this happening in a game.
    Lol, you made it sound like us Android users are poor people. I know that wasn't your intent though.

But impoverished citizens get welfare benefits and Medicaid from the government so I wouldn't necessarily say they get treated badly. It's just that many rich people look out for themselves.

Plus, thank you Pony. That's the kind of customer/provider interaction we are asking for. Just that post makes me feel much more at ease. Sure, it's still unknown when Android is getting anything, and very likely iOS will still keep receiving while Android waits, but a post acknowledging us to assure us that we haven't been forgotten is nice. Again, thanks Pony.

Farm Supplier
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyRoar View Post
    It would serve no benefit at all to exclude anyone, as you can see by the multi-hundred page threads of feedback. We're working on it and when we have news to share, don't worry, we'll be sure to let everyone know.
    Thank you for replying Pony. While I am not trying to be a negative Nancy, I do have to ask...since excluding people benefits no one, why is TL choosing to exclude Android players by introducing iOS dragons that are not craftable (i.e. Gold & Stained Glass)? The multi-hundred page threats of feedback are 99.999% user discussions and complaints, with little response from any TL member. Again, I'm not trying to be negative and I know you are just the messenger. I just would like to understand better. Yes, making an image appear and making it function are two totally different sides of the spectrum, however, it doesn't appear to Android users to take a year+ to provide iOS players with new features and dragons. While it is taking us eons just to try and get two vital functions to DS game play (crafting and trading). Explaining the logic to this would open the eyes of many a player with Android. I am not expecting a timeframe here, but an explanation of TL's logic in doing some of the things they have been doing would really help here. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Host(ess)
    Why isnt anyone on this thread anymore